Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed (1845 Views)

Dunamis Pastor’s Wife Bans Members From Hugging, Pecking In Church / Bad Deal Exposes Nigeria’s Fake Miracle Syndicate / Fake Miracle Detection Manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by adconline(m): 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2007
Kenya 'miracle baby' wife jailed
The wife of Kenyan pastor Gilbert Deya accused of child trafficking has been sentenced to two years in jail by a Nairobi court for stealing a child.
Mary Deya claimed that one of her two accomplices had given birth to the child, but the court proved the woman was not the biological mother.

"The actions and claims of miraculous birth deserve no mercy," Magistrate Teresia Ngugi said.

Kenya has requested the extradition of UK-based evangelist Mr Deya.

No amount of the sentence can undo the damage done to the life of the child
Magistrate Teresia Ngugi

He runs a number of churches in UK cities and says he aids infertile couples by prayer.

Kenyan police allege the Gilbert Deya Ministries is an international baby-snatching ring, allegations Mr Deya denies.

Some children were taken into care in Kenya when DNA tests showed they were not related to women claiming to be their mothers.

"No amount of the sentence can undo the damage done to the life of the child who may never know who his biological parents are," said Ms Ngugi is quoted by Kenya's Daily Nation as saying on Wednesday.

Mrs Deya's co-accused - Miriam Nyeko and Rose Kiserem - were also jailed for two years.

The women claimed that Ms Nyeko, who is a British citizen, had given birth to the baby boy.

She was sentenced to another one year in prison - to run concurrently - for obtaining a false birth certificate.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/africa/6707107.stm

Published: 2007/05/31 09:09:51 GMT
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by stimulus(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2007
adconline:

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/africa/6707107.stm

Published: 2007/05/31 09:09:51 GMT

Actually, that story is recycled - it's old. Follow the links of the same controversial reports that have their dates yet unchanged at the moment before the BBC "updates" it again!

Kenyan 'miracle baby' pastor held - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6176863.stm
|| Last Updated: Wednesday, 13 December 2006, 15:37 GMT

Miracle baby mother 'stole child' -- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4244802.stm
|| Last Updated: Wednesday, 14 September 2005, 10:05 GMT

These oyibo people sef. . na so them dey deceive everybody with their recycled news!
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by mrmayor(m): 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2007
@Stimulus,

Your agro is that the news is recycled!Not that his church members all shouted Praise the Lord when those fake miracles were announced,how many more fake miracles did the pastor perform?
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by stimulus(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2007
@mrmayor,

Actually, I wasn't that interested in the reaction of Deya's Church members - or that of his pastors who sought to defend his otiose 'miracles'. The issue was that the BBC was playing mind games by bringing the report again and updating it to make it look and sound as if it was something fresh. Have people noticed that the BBC does this often? grin

Look again: The report link posted by adconline said: Published: 2007/05/31 09:09:51 GMT to make it sound as if it was something new!

Follow the links I posted and see the games that the BBC was playing! grin

In other threads, I've registered my disavowal against suspicious dramatists on the pulpit. And that was why I didn't bother so much about Deya - we know him here in the UK. cheesy
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by mrmayor(m): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2007
@stimulus,

I heard of this story first time on Channel4 news and never actually followed what happened later,is the BBC playing games I don't know,maybe there has been new developments  about this case.No offence was meant on my part.

Cheers
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by stimulus(m): 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2007
@mrmayor,

I didn't think you meant any offences. cheesy

The thing is that it is recycled news - and they've done it again and again since 2005! If you follow the links for the 3 years (200[b]5[/b], 200[b]6[/b], 200[b]7[/b]) the news have been so-called "updated", you will find just one thing: it's retold in new vocab! The pictures remain the same, the circumctances and gist of the news are the same; there hasn't been any tangible "update"! The BBC has done this with a number of news items in the religious and African news sections - and not many people have noticed.

Wait until 2008, and I bet you, the BBC will definitely recycle the same news - of course, in dressed up journalistic jargon.
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by KAG: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2007
stimulus:

@mrmayor,

I didn't think you meant any offences. cheesy

The thing is that it is recycled news - and they've done it again and again since 2005! If you follow the links for the 3 years (200[b]5[/b], 200[b]6[/b], 200[b]7[/b]) the news have been so-called "updated", you will find just one thing: it's retold in new vocab! The pictures remain the same, the circumctances and gist of the news are the same; there hasn't been any tangible "update"! The BBC has done this with a number of news items in the religious and African news sections - and not many people have noticed.

Wait until 2008, and I bet you, the BBC will definitely recycle the same news - of course, in dressed up journalistic jargon.

The news articles are different: each new one contains an update. Read the three of them.
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by Enigma(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2007
The news is not 'recycled' at all.

The older news stories reflect the initial breaking of the story altogether about two years ago while the recent news reports the jailing of the wife recently after trial. The recent news is thus a follow-up of the initial story.
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by stimulus(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2007
@KAG,

I have. The BBC is fond of doing this. The news report is made to sound like there's an update, but there really is none.
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by Enigma(m): 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2007
But , Stimulus, you are wrong on this one.
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by stimulus(m): 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2007
@Enigma,

I may be wrong. But when I can find the link on other websites on the actual reports, I'll post them. I do apologise about my assertions; and if I can't find those links, I tender my apologies again. cheesy
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by sisimose(f): 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2007
whatever , recycled, re made whatever . I also heard this news two years ago and that is not the point stimulus, learn to accept that not all who scream hallelu hallelu are real children of God. basically his followers have been had in other words Mugu-ed.  

Don't try and divert the real issue
back to topic pls
, the man was, and is a big fake, I said he was fake myself years back and my aunt nearly slapped me, i bet she thought i was demon possessed. But it is good to open your eyes. Fakes are all around you. Anyone with half a brain could see that man was a fraud. A man claiming to heal people of sickness, yet his own face was riddled with boils on live tV
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by stimulus(m): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2007
@sisimose,

whatever , recycled, re made whatever . I also heard this news two years ago and that is not the point stimulus, learn to accept that not all who scream hallelu hallelu are real children of God. basically his followers have been had in other words Mugu-ed.

I think I've made my point clear on this, and in now way am I trying to praise this issue. Please go back and read my earlier replies and see what I said earlier:

"In other threads, I've registered my disavowal against suspicious dramatists on
the pulpit. And that was why I didn't bother so much about Deya - we know him here in
     the UK."

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-56900.0.html#msg1164200

Don't try and divert the real issue

I wasn't trying to divert the real issue; only posted what was of concern to me.

the man was, and is a big fake, I said he was fake myself years back and my aunt nearly slapped me, i bet she thought i was demon possessed. But it is good to open your eyes. Fakes are all around you. Anyone with half a brain could see that man was a fraud.

I had my suspicions as well; so you should understand I wasn't trying to deflect on the issue.

A man claiming to heal people of sickness, yet his own face was riddled with boils on live tV

I don't think that anyone could be discredited this way. There are a couple of MOGs who heal people but have ailments themselves. Paul Yonggi Cho healed blind people, but he himself was wearing glasses as well during his healing services.
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by sisimose(f): 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2007
Fine not a problem, so we can all leave out the recycled news bit and face real issue, thanks. thanks for clearing it up. sorry i don't have time to dig up your past post but i will take your word for it. thanks.

I don't think that anyone could be discredited this way. There are a couple of MOGs who heal people but have ailments themselves. Paul Yonggi Cho healed blind people, but he himself was wearing glasses as well during his healing services
thanks for this piece of info , but i must say i am sure some of them did not forget to mention GOD when they claimed to be healing people, which Gilbert Deya seemed to do so often( forget to give God the glory) wink

I actually phoned and wrote to register my disappointment at  Revelation TV once( only because it is the only channel i can bear all other christian channels are full of properity preaching wolves) when i saw this man on telly, his Gospel was so polluted i had to fast for two days to cleanse myself, just for allowing my ears hear his lies.

Anyways back to thread.  wink
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by stimulus(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2007
KAG, Enigma, mrmayor, and all:

I sincerely apologise - I was dead WRONG!! I offer no excuses, even though I was looking at another storyline on religion by the BBC, which in my opinion was recycled as an update.

Again, I sincerely apologise for the mix up.

@mrmayor, special thanks for calling my attention to that! Well appreciated!  wink
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by sisimose(f): 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2007
that's big of you stimulus smiley
Re: Fake Miracle Baby Pastor's Wife Jailed by stimulus(m): 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2007
Lol @sisimose,

Humility is something I ever strive for - even when I'm hugely mistaken! I really appreciate the grace you all have displayed; and huge thanks to you as well.  cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Haters Of The Christian God / Does This Make Me An Unbeliever? / Why Do Some Christians Reject Gospel Hip Hop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.