Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,889 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Verse Flow Discrepancy In Zechariah Chapter 4 (Good News Bible) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Verse Flow Discrepancy In Zechariah Chapter 4 (Good News Bible) (513 Views)

Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) / The Flying Scroll Of Zechariah / Amazing. Zechariah Chapter 8 Is About To Be Fulfilled About Jerusalem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Verse Flow Discrepancy In Zechariah Chapter 4 (Good News Bible) by Obinoscopy(m): 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hi,

I noticed that there was a numbering discrepancy in Zechariah Chapter 4 in the Good News Bible. Specifically, I noticed that after verse 5 it goes straight to verse 10b. Then after verse 14 it goes back to verse 6.

I also noticed that this discrepancy is not in other Bible versions. However I noticed that message in Chapter 4 seemed more easier to understand in the Good News Bible than other versions due to this rearrangement of the verses.

Can anyone explain the reason for the arrangement? And the reason why other Bible versions chose not to rearrange?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Verse Flow Discrepancy In Zechariah Chapter 4 (Good News Bible) by ElectroLyte: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
Obinoscopy:
Hi,

I noticed that there was a numbering discrepancy in Zechariah Chapter 4 in the Good News Bible. Specifically, I noticed that after verse 5 it goes straight to verse 10b. Then after verse 14 it goes back to verse 6.

I also noticed that this discrepancy is not in other Bible versions. However I noticed that message in Chapter 4 seemed more easier to understand in the Good News Bible than other versions due to this rearrangement of the verses.

Can anyone explain the reason for the arrangement? And the reason why other Bible versions chose not to rearrange?

One need to check the transcript to confirm of there is rearrangement of verses
Re: Verse Flow Discrepancy In Zechariah Chapter 4 (Good News Bible) by petra1(m): 8:51am On Apr 13, 2020
Obinoscopy:
Hi,

I think they tried to rearrange to summerize and make General sense of the contex
Re: Verse Flow Discrepancy In Zechariah Chapter 4 (Good News Bible) by Obinoscopy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
petra1:

I think they tried to rearrange to summerize and make General sense of the contex
Yeah I think so too. Its very confusing if you read that chapter with King James Bible or other Bible.

(1) (Reply)

Religious Fanatics; How Could You Have Handled Corona Virus In The Medieval Age? / Is Hellfire Real / Make Proper Use Of The Talents And Skills In IPOB Youths - Odumeje Advices FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.