Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,968 members, 7,852,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:53 PM

Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews (837 Views)

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring / I Killed This Bat The Enemy Sent To My House At Night / Reno Omokri At The The Manga Where Jesus Was Born In Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
This thread is in response to a thread by a Muslim Nairalander that claimed that Jesus was sent to save only Jews:

https://www.nairaland.com/643594/did-god-sent-whole-world#86702865

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.
Mark 16:15

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

Salvation comes through the Jews, Jesus was Jew by birth.

The Jews are God's favoured, because of the promises God made to Abraham that through his descendants, the whole world will be blessed:

"And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.”

Genesis 22:18

"You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews."
John 4:22

Even the Quran acknowledges the fact that the Jews are blessed and preferred by God.

يٰبَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتِىَ الَّتِىٓ أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّى فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعٰلَمِينَ
"O Children of Israel, remember My favor that I have bestowed upon you and that I preferred you over the worlds."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 47)

This was repeated in Sura 2:122 just like my friend, Antichristian would say, the repetition was for emphasis grin

Allah re emphasized it again in 45:16

وَلَقَدْ ءَاتَيْنَا بَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ الْكِتٰبَ وَالْحُكْمَ وَالنُّبُوَّةَ وَرَزَقْنٰهُمْ مِّنَ الطَّيِّبٰتِ وَفَضَّلْنٰهُمْ عَلَى الْعٰلَمِينَ
"And We did certainly give the Children of Israel the Scripture and judgement and prophethood, and We provided them with good things and preferred them over the worlds."
(QS. Al-Jaathiya 45: Verse 16)

So because of this, salvation that Jesus brought was to the whole world, but the favoured Israel has to be saved first so that they can then save the whole world by preaching the good news of Christ's life, death, resurrection and teachings to the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
Good one
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by sonmvayina(m): 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
Saved the world from what?.. His father's wrath?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by AntiChristian: 6:23am On Feb 17, 2020
advocatejare:
This thread is in response to a thread by a Muslim Nairalander that claimed that Jesus was sent to save only Jews:

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

The Jews are God's favoured, because of the promises God made to Abraham that through his descendants, the whole world will be blessed:

"And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.”

"You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews."

Even the Quran acknowledges the fact that the Jews are blessed and preferred by God.

يٰبَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتِىَ الَّتِىٓ أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّى فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعٰلَمِينَ
"O Children of Israel, remember My favor that I have bestowed upon you and that I preferred you over the worlds."

This was repeated in Sura 2:122 just like my friend, Antichristian would say, the repetition was for emphasis grin

وَلَقَدْ ءَاتَيْنَا بَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ الْكِتٰبَ وَالْحُكْمَ وَالنُّبُوَّةَ وَرَزَقْنٰهُمْ مِّنَ الطَّيِّبٰتِ وَفَضَّلْنٰهُمْ عَلَى الْعٰلَمِينَ
"And We did certainly give the Children of Israel the Scripture and judgement and prophethood, and We provided them with good things and preferred them over the worlds."

So because of this, salvation that Jesus brought was to the whole world, but the favoured Israel has to be saved first so that they can then save the whole world by preaching the good news of Christ's life, death, resurrection and teachings to the whole world.

Truly Israel has been saved by Jesus and now they are saving the whole world!
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 17, 2020
It's not far fetched, God made a promise to Abraham that through his descendants the whole earth will be blessed (saved from sin)
Abraham has a son in his oldage "Ishmael" so he thought God's promises will come to fulfilment through this child, but God told him that the promised child will be born by his legally married wife "Sarah". Genesis 17:15-21
The lineage of Abraham~Isaac~Jacob was traced down to Jesus of Nazareth! Matthew 1:1-16
God continued to prove his loyalty to the descendants of Abraham all through until Jesus was born, so that there has never been a record of any prophet from any other race but Israel.
So the evidence of Salvation coming from the Jews is indisputable! John 4:22
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by AntiChristian: 8:54am On Feb 17, 2020
advocatejare:

Where is your proof that the writer of that post was a Muslim? Anyone who tries to talk about Bible vs Qu'ran is now a Muslim or what criteria deems someone a Muslim?

advocatejare:

At the end of the gospel story, Jesus has risen and is giving the disciples their final instructions.

Make disciples of all the nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

This is the familiar Great Commission, and it’s a lot more generous than what has been called the lesser commission that appears earlier in the same gospel:

These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions:

“ Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel." (Matthew 10:5–6)

This was not a universal message. We see it again in his encounter with the Canaanite woman:

[Jesus rejected her plea to heal her daughter, saying] “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
He replied, “ It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”(Matthew 15:24–6)

You might say that a ministry with limited resources had to prioritize, but that doesn’t apply here. Don’t forget that Jesus was omnipotent.
Going back to the Old Testament, we don’t find an all-inclusive message there, either. The Israelites were God’s “Chosen People,” and God had harsh things to say about neighboring tribes.

No Ammonite or Moabite or any of their descendants may enter the assembly of Jehovah, not even in the tenth generation (Deuteronomy 23:3).

God also forbids intermarriage with these foreign tribes (Deut. 7:3; Ezra 9:2, 10:10; Nehemiah 13).

Let’s revisit the fact that Matthew is contradictory when it says both “Make disciples of all nations” and “Do not go among the Gentiles [but only] to the lost sheep of Israel."

There are no early papyrus copies of Matthew 28 (the “Make disciples of all nations” chapter), and the earliest copies of this chapter are in the codices copied in the mid-300s. That’s almost three centuries of silence from original to our best copies, a lot of opportunity for the Great Commission to get “improved” by copyists. I’m not saying it was, of course; I’m simply offering one explanation for why the gospel in Matthew has Jesus change so fundamental a tenet as who he came to save.

advocatejare:

Technically you are right! Abraham was a Jew and he had two sons Ishmael and Isaac.
So biologically, Muhammad, an Arab, is a descendant of Abraham a Jew from Isma'eel.

So are Israelites majorly Christians now?
Are Israelites propagating Jesus now?
Don't you think the Arabs are the modern day Israelites carrying out the will of Allah?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 10:17am On Feb 17, 2020
AntiChristian:

Where is your proof that the writer of that post was a Muslim? Anyone who tries to talk about Bible vs Qu'ran is now a Muslim or what criteria deems someone a Muslim?

At the end of the gospel story, Jesus has risen and is giving the disciples their final instructions.

Make disciples of all the nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

This is the familiar Great Commission, and it’s a lot more generous than what has been called the lesser commission that appears earlier in the same gospel:

“ Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel." (Matthew 10:5–6)

This was not a universal message. We see it again in his encounter with the Canaanite woman:

[Jesus rejected her plea to heal her daughter, saying] “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
He replied, “ It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”(Matthew 15:24–6)

You might say that a ministry with limited resources had to prioritize, but that doesn’t apply here. Don’t forget that Jesus was omnipotent.
Going back to the Old Testament, we don’t find an all-inclusive message there, either. The Israelites were God’s “Chosen People,” and God had harsh things to say about neighboring tribes.

No Ammonite or Moabite or any of their descendants may enter the assembly of Jehovah, not even in the tenth generation (Deuteronomy 23:3).

God also forbids intermarriage with these foreign tribes (Deut. 7:3; Ezra 9:2, 10:10; Nehemiah 13).

Let’s revisit the fact that Matthew is contradictory when it says both “Make disciples of all nations” and “Do not go among the Gentiles [but only] to the lost sheep of Israel."

There are no early papyrus copies of Matthew 28 (the “Make disciples of all nations” chapter), and the earliest copies of this chapter are in the codices copied in the mid-300s. That’s almost three centuries of silence from original to our best copies, a lot of opportunity for the Great Commission to get “improved” by copyists. I’m not saying it was, of course; I’m simply offering one explanation for why the gospel in Matthew has Jesus change so fundamental a tenet as who he came to save.

Technically you are right! Abraham was a Jew and he had two sons Ishmael and Isaac.
So biologically, Muhammad, an Arab, is a descendant of Abraham a Jew from Isma'eel.

Don't you think the Arabs are the modern day Israelites carrying out the will of Allah?
God was very clear to Abraham that the covenant He made with Abraham will be confirmed with Isaac and not Ishmael, and Isaac is the ancestors of Israel and not of Arabs. Ishmael is the ancestor of Arabs, hence the promise that all the nations of the world would be blessed through Abraham was meant for Isaac and his descendants.

"But my covenant will be confirmed with Isaac, who will be born to you and Sarah about this time next year.”
Genesis 17:21

The promise for Ishmael and his descendants(Arabs including Muhammad) was that they will be in open hostilities against all his relatives

"This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey! He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him. Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives.”
Genesis 16:12

And that is evident today, the Arabs and everything that came from them have been chaos and hostilities. Nothing about salvation, it's all chaos and chaos.

Jesus is the lamb of God who took away the sins of the world.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Jesus said it, that he came to die for the sin of the whole world.

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus commanded his disciples to preach to everyone one. Mark 16:15

And we saw how Peter preached to Cornelius, a gentile. Acts 10:34-43

Acts 10:42-43
"And he ordered us to preach everywhere and to testify that Jesus is the one appointed by God to be the judge of all—the living and the dead.

He is the one all the prophets testified about, saying that everyone who believes in him will have their sins forgiven through his name.”
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Ifidon25: 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
When we die we will find out the truth about life... Jesus saves.. what's your hope of enternal salvation ..
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by AntiChristian: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
advocatejare:

God was very clear to Abraham that the covenant He made with Abraham will be confirmed with Isaac and not Ishmael, and Isaac is the ancestors of Israel and not of Arabs. Ishmael is the ancestor of Arabs, hence the promise that all the nations of the world would be blessed through Abraham was meant for Isaac and his descendants.

"But my covenant will be confirmed with Isaac, who will be born to you and Sarah about this time next year.”
Genesis 17:21

The promise for Ishmael and his descendants(Arabs including Muhammad) was that they will be in open hostilities against all his relatives

"This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey! He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him. Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives.”
Genesis 16:12

And that is evident today, the Arabs and everything that came from them have been chaos and hostilities. Nothing about salvation, it's all chaos and chaos.

This confirms that Jehovah is not a fair God. Why will he endorse the fertilization but reject the product? or can we say your God is a racist or he shows favoritsm?

Psalm 25:8 says your God is fair and Just.

Deuteronomy 10:17
“For the LORD your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, the mighty and awesome God, who shows no partiality and cannot be bribed.

Romans 2:11 For God does not show favoritism.

Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. Acts 10: 34-35

But as usual all na contradictions!

advocatejare:

Jesus is the lamb of God who took away the sins of the world.

Lamb ko sheep ni! Which lamb? is he the brother to the lamb sent to replace Abraham's son?

advocatejare:

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Jesus said it, that he came to die for the sin of the whole world.

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Jesus commanded his disciples to preach to everyone one. Mark 16:15

And we saw how Peter preached to Cornelius, a gentile. Acts 10:34-43

Acts 10:42-43
"And he ordered us to preach everywhere and to testify that Jesus is the one appointed by God to be the judge of all—the living and the dead.

He is the one all the prophets testified about, saying that everyone who believes in him will have their sins forgiven through his name.”

how many gentiles did Jesus preached to himself?

Gentiles are dogs while the lost sheep of Israel are the children!
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
AntiChristian:

This confirms that Jehovah is not a fair God. Why will he endorse the fertilization but reject the product? or can we say your God is a racist or he shows favoritsm?
You can ask Allah the same question, ask Allah why he would prefer Israel to the whole world, why he would show them more favour than the others and why he didn't mention in his Quran that he favours children of Ishmael above others.

The same Allah said he was never been unjust, yet he preferred the children of Israel over the rest of the world, why did he do that

ذِكْرٰى وَمَا كُنَّا ظٰلِمِينَ
"As a reminder; and never have We been unjust."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 209)

This was repeated in Sura 2:122

As far as God Almighty is concerned, if you're not his child, one that does his will, one that serves and references him, you're a dog.

Dog because even though dog is man's closest friend, dog lives with man but dog can't enjoy the benefits children of the house owner will enjoy.

The children would eat good foods worthy of humans but dogs will eat food meant for dogs or left overs of the food eaten by the children or the crumbs that fall off from the table.

Even your Quran likens an unbeliever to a dog

وَلَوْ شِئْنَا لَرَفَعْنٰهُ بِهَا وَلٰكِنَّهُۥٓ أَخْلَدَ إِلَى الْأَرْضِ وَاتَّبَعَ هَوٰىهُ  ۚ فَمَثَلُهُۥ كَمَثَلِ الْكَلْبِ إِنْ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْهِ يَلْهَثْ أَوْ تَتْرُكْهُ يَلْهَث  ۚ ذّٰلِكَ مَثَلُ الْقَوْمِ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِئَايٰتِنَا  ۚ فَاقْصُصِ الْقَصَصَ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
"And if We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 176)

But the only true God, had a solution for the whole world, to promote all non Jews from the status of dogs to children by believing in Jesus Christ whom the Quran affirms was conceived when Allah blew his spirit into the vagina of Mary, the same Jesus that the Quran says is faultless and pure. The same Jesus that the Quran says is supported by the Holy Spirit. The same Jesus that the Quran says is distinguished in this world and in the Hereafter, the same Jesus like no other

John 1:12
But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by AntiChristian: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
advocatejare:

You can ask Allah the same question, ask Allah why he would prefer Israel to the whole world, why he would show them more favour than the others and why he didn't mention in his Quran that he favours children of Ishmael above others.

The same Allah said he was never been unjust, yet he preferred the children of Israel over the rest of the world, why did he do that

ذِكْرٰى وَمَا كُنَّا ظٰلِمِينَ
"As a reminder; and never have We been unjust."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 209)

This was repeated in Sura 2:122

Allah was never unjust. The sons of Abraham were both Prophets in the Qur'an. In your Bible one was favoured while the other was rejected without any tangible reason!

Allah preferred Israel to other nations but that does not mean other nations do not have messengers! Allah blesses people with wealth it doesn't matter whether you are a sinner or a believer!

advocatejare:

As far as God Almighty is concerned, if you're not his child, one that does his will, one that serves and references him, you're a dog.

Dog because even though dog is man's closest friend, dog lives with man but dog can't enjoy the benefits children of the house owner will enjoy.

The children would eat good foods worthy of humans but dogs will eat food meant for dogs or left overs of the food eaten by the children or the crumbs that fall off from the table.

Even your Quran likens an unbeliever to a dog

وَلَوْ شِئْنَا لَرَفَعْنٰهُ بِهَا وَلٰكِنَّهُۥٓ أَخْلَدَ إِلَى الْأَرْضِ وَاتَّبَعَ هَوٰىهُ  ۚ فَمَثَلُهُۥ كَمَثَلِ الْكَلْبِ إِنْ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْهِ يَلْهَثْ أَوْ تَتْرُكْهُ يَلْهَث  ۚ ذّٰلِكَ مَثَلُ الْقَوْمِ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِئَايٰتِنَا  ۚ فَاقْصُصِ الْقَصَصَ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
"And if We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 176)

But the only true God, had a solution for the whole world, to promote all non Jews from the status of dogs to children by believing in Jesus Christ whom the Quran affirms was conceived when Allah blew his spirit into the vagina of Mary, the same Jesus that the Quran says is faultless and pure. The same Jesus that the Quran says is supported by the Holy Spirit. The same Jesus that the Quran says is distinguished in this world and in the Hereafter, the same Jesus like no other

John 1:12
But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.

Merry go round!

Why did your God favour Isaac over Ishmael?

Can your Dad do like this?

Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel." (Matthew 10:5–6)

Jesus was sent to Israel but Israel is no more a Christian state. Does that mean Jesus failed?
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
AntiChristian:

Allah was never unjust. The sons of Abraham were both Prophets in the Qur'an. In your Bible one was favoured while the other was rejected without any tangible reason!

Allah preferred Israel to other nations...

You said it all, you've reaffirmed it that Allah preferred Israel to other nations, meaning Allah showed favouritism to Israel but you failed to tell us the tangible reason!

What tangible reason made Allah not to prefer Ishmael to other nations? Why did Allah prefer Israel? why Israel?

What tangible reason made Allah to prefer Israel to other nations?
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Dec 17, 2022
advocatejare:
Jesus Christ was instead sent to only save the Israelites, not just the Jews. God Himself decreed this through His prophets including Isaiah - Isaiah 66. Jesus Christ repeated this when He emphatically stated that He was sent by His Father to only the lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 24 - , which includes all those who were cursed and scattered to all the corners of the earth by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6 undecided
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 9:35am On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ was instead sent to only save the Israelites, not just the Jews. God Himself decreed this through His prophets including Isaiah - Isaiah 66. Jesus Christ repeated this when He emphatically stated that He was sent by His Father to only the lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 24 - , which includes all those who were cursed and scattered to all the corners of the earth by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6 undecided
You’ve proven yourself to be a liar, the last time you were exposed you ran away.

I don’t take you seriously anymore,

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2022
advocatejare:

You’ve proven yourself to be a liar, the last time you were exposed you ran away.

I don’t take you seriously anymore,
Again, Jesus Christ was instead sent to only save the Israelites, not just the Jews. God Himself decreed this through His prophets including Isaiah - Isaiah 66. Jesus Christ repeated this when He emphatically stated that He was sent by His Father to only the lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 24 - , which includes all those who were cursed and scattered to all the corners of the earth by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6 undecided
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, Jesus Christ was instead sent to only save the Israelites, not just the Jews. God Himself decreed this through His prophets including Isaiah - Isaiah 66. Jesus Christ repeated this when He emphatically stated that He was sent by His Father to only the lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 24 - , which includes all those who were cursed and scattered to all the corners of the earth by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6 undecided
Again, I won’t take you seriously because you’re a liar like Satan your father

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie
Let me remind you of your lies and folly, you disagreed with the scriptures where Satan claimed that he has been handed the rulership of this world but when I gave you the scriptural reference you ran away cos your lies were exposed

You misquoted the scriptures where God said that women will Labour in pains to mean that men can’t give birth to “holy babies”

You’re a liar, demons live in you, it’s better you go for deliverance!

https://www.nairaland.com/7457304/satan-able-make-some-women/1#118793851

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2022
Antichristian so it’s been long since I’ve been teaching you sense? grin
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2022
advocatejare:
Kobojunkie
Let me remind you of your lies and folly, you disagreed with the scriptures where Satan claimed that he has been handed the rulership of this world but when I gave you the scriptural reference you ran away cos your lies were exposed

You misquoted the scriptures where God said that women will Labour in pains to mean that men can’t give birth to “holy babies”

You’re a liar, demons live in you, it’s better you go for deliverance!
https://www.nairaland.com/7457304/satan-able-make-some-women/1#118793851
Your ignorance as revealed by your claim is only proof of itself. Scripture has it that Satan is the father of lies ,so it follows that only an ignorant individual would insist instead that the words of the father of lies amount to God's own Truth. And that is what you proved in that there discussion. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ never makes mention of Satan in the context that is John 12 vs 27 - 36, so I don't understand why you would assume that Jesus Christ referred to Satan as the ruler of this world when scripture does not corroborate such a claim. undecided

As for this one here, again,Jesus Christ was instead sent to only save the Israelites, not just the Jews. God Himself decreed this through His prophets including Isaiah - Isaiah 66. Jesus Christ repeated this when He emphatically stated that He was sent by His Father to only the lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 24 - , which includes all those who were cursed and scattered to all the corners of the earth by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6 undecided
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your ignorance as revealed by your claim is only proof of itself. Scripture has it that Satan is the father of lies ,so it follows that only an ignorant individual would insist instead that the words of the father of lies amount to God's own Truth. And that is what you proved in that there discussion. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ never makes mention of Satan in the context that is John 12 vs 27 - 36, so I don't understand why you would assume that Jesus Christ referred to Satan as the ruler of this world when scripture does not corroborate such a claim. undecided

As for this one here, again,Jesus Christ was instead sent to only save the Israelites, not just the Jews. God Himself decreed this through His prophets including Isaiah - Isaiah 66. Jesus Christ repeated this when He emphatically stated that He was sent by His Father to only the lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 21 - 24 - , which includes all those who were cursed and scattered to all the corners of the earth by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6 undecided
I don’t entertain liars, so I won’t give you the attention you want. Carry your frustrations to other liars like you.

I know how to deal with liars like , I’ll deprive you of the attention you desire, mr junkie

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by CodeTemplar: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
The key to resolving this issue is the understanding that Jesus had to die to usher the whole world era of salvation to every one who will come to accept him.
Those who believe on him are the Jews by heart or inner man. The Jews in flesh are different from those in spirit. This is what Paul expounded on in Romans.

Jesus in physical form, went after jews/Israel by physical nature, after the job was finished on the cross, the gentiles(signifying non physical Jews) were no longer partitioned away from the physical Jews as regard salvation. They could believe and then confess to be in Christ, something not officially declared before.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2022
CodeTemplar:
The key to resolving this issue is the understanding that Jesus had to die to usher the whole world era of salvation to every one who will come to accept him. Those who believe on him are the Jews by heart or inner man...

Who accept Him. That is the matter.

"He does not believe that does not live according to his belief". Thomas Fuller
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2022
CodeTemplar:
The key to resolving this issue is the understanding that Jesus had to die to usher the whole world era of salvation to every one who will come to accept him.
Those who believe on him are the Jews by heart or inner man. The Jews in flesh are different from those in spirit. This is what Paul expounded on in Romans.

Jesus in physical form, went after jews/Israel by physical nature, after the job was finished on the cross, the gentiles(signifying non physical Jews) were no longer partitioned away from the physical Jews as regard salvation. They could believe and then confess to be in Christ, something not officially declared before.
He had encounters with gentiles before his death, he healed the servant of the Roman centurion.

The Greek word for “only” is mono in Greek, that word was not used in the verse where Jesus was wrongly translated to have said that he was sent “only” to the lost sheep of Israel

The Greek word for only is to Ei, that was a wrong translation

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
CodeTemplar:

There is no such thing as being a jew by heart. You either are of the ancestry of Jacob or you are not of Jacob - Israel. And God made it abundantly clear from the beginning that Israel is His inheritance in the land of men and the Nation of priests which He will use to salt this earth with.. undecided

Jesus Christ went after the Jewish subset of the lost sheep of israel who lived at the time in Judea when He was alive, and after his death, He sent His disciples to teach the Word to the rest of them in exile. The doctrine of physical and spiritual jews are born of lies and ignorance, a rejection of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by CodeTemplar: 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as being a jew by heart. You either are of the ancestry of Jacob or you are not of Jacob - Israel. And God made it abundantly clear from the beginning that Israel is His inheritance in the land of men and the Nation of priests which He will use to salt this earth with.. undecided

Jesus Christ went after the Jewish subset of the lost sheep of israel who lived at the time in Judea when He was alive, and after his death, He sent His disciples to teach the Word to the rest of them in exile. The doctrine of physical and spiritual jews are born of lies and ignorance, a rejection of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
This is not sack or bag farming man.
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2022
CodeTemplar:
This is not sack or bag farming man.
So, because it ain't gardening, you feel you can get away with spreading lies using the name of God or what? undecided
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2022
advocatejare:
I don’t entertain liars, so I won’t give you the attention you want. Carry your frustrations to other liars like you.
I know how to deal with liars like , I’ll deprive you of the attention you desire, my junkie
Calling me a liar is not proof that I am any such. You actually have to present proof and a rant is not proof of anything except your own ignorance. undecided

As for your claim that the writings were wrongly translated, I guess your intention is to write your own bible to suit your private interpretation. undecided

Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by advocatejare(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Calling me a liar is not proof that I am any such. You actually have to present proof and a rant is not proof of anything except your own ignorance. undecided

As for your claim that the writings were wrongly translated, I guess your intention is to write your own bible to suit your private interpretation. undecided
Ok junkie
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by orisa37: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2022
That those who believe in Him will not perish but have ETERNAL life.
Re: Jesus Was Sent To Save The Whole World, Not Only The Jews by Lanre1st(m): 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

Baraka Llahu feek

(1) (Reply)

The Beasts Of Daniel 7 / Thomas Edison Didn't Invent The Light Bulb, Lewis Howard Latimer Did. / Did You Know THE THREE MUSKETEERS Was Written By A Black Man?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.