Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? (818 Views)

How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? / Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US / How Much Are Air Hostesses Or Flight Attendants Paid In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? by engrzico(m): 10:49am On Feb 16, 2020
What is Locum Tenens?

The definition of locum tenens, roughly translated from Latin, means “to hold a place.” Locum tenens physicians fill in for other physicians on a temporary basis for a range of a few days to up to six months or more. When a healthcare employer faces temporary staffing shortages due to vacancies, illness, or other causes, they hire locum tenens physicians and other part-time clinicians to fill those vacancies.

https://www.staffcare.com/why-locum-tenens/what-is-locum-tenens/?mobile=0

Locum tenens pay rates are very competitive with salaries for permanent physician jobs—and often higher, due to their temporary nature and the high demand for covering vacancies.

But I observed that the reverse is the case here in Nigeria, as Thier pay is poor especially the nurses as they are not pensionable but taxable, they carry out all duties as any other staff but are not entitled to the benefits including hazard allowance, they will put in all Thier energy and time to the job but are not entitled to annual leave.

I believe this is the reason why we have mass exodus of our medical practitioners especially the very young as the hospital's are not recruiting rather placing them on Locum.
Re: Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hello transe can we talk on this dead thread, i have an issue to discuss with you
Re: Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? by transe(m): 7:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
NetlaBlog:
Hello transe can we talk on this dead thread, i have an issue to discuss with you

Okay, Sir.
Re: Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
transe:

Okay, Sir.

Reach me on whatsapp please 07039261223
Re: Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? by transe(m): 9:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
NetlaBlog:

Reach me on whatsapp please 07039261223

Done, Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise / Whats The Difference Btw Mtn's Blackberry And Glo's? / For Women.( Got A New Job, Check This Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.