Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! (11980 Views)

Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? / Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service / Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by eherbal(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2010
Wots d excitement bout?i'm seeing them going as low as 500-1000 naira very very soon
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by hayo(m): 9:53am On Dec 15, 2010
That is d good thing about competition. The customer gains more. But for information sake, RIM collects monthly license fee on each activated BB from networks. So, the money u pay for BIS isn't exclusively for the network but a part of it is paid to RIM. That means our dream of very low BIS price can come true when d naira competes favorably with d dollar.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Benjacky: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2010
Heard GLO has gone DSTV mobile too. Confirm? Free?
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by lynxnoon(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2010
Benjacky:

Heard GLO has gone DSTV mobile too. Confirm? Free?
confirmed.
free till march 2011
works on nokia 5330 but not sure if u have to buy d handset from them. . . . don't think so undecided
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by MUZBO(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2010
Really don't care if its 2 naira/month as long as the service doesn't go bad. Blackberry without BIS is like a male lion without a mane- not menacing enough!!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by twinskenny(m): 10:18am On Dec 15, 2010
Two lagos bigZZZZZ girl where gisting,

Babe 1: I just got my blackberry,I will buy my pin next week
Babe 2: me I don't like blackberry,I prefer BB
Babe 1: ok o! is your BB samsung or nokia? Anyway just give me your pin let me call u
grin grin grin grin
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by medoski(m): 10:25am On Dec 15, 2010
Hey, we should be mindful  the  way we use  the  word price crash  because  businesses  can  pull out of the  market and people will  loose  their jobs.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by nnalue: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2010
i don't like cheap things
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by sunboy(m): 10:44am On Dec 15, 2010
The 3 BAD BOIZ IN TOWN ,
1. Airtel , badboy1 known with pricing power anywhere it exist, killing competitors with its price
2. GLO , badboy2 always meeting up with current standard and showing d power of Naija
3. Etisalat , badboy3 whose marketer is damn good at attracting customers.

Please let MTN withdraw is voice service and go for just broadband, or they get the mess out of Naija, the 3 alone can make it great!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by ahf(m): 10:48am On Dec 15, 2010
Appworld blockage might be linked to our previous record of online fraud ? cry
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by TMONEYs(m): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2010
eheh hehe Mr expensive, i don't like cheap things indeed
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by HARDDON: 11:43am On Dec 15, 2010
got ta be glo all dem way!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Kajiang02(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2010
@jookoli,
BIS service ranges frm £4-£5,dats abt 1000-1250 naira,
Dis tin must drop to abt 500-1000 b4 it'll b assumed dt we r competin favorably wit d global mkts.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Reference(m): 11:57am On Dec 15, 2010
You're right Medoski, privatisation and the attendant competition particularly price wars are highly desirable particularly for long suffering Nigerians but like every war there's the risk of collateral damage and we know too well that the first civilian to fall will be the employee. But look at it this way if it will enhance worker productivity why not. Productivity does not kill rather the opposite. The kind of things we see in NNPC, PHCN, National Assembly and other such establishments is tantamount to assault.

You can imagine I was in a certain Federal Ministry this morning for a service and these two ladies (instead of attending to business) were rather engrossed in a bunch of Christmas cards a vendor had brought for sale. After repeated attempts to gain their attention one of them finally asked 'ah which one do you want to buy' She was completely lost. I just shook my head and left. Outside I purchased a copy of today's Punch Newspapers and guess what I saw, 'Bloated Expenditure: Mass sacking looms in civil service'. If their office was not on the 9th floor I will have returned.

This is what we are saying. Government has no business in business. IMHO their role should strictly be regulatory. It will brood better on one's conscience if he is laid off for competition sake rather than for being a waste pipe. It would be far easier for an unemployed worker on top of his game to get sourced or reinstated than a lazy bag of beans.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by PStacks(m): 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2010
i remember MTN sim selling for over #25,000 back in the days. but now, i can dash you 100 sim cards if you want. this BB thin would still crash.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Akainzo(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2010
Double N:

BTW what does RIM mean by the 'Sorry the Blackberry App World is not available in your country'? Are they high on Expired Palmwine or what? Nigeria alone i can confidently say accounts for a very significant number of blackberries sold in the whole of Africa! Yet we are not qualified to have access to their washed-up App world? This is the kind of nonsense our so called NCC and Telcos should be looking into if they want to provide their customers with premium value added services.
Nonsense and Ingredence!

This means the Blackberry Service Providers in your country have not developed a secured means of collecting money from their subscribers.
Note that there is no credit ratings in Nigeria and Dollar denominated cards are not readily available across the populace. Therefore for the App World to be in place, the Service providers have to developed a means to get subscribers to pay the money for services procured from the App World. Unfortunately, the Nigerian space is made up of jokers and they are not cooperating.

Have you also noticed that no Service Provider provides update services of the OS?
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2010
Guys, it's getting hotter and hotter. Don't sit on the fence. . .click HERE and let your voices be heard and make your opinion count
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by clembass: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2010
Am dumping my Airtel line now hello Glo here i come
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Guyman02: 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
Sometimes I doubt all these adverts tactfully placed here by different companies representatives. The other it was posted on the front page that DSTV now provides local Nigerian channels free on the expiration of  your subcription and everyone was commending DSTV, but it turned out to be a false story and  so many people rushed to go and buy DSTV dish abd decorders so as to be able to watch AIT, Channels, NTA, Silverbird TV etc. free.

You are talking about price slash on BB by Glo, what about their ongoing mago mago TEXT AND WIN PROMO that they are using to rip off gullible Nigerians. Forget this 42% slash nonsense, every company is here to make money as number 1 priority and not after your interest; that comes last.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by DoubleN(m): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2010
clembass:

Am dumping my Airtel line now hello Glo here i come

Because of N200 difference?  shocked shocked.
Akainzo:

This means the Blackberry Service Providers in your country have not developed a secured means of collecting money from their subscribers
Note that there is no credit ratings in Nigeria and Dollar denominated cards are not readily available across the populace. Therefore for the App World to be in place, the Service providers have to developed a means to get subscribers to pay the money for services procured from the App World. Unfortunately, the Nigerian space is made up of jokers and they are not cooperating.

Have you also noticed that no Service Provider provides update services of the OS?
I disagree with you on that, online commerce has nothing to do with the Service Providers. For example,i have an itunes account and i can purchase any app i wish for my iphone,ipad etc and it doesn't have anything to do with AT&T even though they are the exclusive carriers for the iphone.
As for purchasing online, we have access to Debit Cards from VISA and MASTERCARD. Even GTB has the MASTERCARD in Naira which can be used to purchase items from anywhere in the world online and offline!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by ONWARDBABA: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2010
how ddo i activate my glo for black bery service i mean the way to get internet or subscibe internet for my bb
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by joxiri: 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2010
the real price of this bis service is not more than 1k5 in the uk its only 5 pounds for the monthly subscription
so how much is mtn charging these days
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by JUO(m): 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
good news
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
Nice one by our very own Glo grin,
nut they can still do better, these south African crooks have exploited us enuff, the other night i was watch a program one series and an advert came up showing an xmas offer by a South African mobile phone company they were offering High speed internet connection ,3GB downloads and with a free 02 modem @ below 250 Rand a month, i paused and wondered when will i ever see MTN advertising Fastlink modems for free with every 3gb monthly subscription for 500 Naira a month? embarassed
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by TCD: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
lestat:

Nice one by our very own Glo grin,
nut they can still do better, these south African crooks have exploited us enuff, the other night i was watch a program one series and an advert came up showing an xmas offer by a South African mobile phone company they were offering High speed internet connection ,3GB downloads and with a free 02 modem @ below 250 Rand a month, i paused and wondered when will i ever see MTN advertising Fastlink modems for free with every 3gb monthly subscription for 500 Naira a month? embarassed
Hi, 1 rand is 22 naira not 2 naira. So 250 rand = N5,500.

Just thought you should know.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by chubbytee: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
SOME ONE PLEASE TELL MTN TO DO THE SAME, NOT ONLY TO THEIR BB SERVICE BUT ALSO CALL RATES AND OTHER SERVICES, angry
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by otokx(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2010
This is not exciting.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by orgasm(m): 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2010
This is very interesting. I actually expected glo to react to mtn BB price slash. This is the benefit of a free privatised market. It is called consumer surplus in a competitive market.goodnews for subscribers more to come.am happy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E Choke: Racksterli Website Down For Hours, What's Next? / 6 Eras In Nigeria Telecom Industry / Google Buys HTC Assets In $1.1bn Return To Mobile Phone Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.