Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! (11981 Views)

Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? / Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service / Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Mobinga: 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ellyptical:

L+G,
What about number portability? It has been ages since we started hearing of plans to implement this and up till date nothing has been done about this.
Number portability refers to a system in which I can keep my 0803 number and switch to Glo this week, and move to Etisalat next week if Glo pisses me off.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-75102.0.html

I recall that Etisalat pushed for this when they came into the Nigerian market but I suspect foul play. Some gainers in the number monopoly may have exchanged bags to shoot this idea down. I will wait for Wikileaks to shed light on this.
This same MTN that said that per second billing could only begin 3 years after their operation in Nigeria but quickly started per second billing when Glo kicked off is my main suspect. I wont be surprised if i hear that MTN has been bribing to make sure that this number portability never sees the light of day.
Must every good thing for the masses be shot down by these greedy multinationals? Must the NCC show how much of a weakling it is by allowing these companies to get away with the story of lack of infrastructures for the portability project?
To make things clearer, Nigeria is one of the Largest and most profitable GSM markets in the world. MTN had 30M subscribers in 2009. This is more than the total population of Ghana! How much more profit do these greedy companies need before they can admit that they can afford whatever infrastructure they need for the number portability?
Can someone please initiate a petition to the senate committee on Communication and the NCC?
Thanks.

grin grin
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by brosd2: 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
This is a welcome development.I have a dream that one day we shall all browse with N0.00 monthly charges.

Airtel call rates is the lowest in the country at the moment not Etisalat.Airtel is 20k/second to all network while Etisalat is 25k/second to any network for now.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by jle(f): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
Like play like play blackberry subcription wld soon come down to N1000 cos is now common like pure water everywhere.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Harus(m): 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2010
NNPC is Recruiting now.
Pls spread the news.
www.nnpcgroup.com/
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by lynxnoon(m): 11:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ucheosefoh:

Good news MTN to follow or they will lose market share[color=][/color]
abi dem don dey lose?. . . . i've not loaded my mtn since dis airtel stuff started. . . lol grin grin
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by twinskenny(m): 11:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
jle:

Like play like play blackberry subcription wld soon come down to N1000 cos is now common like pure water everywhere.

less than that self
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by DisGuy: 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2010
So what happened to all their excuse about Infrastructure: power and Security being an obstacle to proper low cost telecommunication market?

they might soon start slashing salary o!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
when are they going to reduce internet subscription
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by nellaluv(f): 11:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
brosd2:

This is a welcome development.I have a dream that one day we shall all browse with N0.00 monthly charges.

That idea is a fallacy my friend, even the bible says that shall nt steal grin
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by nellaluv(f): 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2010
It's still expensive. When the BIS is #1,000 i think i'll get meself a BB.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by lynxnoon(m): 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2010
nellaluv:

It's still expensive. When the BIS is #1,000 i think i'll get meself a BB.
ON POINT!!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by nellaluv(f): 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^ lol, i need a blackberry phone, the BIS dey fear me cheesy
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by sshalom(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2010
This is one reason why our various governments should stay off business. GSM in less than a decade has affected more lives positively than the whole 50 years of our independence put together.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by heryyy(m): 12:06am On Dec 15, 2010
Two lagos bigZZZZZ girl where gisting,

Babe 1: I just got my blackberry,I will buy my pin next week smiley
Babe 2: me I don't like blackberry,I prefer BB cheesy
Babe 1: ok o! is ur BB samsung or nokia? Anyway just give me ur pin let me call u grin
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by nellaluv(f): 12:12am On Dec 15, 2010
heryyy:

Babe 1: ok o! is your BB samsung or nokia? Anyway just give me your pin let me call u grin

Lol, seriously is anyone that stupid grin . Did u make this up?
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Mobinga: 12:26am On Dec 15, 2010
heryyy:

Babe 1: ok o! is your BB samsung or nokia? Anyway just give me your pin let me call u grin
grin grin grin
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by cafedeluv(m): 12:57am On Dec 15, 2010
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by mrofficial(m): 1:04am On Dec 15, 2010
I said it before that when Glo rolls out it's new rate for the BIS, it will beat MTN. Not even promo.

Now lets see if MTN will stop their yeye promo. The promo should be forever or even face another forever promo. LOOOOL
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by k2kay(m): 1:14am On Dec 15, 2010
is it really good news? it will be when it gets slashed to #500 a month! angry
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by k2kay(m): 1:23am On Dec 15, 2010
lynxnoon:

ON POINT!!

u guys are right on point,its still too expensive MTN #3000 now GLO #2800,its really laughable the way this telecom pple think angry.should i replace my MTN with GLO for a #200 difference?if they really want to give us sumtin cool then it should be #500bucks from my own point of view!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by jdoss: 1:24am On Dec 15, 2010
@Mr. official

MTN stopped calling it a promo a while back, I think it was around the time Airtel also dropped their rates. Say what you will, but MTN still deserves credit for being the first to take the plunge. All Glo seems to do these days is wait for someone to innovate, then make theirs slightly cheaper. They did the same thing with 3G.

Waiting for someone to show their hand and the beating their hand by N200 is not much of a business plan. I thought glo was meant to be the innovator, the leader, not some primary school student with a "you show me yours, I'll show you mine" mentality.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by tomiwizzle(m): 1:52am On Dec 15, 2010
dem papa, after dem don chop werin dem wan chop finish dem come dey lower tariffs, And poor nigerians would think they're doing us a favour too badt, they should have started free weekend calls as per inter-network  free weekend call a long time ago, dem bring free night calls decieve us, we sef come dey ginger call for night sleep for day. i won't lie I was a victim too. this BB price slash na bullshit cos it's just in a bid to increase market, you sef check am, with the price slash check out the number of people dat would rush to get one now because of the price slash, jarae, holla at your boy tomiwizzle on 2107EDC2 bb pin
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Carlc: 2:28am On Dec 15, 2010
BB go soon yapa for every with very cheap BIS
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by celemel(m): 5:02am On Dec 15, 2010
4 call rates- any shorter dan 4 minutes Eti is in d lead but over 4 minutes Airtel takes over. Depends on how long u call.
4 BIS- make dem crash d price down 2 1k sef. @ least its sure 4 me dat MTN will maintain d 3k per month. Na Nokia C3 start ds war.

^^ Above is incorrect. The lowest rate now is Airtel. You pay N36 for the first minute of your first call in a day. Every other call is billed .20k per second which equals N12/minute. On the other hand, Etisalat bills 25kobo per second which equals N15/minute. You are also surcharged a daily access fee of N20. There is no way Etisalat is cheaper than Airtel. That is a fact. Please let us stop spewing out wrong info here. Added to this, Etisalat takes the N20 daily access charge at 0.00hrs everyday, whether you use the phone for the day or not. In contrast, Airtel takes that N36 for the first one minute of call ONLY when you make your first call of the day. If for any day you don't initiate any call, your money remains for you.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by HkEbuka(m): 5:52am On Dec 15, 2010
Glo is really trying 4 naija, if not MTN for don kill us,
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by apoti(m): 7:24am On Dec 15, 2010
make all of them dey drop joh, especially MTN dem don chop us finish!

but I hope this their competition won't be like that of the banking industry undecided
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by DoubleN(m): 8:19am On Dec 15, 2010
But come to think of it,a N200 difference is not really 'healthy competition' after-all. How many people will ditch their MTN lines and use Glo because of the 200 difference? Not many if you ask me.
I suggest if Glo wants to be projected as 'Nigerian Friendly' they should take the lead and stop following MTN like a house-fly!
N1,500 for the BIS would not have killed them and it would have really been a huge dent in the MTN armor!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by yahoo2(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2010
Double N:

But come to think of it,a N200 difference is not really 'healthy competition' after-all. How many people will ditch their MTN lines and use Glo because of the 200 difference? Not many if you ask me.
I suggest if Glo wants to be projected as 'Nigerian Friendly' they should take the lead and stop following MTN like a house-fly!
N1,500 for the BIS would not have killed them and it would have really been a huge dent in the MTN armor!

Very correct cool
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Jeezy: 8:38am On Dec 15, 2010
Ellyptical:

L+G,
What about number portability? It has been ages since we started hearing of plans to implement this and up till date nothing has been done about this.
Number portability refers to a system in which I can keep my 0803 number and switch to Glo this week, and move to Etisalat next week if Glo pisses me off.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-75102.0.html

I recall that Etisalat pushed for this when they came into the Nigerian market but I suspect foul play. Some gainers in the number monopoly may have exchanged bags to shoot this idea down. I will wait for Wikileaks to shed light on this.
This same MTN that said that per second billing could only begin 3 years after their operation in Nigeria but quickly started per second billing when Glo kicked off is my main suspect. I wont be surprised if i hear that MTN has been bribing to make sure that this number portability never sees the light of day.
Must every good thing for the masses be shot down by these greedy multinationals? Must the NCC show how much of a weakling it is by allowing these companies to get away with the story of lack of infrastructures for the portability project?
To make things clearer, Nigeria is one of the Largest and most profitable GSM markets in the world. MTN had 30M subscribers in 2009. This is more than the total population of Ghana! How much more profit do these greedy companies need before they can admit that they can afford whatever infrastructure they need for the number portability?
Can someone please initiate a petition to the senate committee on Communication and the NCC?
Thanks.

YOU initiate it. Let us stop waiting for the next person to take initiative. That's why we are where we are today. "As long as i am ok, i dont want any trouble and i don't care if my neighbour is in trouble"- This, i think, is the major problem with us in Naija.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by KJV: 8:41am On Dec 15, 2010
Dont mind me ooh

Is there a dual sim Blackberry?.  I want to start using my airtel and Glo on it.
Then wait till monthly subscription goes down to NGN500 each, Life is Good
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by DoubleN(m): 8:44am On Dec 15, 2010
BTW what does RIM mean by the 'Sorry the Blackberry App World is not available in your country'? Are they high on Expired Palmwine or what? Nigeria alone i can confidently say accounts for a very significant number of blackberries sold in the whole of Africa! Yet we are not qualified to have access to their washed-up App world? This is the kind of nonsense our so called NCC and Telcos should be looking into if they want to provide their customers with premium value added services.
Nonsense and Ingredence!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E Choke: Racksterli Website Down For Hours, What's Next? / 6 Eras In Nigeria Telecom Industry / Google Buys HTC Assets In $1.1bn Return To Mobile Phone Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.