Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 (16481 Views)

FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Blue3k(m): 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
The Federal Government has said the Ibadan-Kano rail line will be ready by 2023.

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, said this in an interview with journalists in Abuja.

The minister expressed optimism that the project would be ready before the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), leaves office in 2023.

When asked what could be the reason for the delay in completing the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, he said it was not the fault of the contractors but the urban nature of Lagos.

He said, “We have pipes. For instance, for the road to the seaport, we had to bring a company from Italy to identify the pipes and know those who owned them because the companies did not know their pipes.

“The next thing is, if we try to dig out the pipes, the power supply will stop in Lagos and there will be no fuel literally for the entire country apart from those from Port Harcourt.

“So, we brought another company that was not part of the contract. We brought another company that came to find the solution to how to build on those pipes without causing damage because one of the problems with those pipes is that once it is not properly done, the whole of Lagos will be gone.

“We have to put enough engineering to protect those pipe and oil that they carry so that we don’t have an explosion.”

The minister also said the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, had directed a Russian firm to partner with Nigeria to construct the Lagos-Calabar rail line.

He said the government was waiting for feedback from a Russian firm for the construction of the Lagos-Calabar rail line.

The government of Russia and Nigeria had reached an agreement for the construction of the Lagos-Calabar rail line during Buhari’s visit to Russia in October last year.

The minister also expressed optimism that the bill of quantity that the Russian firm would present would be cheaper than what the Chinese had proposed.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ibadan-kano-rail-line-ready-by-2023-says-fg/amp/

9 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Blue3k(m): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
They need to start Lagos-Calabar rail already. They recieved offers to build it from American firms, Chinese firms and Russian. If only the Japanese would make an offer.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by helinues: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
grin

Can't fg just keep the date of operation to themselves and delivered the rail..

26 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by AceRoot(m): 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
Blue3k:
They need to start Lagos-Calabar rail already. They recieved offers to build it from American firms, Chinese firms and Russia. If only the Japanese would make an offer.

Sometimes as I read about this other much touted air-marked semi-coastal rail, I wonder why it is not to first start from the CALABAR end.

4 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Blue3k(m): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
AceRoot:

Sometimes as I read about this other much touted air-marked semi-coastal rail, I wonder why it is not to first start from the CALABAR end.

It's probably about money and decongesting the area. Lagos 20 million potential consumers vs Cross Rivers 4 million.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by YorubaKinging: 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
Abi o
Cos by 2023.. the tension will be so hot between north and south
And your northern army of bokoharamites will come by train to fight us
But we will be ready
Planned work

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by princeade86(m): 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Another lie just in a day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Mistaicey2288: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Radaada.. This Man wey lie don finish. Someone that could even deny getting involved in an attempted kidnap attack... Na mouth dem dey take finish Rail projects all these while. I wouldn't ne surprised if by 2023, this project is still not completed... Useless country with stupid people in power..

9 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Chrisemeka1(m): 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
From the look of things, I think he meant 2023 on paper... And commissioned by 2032.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by opalu: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Lolz
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Kaimadiya(f): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Story for the gods.. That's if Jesus doesn't come before it is ready

5 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Temple1288(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
The Zoo grin

Those Zoo keepers love these grammars "REACHED AGREEMENT... MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING"

grin

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by dynicks(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Amaechi while delivering the speech today after what he experienced during the weekend!...

I no go lie for una ND for myself....one ain't safe anylonger in this country...The assurance of being safe is below par!...Abeg security aids!..make una shine una eye properly...I can't come and fall victim to elements I know nothing about...

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
One must commend Rotimi Ameachi

He has achieved giant strides with his office and immense support from His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

I still will always maintain that if Nigeria moved at this pace under PDP, APC would have "NEVER" had the opportunity to get to power.

The slow and steady pace really paying off.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Dobson43: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
grin

Amechi should be called the pipe minister.
All I keep hearing is pipe been dug and pipes causing problem

4 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by crestedaguiyi: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
when will the bonny and warri sea ports be ready, ezhi
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Mrdecent(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
Deliver that is all
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by OakConsultNG: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
Good development..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Lizzybianca402(f): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
Use this method to earn atleast 2000 naira daily. you earn just for sign up. Sign up here>>>> https:///Earnonline
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by shellsea(m): 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
They should just start the Lagos - Calabar line already

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Unbiased1: 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
2023? That means work on the eastern rail line has automatically been moved to the next administration.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Bigval5: 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Another "RUN WAY" grin

Aisha Yesufu will still expose you again cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Femich18(m): 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
princeade86:
Another lie just in a day.

Everything is a lie to you people of the Thomas Family

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Gbet1912: 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
See details below...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by SouthNigerian: 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Ucee1999: 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Temple1288:
The Zoo grin

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Tunex252(m): 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
They won't complete it
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by heckymaicon(m): 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Shame on you Mr minister.

Nigeria is hopeless. Secession is the solution.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by Bolustical: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
With copious evidence that the promised Lagos-Ibadan railway is almost ready, children of hatred and perdition are still calling the project audio.

Same people denied the Second Niger Bridge project never existed, now they've changed mouth saying the project is taking too long.

Don't worry, Nigeria under PMB will work and their is nothing y'all can do to it.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Ibadan-Kano Rail Line To Be Ready By 2023 by princeade86(m): 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
Femich18:

Everything is not a lie bro
I understand u sir, but I also want u to know that federal government always lied to deceive us in believing them. Quote me again by 2025 when the rail won't still complete by then. GOD will protect us till then. One love bro.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Plateau Gov. Mutfwang Introduces Subsidized Metro Buses As Palliative Measure / Ambode Presents Y2016 Budget Proposal Of N665.588bn To House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.