Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,205 members, 7,845,998 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term (28384 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Brands Running Adverts On CNN, Others To Pay ₦100,000 Fine / Amotekun Officers Open Fire In Oyo, Two Killed, Scores Injured | / Election: NBC Imposes N500, 000 Fine On Ekiti Broadcasting Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Heavensent01(m): 9:40am On Feb 12, 2020
[s]
Conner44:
So if a Fulani herdsman decides to ‘legally’ kill 3 Amotekun officers in a stationed hilux he will first sell 5 of his cows and gather the cash for the fine and then carve out one month in his life to flex prison. I’m sure he will pull strings and be out in good time too.

Chai, it’s too poor naw. ONLY N250,000? A MONTH? chai. We all know herdsmen DO NOT MOLEST, they KILL. even if you miraculously survive with cuts and all you’d wish you were dead.

Even a rich herdsman can sponsor them one million to wipe out the Amotekun cats from a particular village.

I really pity the Amotekun cats

whoever decides to join this stuff to collect N13k salary and put a N250,000 or 1 month jail price on his life in a cruel manner is a fool
[/s]

you're slow in reasoning. what you quote is talking about harassment

Amotekun personnel had gun to resist attackers, it would be a gun to gun battle. any arrest herdsmen or killed herdsmen will be handover to NPF

harassment here is a societal law to give the Amotekun personnel their own precedence back by law

do you know the consequence of harassing a police officers? how is that different from not going after arm robbers and prosecuting them under the law?

stop stressing your mental faculty if it can't reason with a wide capacity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by dragunov: 9:41am On Feb 12, 2020
iAmViper:
Assault?
what if they were attacked by hearders?

Now that's a really good dumb question.

1 Like

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by duality(m): 9:45am On Feb 12, 2020
No control whatsoever.

What an error.

Will Amotekun beat people and can not be beaten?

Are they infallible? If they attack someone in error, should the person not respond to them.

Are they not humans working in Amotekun?

We shall see?
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by rapid101(m): 9:49am On Feb 12, 2020
Section 14 reads in part, “There shall be appointed by the governor, a corps commander for the agency, who shall be a retired law enforcement officer or military officer not below the rank of a major or its equivalent in other security services.[b][/b]

why not live d appointment to the various state house of assemble. I pray it politicise jst the Nigeria police ve been
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by rummmy: 10:16am On Feb 12, 2020
Bubu and his brothers right now.....

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 12, 2020
Antoeni:
I am not Against Amotekun.
Amotekun is very much in Order, But my Fear is Gain Adams Heading Operations

Read it again. A retired military officer not lower than the rank of major will head the outfit.

1 Like

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by rafcrown(m): 10:27am On Feb 12, 2020
Shooting at Amotekun,maiming Amotekun, Resisting arrest from Amotekun, Spreading untrue informal /formal information about Amotekun, Impersonating Amotekun officers, Giving bribes to Amotekun officers
Should also carry grave consequences.
Plan well to suceed.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by eedimo(m): 10:28am On Feb 12, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Hmmm, una wan give this people status of a demi god... Them go soon turn to sars...same way SARS officers beat and kill innocent citizens while on duty.
My worry bro
Nigerians are good at abusing power.

1 Like

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by SenecaTheYonger: 10:36am On Feb 12, 2020
sparko1:

Your stupidity stink to high heaven, killing anyone in Nigeria attract the death penalty or life sentence if convicted.

....except police officers.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:37am On Feb 12, 2020
the end of all this is what I'm all about.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by newoffer: 10:38am On Feb 12, 2020
Oh! They can be beaten. Lol
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Mogajunior(m): 10:44am On Feb 12, 2020
cool

Am not a pessimist but trust me the group will soon become corrupt and even worse than Nigeria police. Let's give it time. This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Mrexcell(m): 11:03am On Feb 12, 2020
Making the ametukun officials immune to law suits is a recipe for disaster. The black man will always abuse absolute powers there should be a way to control their excesses.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by davidtemi(m): 11:27am On Feb 12, 2020
knowhowk:
A sane Person would notlayHis hands on Security Operatives ...
u don see where pesin beat police b4??
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by shogsman(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2020
seunlayi:
Killing the Amotekun before birth. Who will pay that amount in this poverty invested country?
So you expect people to start beating up security operatives abi
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by shogsman(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2020
Mogajunior:
cool

Am not a pessimist but trust me the group will soon become corrupt and even worse than Nigeria police. Let's give it time. This is Nigeria.
You're a true pessimist.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by akejujoe(f): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
Conner44:
So if a Fulani herdsman decides to ‘legally’ kill 3 Amotekun officers in a stationed hilux he will first sell 5 of his cows and gather the cash for the fine and then carve out one month in his life to flex prison. I’m sure he will pull strings and be out in good time too.

Chai, it’s too poor naw. ONLY N250,000? A MONTH? chai. We all know herdsmen DO NOT MOLEST, they KILL. even if you miraculously survive with cuts and all you’d wish you were dead.

Even a rich herdsman can sponsor them one million to wipe out the Amotekun cats from a particular village.

whoever decides to join this stuff to collect N13k salary and put a N250,000 or 1 month jail price on his life in a cruel manner is a fool
bros calm down. Assault is different from kill.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Jamarii: 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Read it again. A retired military officer not lower than the rank of major will head the outfit.
[/s]
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Jack500: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2020
BlackfireX:
Now you see.... They will become nuisance...worst than the police.

The FG should outlaw this thuggish outfit

Amotekun is staying, u can go and kill urself
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by 77up(m): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2020
Conner44:

Joblessness at it peak.

You can't have a job and wail senselessly on amotekun here like this . mind you , amotekun is here to stay.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by 77up(m): 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
I wish amotekun can be regulated not to collect money on the road like police.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by DavidEsq(m): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Hmmm, una wan give this people status of a demi god... Them go soon turn to sars...same way SARS officers beat and kill innocent citizens while on duty.
That law is not bigger than the constitution of the FRN. It would not stand the test of a law suit

1 Like

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by pacespot(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2020
I hope they are not planning to use this amotekun as an instrument of oppression against people or to extort their money? Which one be 250,000 fine when the security networks have not even yet begone operation? I suspect something not good for the people here
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Fariq: 1:17pm On Feb 12, 2020
However, an Amotekun officer cannot be sued for whatever he does in the course of duty but only what he does in his personal capacity.

Good one. I believe the south west are saint, they need not to worry. The Amotekun will only Harass herdsmen and they cannot be sued. grin grin grin
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Mcdaniels06: 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
Though am not from there but I'm always Proud of Ekiti state

Action Proven State.

Hope other states takes this kind of decisive action.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Dagrace01(m): 2:12pm On Feb 12, 2020
Conner44:

You're talking gibberish!
You think this isn't a serious business?
They'll be armed, and tactically sound.
Take a review of the structure put in place, this isn't a joke nigger!
If you're an herder or bandit, or their loyalist or an informat, and u believe u can put fear in the mind of people from here, u had better get it now: Amotekun de! Iberu bojo ba gbogbo won! ; grin cool undecided
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Ojycelarma: 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2020
I think the person that drafted this law is not balance upstairs, how many Nigerians make 100k per month?? Na God go punish all of you with your unrealistic laws!! SHAME
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by obontami: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2020
Mihaug:
Amotekun Officers will be like...

Touch me n c tongue

Haha shit bro

1 Like

Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by Conner44: 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
akejujoe:
bros calm down. Assault is different from kill.

Yes I know that assault is different but ask yourself one question... how many people do you hear that herdsmen ‘beat up’ against how many they ‘kill’. Herdsmen don’t ‘beat up/assault’, they always murder at least 90% of the time.

So this law is just one that is left for the usual citizens themselves who will be in the crosshairs of the Amotekun people once herdsmen are not around.

Dagrace01
77up
Heavensent01
sparko1
Unrated900

All of you above are just mumu who can’t see the bigger picture.
Re: Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term by ume1000: 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2020
How come I feel this agency is just another channel to gain political power and steal public funds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IKEDC Unveils Lagos Areas Getting 20-24 Hours Power Supply / Nneoma Okorocha Donates A Bungalow To A Widow In Owerri Today (Photos) / Photos As The CGC Of Customs Hammed Resumes Duty Officially Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.