Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor (6630 Views)

Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / President Buhari Receives Duoye Diri, Bayelsa Governor / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by sarrki(m): 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
Bayelsa Supreme Court Ruling, matters arising :

1. But unfortunately Duoye who came second has no constitutional spread. So, he cannot be sworn in tomorrow. Please read the judgement patiencely and goodluck to you. The current Speaker may have to takeover tomorrow. Hope AGF Malami is not sleeping.

2. Now what happened that important assets of Bayelsa State Government have been stripped and looted Will outgoing and incoming PDP govt return the looted assets

3. It is illogical for Wike to help Dickson, even Dickson himself is still in shock of the Miracle of Damman. The comeback was not expected by anybody. At the official opening of the Bayelsa Airport, Dickson was begging the incoming govt from the other side not to abandon the airport that the permission to operate the airport should be obtained from the Civil Aviation Authority.

4. The Judiciary led by Tanko made Mary Odili the Chair of the Bayelsa Panel in order to assert the independence of the judiciary.

5. Na waaaaa ooooo, our people, the PDP were seen clapping with one hand and they are confused of how to describe the the Supreme Court now. Wonderful !!!!

See the Koko of the judgement below:

1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Officialgarri: 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
Let me help you with a screenshot.

Wailers will wail, dem go tire grin

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
sarrki:

1. But unfortunately Duoye who came second has no constitutional spread. So, he cannot be sworn in tomorrow. Please read the judgement patiencely and goodluck to you. The current Speaker may have to takeover tomorrow. Hope AGF Malami is not sleeping.

2. Now what happened that important assets of Bayelsa State Government have been stripped and looted Will outgoing and incoming PDP govt return the looted assets

3. It is illogical for Wike to help Dickson, even Dickson himself is still in shock of the Miracle of Damman. The comeback was not expected by anybody. At the official opening of the Bayelsa Airport, Dickson was begging the incoming govt from the other side not to abandon the airport that the permission to operate the airport should be obtained from the Civil Aviation Authority.

4. The Judiciary led by Tanko made Mary Odili the Chair of the Bayelsa Panel in order to assert the independence of the judiciary.

5. Na waaaaa ooooo, our people, the PDP were seen clapping with one hand and they are confused of how to describe the the Supreme Court now. Wonderful !!!!

APC votes is zero and that automatically hands the spread over to pdp...

Case closed.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Munzy14(m): 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
sarrki:

In one thread u are crying how Buhari failed u, In this one, u crying how the declared winner might not be at the event tomorrow.... cheesy

guy choose a hustle.
Nigerian politics is deeper than what u think u know.

The problem is not APC or PDP, rather some people like u.

We give this wolves the chance to play the masses.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Officialgarri: 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2020
Munzy14:

In one thread u are crying how Buhari failed u, In this one, u crying how the declared winner might not be at the event tomorrow.... cheesy

guy choose a hustle.

Is it a crime if one is non-partisan?

1 Like

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Minjim: 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Case closed.

Apc votes cannot go to pdp.

If after counting the next candidate doesn't have the spread , the next option may be another election

3 Likes

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Officialgarri: 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Case closed.

According to the pronouncement

"the certificate of return should be issued to the candidate, who has the required spread in the election aside from David Lyon."

But let's stand akimbo and see what happens. One cannot be too sure..

2 Likes

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by sweerychick(f): 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
Officialgarri:

oh all of a sudden you guys are now non partisan? I laughed in Swahili.. do you know what's worse than hypocrisy? people like yourself.

20 Likes

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
Officialgarri:

"the certificate of return should be issued to the candidate, who has the required spread in the election aside from David Lyon."

That was same Statement in zamfara.

So the case is clear.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Officialgarri: 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
sweerychick:
oh all of a sudden you guys are now non partisan? I laughed in Swahili.. do you know what's worse than hypocrisy? people like yourself.

What do you mean by "you guys"... Have I told you I have any affiliation with the subject?
Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by TheTrueSeeker2: 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
Butter 'spread' may soon have a new meaning in Nigeria

Politicians and their non sense..
APC should go and lick their sore wounds and stop wailing...!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by sarrki(m): 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
Munzy14:

guy choose a hustle.

Did you see Buhari in this thread

How is the topic at hand changes the facts that Buhari has failed in his primary responsibility

3 Likes

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by surgical: 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
Minjim:

Apc votes cannot go to do.

If he doesn't have the spread , the next option may be another election
the spread means 25℅ in 2/3 of the local government,which the pdp already have ,out of all the local governments it is only in southern ijaw it has less than 25℅ ,6/7 is way more than 2/3

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by wetmenow: 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
Op please go and read the judgement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by sweerychick(f): 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
Officialgarri:

What do you mean by "you guys"... Have I told you I have any affiliation with the subject?
look at u, even a blind kid knows that you are an APC jagbajantist

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by slivertongue: 7:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
sarrki are u back from Maiduguri, where u went booing GMB

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by slivertongue: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
with d ruling APC votes are null and void, d party is considered not to have taken part in the election. so find spread in.the remaining votes

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Officialgarri: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2020
sweerychick:
look at u, even a blind kid knows that you are an APC jagbajantist

I never said I don't have a political party preference . The subject here is the OP whom I'm saying could be non-partisan if he wishes
Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by OzilBaba50: 7:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2020
surgical:
the spread means 25℅ in 2/3 of the local government,which the pdp already have ,out of all the local governments it is only in southern ijaw it has less than 25℅ ,6/7 is way more than 2/3

Sagbama LGA
APC — 7, 831
PDP- 60, 339

Brass LGA
APC — 23, 831
PDP- 10, 410

Nembe LGA
APC — 83, 041
PDP- 874

Ekeremor LGA
APC — 21, 489
PDP- 18, 344

Kolokuma/Opokuma LGA
APC — 8, 934
PDP- 15, 360

Ogbia LGA
APC — 58, 016
PDP- 13, 763

Southern-Ijaw LGA
APC — 124, 803
PDP- 4, 898

Yenagoa LGA
APC — 24, 607
PDP- 19, 184

If APC votes are void.......It's 8/8

Full Results For Nembe;
A – 261
AAC – 41
AD – 23
ADP -50
ANP – 06
APA – 06
APC – 83, 041
APGA – 03
APM – 00
ASD – 00
BNPP –
CAP – 05
CNP – 02
DA – 00
DPP – 02
FJP – 01
FRESH – 00
GPN –

GPN – 00
HDP – 00
KP – 00
HPP 0
KP 0
LM 61
LM – 51
LP – 06
MMN – 00
MPN 04
NCP 03
NNPP
NPC 03
NRM 01
NUP 01
PDM 02
PDP 874
PPA 00
UDP 00
SNC 27
UDP 00
UPC 22
UPN 01
UPP 13
ZLP 33
Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by OzilBaba50: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
Let me help you with a screenshot.

Wailers will wail, dem go tire grin
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by OzilBaba50: 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by OzilBaba50: 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

I never I don't have a political party preference . The subject here is the OP whom I'm saying could be non-partisan if he wishes
[/s]
Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by candygist: 7:27pm On Feb 13, 2020
sarrki:

Did you see Buhari in this thread

How is the topic at hand changes the facts that Buhari has failed in his primary responsibility

Point to one Nigerian politician that as passed in his primary responsibility. Please

1 Like

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by SarkinYarki: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
By the pronouncement of the judgement it means the APC was never in the race from the onset which means APC has zero vote which leaves PDP the winner in spread and popular vote count ....

I am a staunch PDP member but I must say from Buhari to Adeleke to Imo and now Bayelsa is proof we no longer have a judiciary that favours fairness but one that favours interest .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Rebelutionary: 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
Officialgarri:

That's the problem with folks in here! You must be Either/Or never Neither/Nor, not taking issues on a case by case basis!
Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by OzilBaba50: 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]
Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by WisdomFlakes: 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
The part of the judgement that may create problems when it comes to executing it is the 'lawful votes' clause. Did Diri's votes qualify him as the 'lawful' winner considering its lack of requisite spread? Lawyers, INEC and the parties involved may have to weigh in on this.

1 Like

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
WisdomFlakes:
The part of the judgement that may create problems when it comes to executing it is the 'lawful votes' clause. Did Diri's votes qualify him as the 'lawful' winner considering its lack of requisite spread? Lawyers, INEC and the parties involved may have to weigh in on this.
APC's votes are null and void and wont factor in the calculations.Remove APC's vote the PDP guy met the requirements.I feel for Lyon he was undeed by his deputy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by WisdomFlakes: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

APC's votes are null and void and wont factor in the calculations.Remove APC's vote the PDP guy met the requirements.I feel for Lyon he was undeed by his deputy

That's an interesting interpretation. Your point is valid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by ClassicMG(m): 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
Garfield1 come and interpret it for us oo
Re: Why Duoye Diri Can’t Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor by Sirjamo: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Case closed.
You are right. Technically, the APC had no candidate in that election thanks to a Malian who refuses to graduate!!!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: The Killing Is Too Much Igbo's In Oyigbo On The Run / Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark / Mr President, Was The 2011 Subsidy Fund Used To Finance The April Elections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.