Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands (3135 Views)

The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe / Is There Any Risk In Buying Phones From Jumia? / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
Today, we will be discussing on the advantages of buying smartphones from an unpopular brand. And they include

They are cheaper in price :

Most unpopular smartphone brands sell their phones at lower price compared to popular brands. This phones may have the same specs or even better than a popular phone but they are sold are low price giving value for money. For example, Umidigi F2 sells at $179 with all the great specs on it , imagine if a popular brand launches a phone with the same specs as the F2 , The popular brand will sell it at a higher price than the F2.

They create healthy competition which makes popular phone brands reduce their price :

When people starts to demand more from unpopular brands neglecting the popular brands, this makes the popular brand reduce the price of their phones or make budget friendly price. This development was what lead Samsung to release the A-Series which are relatively cheap.

They impress their customers :

The unpopular brands always impress their customers so as to make them well accepted. These brands take it to their hearts in making their customers impressed.

They have cheap spare parts :

These unpopular brands phones have cheap parts when they are compared to the popular brand phones.

This is the end of this article and I’ll like you leave a comment below about what you think about this.
Source : https://techfashy.com/advantages-of-buying-phones-from-unpopular-brands/
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by BenDanor(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
Yeah all true especially the specs aspect.
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
BenDanor:
Yeah all true especially the specs aspect.
Yeah
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by hoover420: 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
Sorry but thanks, I’d rather go for quality than quantity
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
hoover420:
Sorry but thanks, I’d rather go for quality than quantity
The fact that they are unpopular doesn't mean they are not quality.

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by edoairways: 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
I agree with you
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by hoover420: 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
taiwosamwell:

The fact that they are unpopular doesn't mean they are not quality.
Okay oo
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by tafat: 2:05am On Feb 19, 2020
I think the main advantage is that when you walk into a place you might be the only person using such a brand, but the issue is when it spoils, are the parts readily available, that's where other popular brands like TECNO, Samsung, etc have an edge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by edoairways: 7:00am On Feb 19, 2020
tafat:
I think the main advantage is that when you walk into a place you might be the only person using such a brand, but the issue is when it spoils, are the parts readily available, that's where other popular brands like TECNO, Samsung, etc have an edge
Probably that is why many Nigerians are reluctant to buy those unpopular brands rather they stick to the bolded text
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 7:00am On Feb 19, 2020
tafat:
It's available where you bought it
All are available on AliExpress
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by sammy042(m): 11:20am On Feb 19, 2020
Very true, I am using umidigi A3 pro, 3 gig ram and 32 gig rom, very nice phone and great specs
I am loving it.
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by Corroro: 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
good point though it's really n edge
tafat:
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by Corroro: 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
the matter is it's availability ATM where you are
taiwosamwell:

Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
Corroro:
the matter is it's availability ATM where you are
No
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by tafat: 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
taiwosamwell:

okay, if you say so, how about those who dont have access to internet and are forced to get phones from regular shops?
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by tafat: 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
surething, you can easily get samsung and Tecno parts readily available
edoairways:

Probably that is why many Nigerians are reluctant to buy those unpopular brands rather they stick to the bolded text
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by edoairways: 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2020
tafat:
surething, you can easily get samsung and Tecno parts readily available
Yeah but some nairalanders non go let person drink water in peace
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
There's no advantage buying an unknown phone Brand.
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
tafat:
okay, if you say so, how about those who dont have access to internet and are forced to get phones from regular shops?
Then they but what they want
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by Chomolina: 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
Abiodunspectre:
There's no advantage buying an unknown phone Brand.
trying something new is not bad just that what's involke is much better
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by bravesoul247(m): 7:38am On Feb 29, 2020
I'm more concerned about repairing it incase the phone gets spoilt.
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 9:01am On Feb 29, 2020
bravesoul247:
I'm more concerned about repairing it incase the phone gets spoilt.
AliExpress or Jumia
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by chidooh1: 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
Been using oukitel C12 pro for a year plus now, never had any problem with it, good battery life, smooth running and fast 4G Internet. So nothing is wrong trying new and unpopular products.
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 4:28am On Mar 01, 2020
chidooh1:
Been using oukitel C12 pro for a year plus now, never had any problem with it, good battery life, smooth running and fast 4G Internet. So nothing is wrong trying new and unpopular products.
My sis is using Cubot too reaching one year soon
No problem
The screen is as strong as a oak tree
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by NightFood: 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
tafat:

Agree with you to make it better, Tecno parts are even cheaper
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by berbs: 10:32pm On Mar 05, 2020
taiwosamwell:

Who has time to be ordering for something online that'll take 60-100 days?
Re: Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands by taiwosamwell(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
berbs:

Who has time to be ordering for something online that'll take 60-100 days?
Ah 60 days bawo
It's usually 2 weeks depending on the seller

(1) (Reply)

Iphone X Issue / Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria / Help Me Out With My MTN Sim Palaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.