Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City (83257 Views)

Inside The 15,000 Purpose-built Diriyah Arena Hosting Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Rui / Vera Ribeiro: "Allow Portugal Players Masturbate" - Rui Patricio's Wife To Coach / Manchester United Announce Assistant Rui Faria Will Depart Old Trafford At The E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
Football Leaks hacker Rui Pinto - the man who exposed Manchester City's breaking of Financial Fair Play rules - remains in prison awaiting a court case.

Pinto hacked his way into club emails from his Portugal home in 2015 and then passed them on to the media and sparked the investigation into City's finances.

Despite being widely praised by the football world, Pinto was arrested and sent to prison, and will face a trial for 90 different counts of hacking, sabotage and fraud.

Pinto was denied an appeal on Thursday and has been in jail since last March, while awaiting a verdict by the Lisbon Court of Appeal.

News of UEFA's decision to ban City from the Champions League for the next two seasons saw Pinto's name start trending with the hashtag #freePinto on Friday night.

Borussia Dortmund fans even held aloft a banner appealing for authorities to drop the case and allow Pinto to walk free.

Football Leaks was created back in 2015 and has exposed everything from tax fraud to clubs breaching FFP.

Pinto reportedly got hold of 70 million documents and 3.4 terabytes of information and told Der Spiegel recently that he was aware of the risks of his work.

'I was aware that anything could happen,' he said to the German newspaper. 'I knew that Portuguese authorities prosecute whistleblowers, so I had to be ready for that.

The Portuguese authorities are afraid of what I know and that's why it is important that I not lose my mind.

'In the beginning, I wrote notes related to the case in my notebook, but then it was taken from me. My lawyer was present when they searched my cell and said it was illegal to take my notes from me.

It wasn't the prison guards who did it, but the Portuguese prosecutors. They do anything they want. It was a month before they returned the notebook to me.'

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8006067/Meet-man-downed-Manchester-City-Football-Leaks-hacker-Rui-Pinto-prison.html

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
Pinto accessed 70 million documents and 3.4 terabytes of information from numerous clubs

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
Pinto (pictured) passed on the information to the media which sparked UEFA's investigation

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2020
Liverpool FC tweets support for the embattled whistle blower Rui Pinto.

9 Likes

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by bi0nics: 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2020

HD pictures of Manciteh village people.

Alas, he's just a man grin

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
#Freepinto

Fvck City & every other club breaching the rules

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by Davash222(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2020
Here a 30 year old is still seen as Leader of Tomorrow. Still unemployed, or Npower beneficiary, or BMC miscreant.

240 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by Davash222(m): 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:
#Freepinto

Fvck City & every other club breaching the rules
Freepinto, but you guys are still the ones criticising Mompha and Hushpuppi dem. Hypocrites!!

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by seunlayi(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2020
Man city are in deeper poo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2020
Davash222:

Freepinto, but you guys are still the ones criticising Mompha and Hushpuppi dem. Hypocrites!!

You must be a drunkard !
Quote any of post or criticism against Hush & the likes.
What’s my business with Hush & Co?

154 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by Davash222(m): 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

You must be a drunkard !
Quote any of post or criticism against Hush & the likes.
What’s my business with Hush & Co?
Abeg, park one side!

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by PlayerMeji: 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2020
Interesting...

This guy could have been sitting in billions in Nigeria ooo if he did same here.

Audio money sha...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by Evilgenuis: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
angry
Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by YerYer: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Please make this man FIFA president.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by mayklef(m): 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
And thats what i call lucrative cyber crime
Not all diz send me itunes card boys we hav in 9ja

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by Authoreety: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Abhgfsykj expo

bad guy...

If naija guy know half of Wetin ds guy know eh....
Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Kill the snitch

1 Like

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by posty56: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
lol those arab owners go they swear for him head
ps; i think say na only naija get village pple

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by posty56: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
lol those arab owners go they swear for him head
ps; i think say na only naija get village pple
Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by nepapole(m): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
So happy for city.... They have really worked hard.

1 Like

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by seunlayi(m): 4:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
The Killer of Manchester City dreams

3 Likes

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
Sowore can't not gather mind like this small boy undecided

Small DSS he was crying and pooping in his pant spits sad

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by seunlayi(m): 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
nepapole:
So happy for city.... They have really worked hard.
did you read the story at all?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by seunlayi(m): 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Authoreety:
Abhgfsykj expo

This is serious

3 Likes

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by Chijeep(m): 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Thank you Rui Pinto...

next season
Buhari will invite Man City 2 Nigeria 2 play friendly with Nasarawa Utd n other Zombies will hail him n call it achievement

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by Risingblue008(m): 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
As d word implies HACK
Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by chukwuibuipob: 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
sad but Man UTD nor gree leapfrog.See opportunity
Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by oloriooko(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
UEFA paid him to do it, corrupt set of eediots

2 Likes

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by recievesense: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
seunlayi:
did you read the story at all?
lol
Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by drips8(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
You've made some people very happy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Rui Pinto Who Exposed Manchester City by ikorodureporta: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
space for sale!
Bet9ja guy, this is for you

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo / Inside The N13bn Mansion Cristiano Ronaldo Will Be Staying At Manchester (Photo) / N’Golo Kante ‘Too Shy’ To Ask To Hold World Cup Trophy. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.