Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court (811 Views)

Bayelsa Election: APC Reacts To The Disqualification Of Degi Biobarakuma / Bayelsa Election: APC Branded Salts Go Viral As Part Of Campaign Gifts / Factors That Will Sway Pdp’s Choices In Kogi, Bayelsa Election - Newtelegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by socialmediaman: 5:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
Reflecting on similar election judgements in the past where it was inferred that the voters supposedly voted for the party and not the flag bearers per se,

Shouldn’t the runner up in the APC primaries be declared winner of the election?

Do you trust that the judgement by the SC was done in good faith or maybe this was a facade?

Does the Supreme Court judgement have any connection with ex president GEJ’s meeting with President Buhari behind closed doors on Jan 30, 2020?

lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:
Reflecting on similar election judgements in the past where it was inferred that the voters supposedly voted for the party and not the flag bearers per se,

Shouldn’t the runner up in the APC primaries be declared winner of the election?

Do you trust that the judgement by the SC was done in good faith or maybe this was a facade?

Does the Supreme Court judgement have any connection with ex president GEJ’s meeting with President Buhari behind closed doors on Jan 30, 2020?

Runner up wasn't involved in the election proper.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by socialmediaman: 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Runner up wasn't involved in the election proper.

But they’re the party’s correct flag bearer if the flag bearer is disqualified for fraud?
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:

But they’re the party’s correct flag bearer if the flag bearer is disqualified for fraud?

He is not.

Just give it up

PDP continues in Bayelsa state.

3 Likes

Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by socialmediaman: 5:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

He is not.

Just give it up

I know PDP continues in Bayelsa. Some people are worried this was done to appease the PDP because of the controversial Imo judgement

1 Like

Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by socialmediaman: 5:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

He is not.

Just give it up

I know PDP continues in Bayelsa. Some people are worried this was done to appease the PDP because of the controversial Imo judgement.

Don’t you want to know the truth, so that we’re not being all being played?
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:

I know PDP continues in Bayelsa. Some people are worried this was done to appease the PDP because of the controversial Imo judgement

Both are different.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:

I know PDP continues in Bayelsa. Some people are worried this was done to appease the PDP because of the controversial Imo judgement.

Don’t you want to know the truth, so that we’re not being all being played?

Nothing concerns me with pdp and apc
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by socialmediaman: 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Both are different.

Of course lipsrsealed
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by TheTrueSeeker2: 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:

If you don't understand the simple logic in the SC ruling then...

Bayelsa Guber was a pre-election matter so whatever votes recorded for the party that David Lyon and his deputy belong to were wasted votes. Neither him nor anyone else from his party can benefit from something that does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by socialmediaman: 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Nothing concerns me with pdp and apc

What’s your interest then?
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:

What’s your interest then?
My interest is good governance and my state
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by socialmediaman: 5:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

My interest is good governance and my state

Great! So where will the good governance come from if the governor is enthroned under questionable circumstances? What’s your state if you don’t mind me asking?
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by socialmediaman: 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:

If you don't understand the simple logic in the SC ruling then...
Bayelsa Guber was a pre-election matter

Go ahead and explain, no need for qualifications, judgments or name calling. The questions were clear enough I guess
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:

Great! So where will the good governance come from if the governor is enthroned under questionable circumstances? What’s your state if you don’t mind me asking?

My state is not controlled by pdp or APC...
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by Babacele: 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
nope it a joint ticket and if the gubernatorial team was faulty uptill the stipulated time by the law for any amendment before the submission of the ticket to INEC, anything done by that ticket is null and void before the law. APC should have removed the VP when it noticed the certificate perfidy. It is a painful but good lesson irrespective of our political leanings.
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by gidgiddy: 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:

If the supreme court held that the APC Governor-elect's running mate was not qualified to run then what it means is that APC had no candidate in the election
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by adanny01(m): 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
socialmediaman:

Are you aware that the deputy governor never even stood for primaries?

Last time James Falake was denied the governor, they refused to.consider joint ticket but why now?
Re: Questions About The Bayelsa Election Ruling By The Supreme Court by Jimi24: 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

He is not.

Just give it up

You see your weak minded defense. That is typical Nigerian. Only Nigerians act so dismissively out of fear and laziness to engage the mind.
If the courts are petitioned to prevent presentation of cert. of return tomorrow I guess you will now go full schizophrenic like a typical Nigerian

(1) (Reply)

It Is Possible Buhari Tested Negative -coro Test!!! / Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. / Breaking News!!! Revolution Take Place In The Southern Part Of #nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.