Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,713 members, 7,844,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

"And The Lord Repented" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "And The Lord Repented" (17944 Views)

Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? / ✴The Seven Churches = 7 Kinds Of Churches Today. Two Are Repented / When Was The Last Time You Cried And Repented Of Wrong Against Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 16, 2020
fyneboi79:
Mistake?? Is he not supposed to be an "all knowing"God? So God makes mistakes too?
He doesn't, it was the children of Israel who needed Saul as their king

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by twilliamx(m): 9:49am On Feb 16, 2020
Anytime you hear "and the Lord repented" it means the Lord changed his mind.

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by SalomonKane: 9:49am On Feb 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
In I Samuel 15:35b and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

What does it mean, and the Lord repented?
probably he regretted making Saul king.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Akpacha(m): 9:50am On Feb 16, 2020
Used for regrets, I guess!
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Neroiam(m): 9:51am On Feb 16, 2020
Robin1759:
There was a mistake in his pervious action.
Period.

So, you think God makes mistakes?

Isaiah 46:10 NIV
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.'

How can someone who knows the end form the beginning make mistakes??
Mind your words oo so you don't incur curses on yourself.

3 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by toprealman: 9:52am On Feb 16, 2020
Widall:
I also need an explanation of this. Cos he is a perfect God, why should He now repent?
He is so perfect that we mortals cannot even vomit His kind of "sin"......no matter how hard we try.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by OgaJonah(m): 9:52am On Feb 16, 2020
When?
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by fyneboi79(m): 9:53am On Feb 16, 2020
Olam09:
It means The lord regret making saul the king of Israel but we can't say the word regret because it looks absurd to God Almighty!
sugar-coat it all you like, failure to know beforehand is failure all the same.

10 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by ibinaboonline: 9:53am On Feb 16, 2020
"Repent" in that verse is the same as "changed his mind". You see, God does not change His mind or repent because He's not man, and at the same time God can change His mind. Let me explain. God made Saul king because He believed in Saul and knew His potential, but Saul underperformed, to say the least. Read all of that story and you'd see God's comments to Saul; even though you look down on yourself, have I not made you leader over Israel? So you see, Saul belittled the responsibility God placed on him and that broke God's heart so that even though He had made Saul king, God turned around 'repented' from Saul's continued dynasty.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by WarriAproko: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2020
How ona take know say he repent. Bible n.a. man made. Man nai write bible.

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by twilliamx(m): 9:56am On Feb 16, 2020
Neroiam:

So, you think God makes mistakes?

Isaiah 46:10 NIV
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.'

How can someone who knows the end form the beginning make mistakes??
Mind your words oo so you don't incur curses on yourself.

God doesn't make mistake, but you as a man can refuse to go according to God's plan, then God regrets. And the only reason being that God made everyone a free spirit, so you can take decisions on your own. This is what lead to God saying to Saul that obedience is better than sacrifice. He disobeyed God's command and God regretted making him king.

Even God's plan had to be rewritten when Abraham met with Haggai. Ismael was never in God's place. Once you go against God's plan, chaos happens

4 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 9:57am On Feb 16, 2020
SalomonKane:
probably he regretted making Saul king.
But in 1 Samuel 15:29 it says the Lord does not repent

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by SalomonKane: 9:58am On Feb 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
But in 1 Samuel 15:29 it says the Lord does not repent

I've often heard Christians say the Bible is one big book of metaphor so I wouldn't know.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Ayemileto(m): 9:59am On Feb 16, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:
Cherubim and SERAPHIM will never be allowed into Mountain of Fire for fellowship..

Rccg will never miss road enter deeper life

CCC will never seek asylum in Winners Chapel

The religion with no love for fellow Christians and zero tolerance for non Christians, is that one not a SCAM?

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF HATRED CALLED CHRISTENDOM

Baba Stop lying.

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by fyneboi79(m): 9:59am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
He doesn't, it was the children of Israel who needed Saul as their king
So God endorses mistakes even though he knows the outcome will be regrettable and detrimental to his reputation as an all knowing Spirit being God!? Human will over Gods will?

4 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by efixxxy: 9:59am On Feb 16, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:
Cherubim and SERAPHIM will never be allowed into Mountain of Fire for fellowship..

The religion with no love for fellow Christians and zero tolerance for non Christians, is that one not a SCAM?

You are a liar

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by DEHVEHLOP(m): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
yes you can associate such word to him because it was the people of Israel that cried they needed Saul as their king, it wasn't God's choice but he told Samuel go annoint him for them

It's funny that someone who calls pmb his beloved accuses others of not having a brain

Why do I have to argue with a person who says he does not want to go with wise people?

A non Muslim, precisely a Christian, describes Prophet Muhammad (SAW) AS THE GREATEST MAN EVER LIVED!

A BUFFOON WHOSE BRAIN HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY WILL NOW BE QUOTING MY COMMENT BRAINLESSLY, AND HE EXPECTS ME TO BE ANNOYED?

gringringringringringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by twilliamx(m): 10:02am On Feb 16, 2020
Ayemileto:

Baba Stop lying.

Why bother. Let me stand afar and say rubbish. Like shites and sunnies love each other

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Openbusiness: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
Regretted is the meaning

And if you check further than that verse you would understand it was justified.

Btw, it was the children of Israel that lamented they needed a king to be like other nations too.

God already had his plan for them but since they couldn't wait he sent Samuel to annoint their choice for them so it wasn't his own choice he regretted on
God doesn't regret, how can God regret anything when as God he has power to change anything and do anything? Smh!

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by YoungHunter: 10:03am On Feb 16, 2020
It's logical...

Meaning he reflected and changed course..
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Openbusiness: 10:04am On Feb 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
In I Samuel 15:35b and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

What does it mean, and the Lord repented?
The Lord repented simply means, THE LORD CHANGED HIS MIND!
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by cardoctor(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2020
The title should be "And Buhari repented".

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Firebomber: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
grin

OP it's not what you think? grin

I read this guys above and I wonder if their God is all knowing!

A God that has absolute control and knowledge of the future needs not repent!

God should be above regrets!

Smile, no wonder your all knowing Allaah waited for 500 years before he sent his own plaigarism quran through his gigolo fake prophet.

Why will a god be this useless to wait for 500 years before he can correct the confusion he created.

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by fyneboi79(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
grin

OP it's not what you think? grin

I read this guys above and I wonder if their God is all knowing!

A God that has absolute control and knowledge of the future needs not repent!

God should be above regrets!
Christianity is the most illogical set of thoughts imposed on fools through fear.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by ignis: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2020
When? How? Where?
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:

Why do I have to argue with a person who says he does not want to go with wise people?

A non Muslim, precisely a Christian, describes Prophet Muhammad (SAW) AS THE GREATEST MAN EVER LIVED!

A BUFFOON WHOSE BRAIN HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY WILL NOW BE QUOTING MY COMMENT BRAINLESSLY, AND HE EXPECTS ME TO BE ANNOYED?

gringringringringringringringringringringringrin
so since when has the personal opinion of anybody got to do with justification.

Is that how bad you needed to quench your insecurities that you run seeking for the justification of a supposed Christian's personal opinion out of the billions around.

I can see why you running like a headless chicken on all Christian topics.

This is a Christian thread and I can correct any insecured wannabe, that shouldn't make you feel relevant.

We see what wisdom has done to the most improvised region in the country

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by SoulB6: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2020
Chritains please take your time to reason.

3 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2020
Openbusiness:

Number 23:19 GOD DOES NOT CHANGE HIS MIND

3 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Firebomber: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:

Smile. You guys are just to dumb to reason why?

Well I guess your imam told you all this trash. Well maybe you should tell your dumb imam to visit a church today and see a C&S fellowship with MFM.

Did I need to remind this idiot that Shia and Sunni are busy killing each other in the name of religion of people.

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Uyi168: 10:10am On Feb 16, 2020
Openbusiness:

Was he not supposed to know the outcome of making saul king..
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by ibinaboonline: 10:10am On Feb 16, 2020
Let me explain how God might 'repent' or do something differently than He had hoped. Because you see, that's what it means that God repented: to feel differently than He had before. In the Bible, God said that if He set out to punish a sinner because of their sins and that sinner turns from their sinful ways and acts righteously, God said He'll change His mind 'repent' about punishing that sinner anymore. To repent is to change and even though God Himself does not change, He could change His decisions especially when dealing with men because men are not constant like Him. Do you understand now?
Widall:
I also need an explanation of this. Cos he is a perfect God, why should He now repent?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected / Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa / Man Claims Using Make-ups Will Lead Ladies To Hell - Twitter Users React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.