Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! (11983 Views)

Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? / Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service / Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by tcutie: 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2010
Etisalat has also slashed there BB rate to N3,000,it's in their website, its all good wink)
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by plahtnaum: 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2010
I dumped my MTN line a long time ago after doing all the math. I used to make Zain and Mtn calls on my Zain line because it was cheaper, then I'd call glo woth my glo line. I could not just drop my glo line for etisalat or zain cuz I know they always have a mouth-watering promo in the offing.

Then,

One day I started browsing through glo's website and then I stumbled upon the glo infinito stuff. Even though I knew my state was not included among the 24 benefitting states, I dialled the code. But nothing happened,  not until one day when while making an off-net call, I discovered I had been migrated to the plan. Glo infinito rocks! and goes for 25k/sec to any network plus the usual 20k/sec to the US, UK(fixed), Canada, India, and China (at off-peak periods and weekends)

1. It's cheaper than the etisalat plan where you have to pay an access fee of 20 bucks per day.
2. It's cheaper than the airtel plan if you spend less than N100 per day call less than 7 minutes per day. You only 'feel' the airtel new rates over glo infinito if you call way over 7 minutes and even at that the difference,  undecided
3. Airtel can only call the US at 20k/sec anytime of the day as against glo's 20k/sec to the aforelisted countries during off-peak periods and weekends.
4. Glo still have the night call stuff from 12am-5am , even until 5:59am if you know what I mean wink
5. Now Glo has got the cheap BIS thingy.
6. Glo give you additional credit and bonus when you  load a certain amount of air time.
7. Glo's monthly mini data services are 50% cheaper and faster that airtel's.

I'm not in anyway running down the new airtel deal, I just though it was good to note the glo advantages as well. I still use both lines simply because they are the only ones with good network coverage that can offer me great stuff at affordable prices.

I rest my case. cool
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by pheesayor(m): 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2010
I'm using Airtel's BIS after using zain lite (100mb) for the past two months. I must say here that the BIS is crap. My fear for glo is that people will flood their network and it might become slow eventually. For all who care to listen, AIRTEL'S BIS IS CRAP. If glo remains fast by the end of february and airtel refuses to improve, I'll then swith to glo
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by twinskenny(m): 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2010
plahtnaum:

I dumped my MTN line a long time ago after doing all the math. I used to make Zain and Mtn calls on my Zain line because it was cheaper, then I'd call glo woth my glo line. I could not just drop my glo line for etisalat or zain cuz I know they always have a mouth-watering promo in the offing.

Then,

One day I started browsing through glo's website and then I stumbled upon the glo infinito stuff. Even though I knew my state was not included among the 24 benefitting states, I dialled the code. But nothing happened,  not until one day when while making an off-net call, I discovered I had been migrated to the plan. Glo infinito rocks! and goes for 25k/sec to any network plus the usual 20k/sec to the US, UK(fixed), Canada, India, and China (at off-peak periods and weekends)

1. It's cheaper than the etisalat plan where you have to pay an access fee of 20 bucks per day.
2. It's cheaper than the airtel plan if you spend less than N100 per day call less than 7 minutes per day. You only 'feel' the airtel new rates over glo infinito if you call way over 7 minutes and even at that the difference,  undecided
3. Airtel can only call the US at 20k/sec anytime of the day as against glo's 20k/sec to the aforelisted countries during off-peak periods and weekends.
4. Glo still have the night call stuff from 12am-5am , even until 5:59am if you know what I mean wink
5. Now Glo has got the cheap BIS thingy.
6. Glo give you additional credit and bonus when you  load a certain amount of air time.
7. Glo's monthly mini data services are 50% cheaper and faster that airtel's.

I'm not in anyway running down the new airtel deal, I just though it was good to note the glo advantages as well. I still use both lines simply because they are the only ones with good network coverage that can offer me great stuff at affordable prices.

I rest my case. cool

my brother uve said it all, for now glo is still the best network so far,
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by mrofficial(m): 2:03am On Dec 16, 2010
^^^ MTN has successfully swindled so many Nigerians. People won't listen. You still see someone telling you how MTN is the best in network coverage while stealing you.

Glo still has the cheapest rates in all. If 200 naira was not much difference, why didn't etisalat made theirs 2,800 instead of 3,000.

Some people here are saying 200 naira is not much difference. Don't think about yourself, think about what the company losing or would have be getting if the new rate had been set to 3,000 monthly. ( 200x5000= 1,000,000.00 )

Some people talk like say them no go school. After all, MTN has more customers than the rest networks.
---

@plahtnaum, Thank you very much. I hope they'll open their eyes and read all you wrote.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by eyoniggar(m): 8:10am On Dec 16, 2010
@ first, I wasn't against the MTN price slash promo from 5k to 3k per Month. Then later I got really mad because i figured out they were out there to swindle us again. After about 1 week of the price slash, the network went really bad, you cud ping some1 now, and the person might be receiving the message in the next 45 mins. I mean that's total crap.

The whole scenario tends to show that a lot of subscribers of other networks switched to MTN soon as the promo started,and even people we do not have a BB started getting theirs. If the strategy was to get more subscribers, then why isn't the service good enough?? We are thorough mugus in this country.

PS: The 3k promo ends January ending, the price slash aint definite,so make una open una eyes.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by saintkola(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2010
Glo bis hasn't been reduced to N2,800 yet. Its still N4,800 per month. I confirmed at their office.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by mrofficial(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2010
saintkola:

Glo bis hasn't been reduced to N2,800 yet. Its still N4,800 per month. I confirmed at their office.

The person you asked in the office is not informed. I just called Glo BlackBerry help line ( 333 ), It's 2,800 naira.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:47am On Dec 16, 2010
Guys/Gals, Nomination has closed and the top four nominees (cos there was a tie) have been put up in a poll for you to decide by votes the Phone Section Poster Of The Year 2010.

For transparency and the avoidance of doubt, this is how the nomination stage of the election ended as at 11.59 PM on 15th December 2010.

aieromon - 11 Nominations

texazzpete - 3 Nominations

puskin - 3 Nominations

dragnet - 3 Nominations

The other six nominees got one vote each so didn't make the final cut. . . .

So who gets the crown of Phone Section Poster Of The Year, 2010? Will it be aieromon, texazzpete, puskin or dragnet? The power is in your hands and only your votes will decide. . . . CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO VOTE NOW

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-560128.32.html

VOTING WILL CLOSE AT 11.59PM ON DECEMBER 29, 2010
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by zenus(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2010
saintkola:

Don't depend on their CC for info. They alway get info late
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by mrofficial(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2010
^^^ My post was deleted. I already told him. It's now 2,800, I confirmed on their BlackBerry help line.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by lynxnoon(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2010
saintkola:

then how come it's been updated on their website?
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by saintkola(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2010
A friend of mine wanted to subscribe & we were told it was N4,800 per month that the fee hasn't been reduced yet. He ended up paying for 1 week BIS.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by jackbauer2(f): 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2010
hello,
I want to buy a BB and have been so confused on the choice of network. I was beginning to settle for Airtel before i saw someone that said Airtel is crap. How true is this? (And considereing that also i stay in IKorodu). Will have preferred MTN but i guess its slow cos a lot of pple are hooked therein.
Kindly advise ASAP.

thanks.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by TMoni1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2010
jack_bauer:

hello,
I want to buy a BB and have been so confused on the choice of network. I was beginning to settle for Airtel before i saw someone that said Airtel is crap. How true is this? (And considereing that also i stay in IKorodu). Will have preferred MTN but i guess its slow cos a lot of pple are hooked therein.
Kindly advise ASAP.

thanks.

I can confirm to you that etisalat BIS is the best, go for it. there BIS is now 3k too.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by YungDoc(m): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2010
But is GLO BIS any good? I've heard that their service isnt so stable and fast compared to MTN (which isnt even ok at times). There's no use of a price drop when the service isnt that good to begin with. Would of loved to use Etisalat but where I am they dont have service yet :-/.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by mrofficial(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
Confirmation. Don't mind them jare. I no fit shout.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by YungDoc(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
mr.official:

Confirmation. Don't mind them jare. I no fit shout.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

smiley
well I guess thats confirmation enough. though I hope you do get acceptable speeds and your service is constantly online
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by mrofficial(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2010
Sure. But you cannot get 100% stability. Even on MTN. Ask someone who uses MTN BIS.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by msb247(m): 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
angryMTSEWWWW! PEOPLE ARE REJOICING BECAUSE THE PRICES HAS BEEN SLASHED. undecidedHAS ANYONE ASKED HIM/HER SELF WHETHER OR NOT THE QUALITY OF SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION REMAINS THE SAME? lipsrsealed

I USE BB AS WELL AND I PUT IT TO YOU ALL THAT THE QUALITY HAS ALSO BEEN SLASHED ALONG WITH THE PRICES! sad tongue OR DO U ALL THINK THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING? WHO WOULD EVER WANT TO RUN A BUSINESS AT A LOSS? tongue

JUST BECAUSE OF NAIJA MENTALITY OF WANTING FREEBIES, grin EVERYONE IS HAPPY AND THEY THINK ALL IS WELL embarassed
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by msb247(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2010
i agree with mr official. mtn is even worse at 3000. i wonder how glo's own will be oh! can u imagine that glo bis does not support yahoo messenger? i don't know as for now sha but they all suck!
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by Topgem: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2010
yes  o ,  we don't get value for money
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by kunlebco(m): 6:00am On Dec 19, 2010
good news for bb users. But must glo wait for MTN to show them the way before they behave? Common, glo is Nigerian owned. I think they should have sympathy on us more than these multinationals
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by wazobiang: 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2010
let the games begin
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by LA2(m): 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2010
This is about the best news I've heard coming out of Nigeria in a while. Every time I go home, even for a week, I'm forced to splash out N5000 on BB access that wont kick in on the first day and that I wont use for more than the 6-7 day duration of my stay.
Do we have a competition watch dog in Nigeria? I really suspect that some of these big companies are getting together behind closed doors to set monopoly prices for their products.
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by mrofficial(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2010
kunlebco:

good news for bb users. But must glo wait for MTN to show them the way before they behave? Common, glo is Nigerian owned. I think they should have sympathy on us more than these multinationals

Go to their office and ask. Did Glo make their own promo? Abi does MTN give 150 on recharging 1k card?
Re: Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! by bbstore: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2011
CALL TUNDE ON 07056799937 IF INTERESTED, WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR LONG IN ORDER TO GET NEW STOCK, THE PRICE IS 50K. FRESH IN BOX WITH THE CHARGER AND POUCH.

BLACKBERRY JAVELIN AND TOUR ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

THEY ARE VERY NEAT AND ALMOST NEW.

Trackpad navigation
Bright, hi-resolution screen
Full QWERTY keyboard
3G technology
Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® enabled
256MB flash Memory
3.2 MP digital Camera with
Video Camera
Multimedia Player
Wireless Email
Organiser
Browser
Phone
SMS/MMS

CALL TUNDE ON 07056799937 IF INTERESTED, WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR LONG IN ORDER TO GET NEW STOCK, THE PRICE IS 50K. FRESH IN BOX WITH THE CHARGER AND POUCH.

BLACKBERRY JAVELIN AND TOUR ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SALE

THEY ARE VERY NEAT AND ALMOST NEW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E Choke: Racksterli Website Down For Hours, What's Next? / 6 Eras In Nigeria Telecom Industry / Google Buys HTC Assets In $1.1bn Return To Mobile Phone Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.