Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,823 members, 7,844,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? (20301 Views)

Confused looking Dino Melaye And Ihedioha Stand Outside INEC Collation Center: / Gov. Uzodinma And Ihedioha Hugs And Play In Public / Hope Uzodinma Probes Okorocha, Ohakim And Ihedioha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? by JusticeSeeker: 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
This is how pdp reason. Agabi called for adjournment so he can file more processes and not to study the written address by Uzodinma's lawyers. Correct your reasoning sir.
Phygo:
Ihedioha's team was served on eve of review by Hope's legal team, and u expected them not study the file?

Let's leave sentiments aside, it was a nice move to request for adjournment.

Poster, pls inquire more before rushing to write an article.

@Least make Hope chop last security allowance.
Re: Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? by Frando29(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
Blindersoff:

The SC allowing them more time is simply an academic exercise. The supreme court is not open to new litigation but a review of it's previous Judgement. Not based on new facts but on facts already available during the past Judgement and seeing if they might have missed something in the process.

Anything coming in as a fresh litigation would be thrown out without thinking twice and the initial Judgement would stand.

Ihedioha is wasting his time

And what makes you think they didn't miss something in the first place?
Re: Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? by Blindersoff: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
Frando29:

And what makes you think they didn't miss something in the first place?

Read my comment again and understand it because this comment of yours shows you did not understand it
Re: Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? by Frando29(m): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Blindersoff:

Read my comment again and understand it because this comment of yours shows you did not understand it

seeing if they might have missed something in the process... I'm sure I wasn't the one that made this statement. I perfectly understood you bro..
Re: Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? by Blindersoff: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
Frando29:

seeing if they might have missed something in the process... I'm sure I wasn't the one that made this statement. I perfectly understood you bro..

Read from the beginning because my entire statement is linked .

If you separate one part you will miss the message.

For example

The SC allowing them more time is simply an academic exercise. The supreme court is not open to new litigation but a review of it's previous Judgement. Not based on new facts but on facts already available during the past Judgement and seeing if they might have missed something in the process.

Anything coming in as a fresh litigation would be thrown out without thinking twice and the initial Judgement would stand.

Ihedioha is wasting his time
Re: Imo Judgement Review: Why Is PDP and Ihedioha's Lawyer Asking For More Time? by nezer83: 3:08am On Feb 20, 2020
Mr Op, the SC would want to redeem it's already Tanko damaged image. Do you know the implications of allowing that judgement to stay? They are setting bad precedence. It means that a contestant in an election can concoct figures, bring in just one witness who is not an INEC official and ask the court to declare him winner even when his/her assumed votes exceeds total accredited voters.
That judgement will always be referred to because judgements of the SC are always pointers for judges to arrive at their judgement. This means that the electoral system is messed up.
Furthermore, the SC need to prove beyond doubts how come votes they awarded to ihedioha exceeds the total accredited votes that made him governor.
This case will make or Mar Nigeria's judicial system, hence the honorable justices would take their time to arrive at a very logical conclusion.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$1.5bn Channel Management, INTELS Contracts Pitted Amaechi Against Hadiza Usman / Download The Lagos #EndSARS Panel Report Here / Maina: Abba Kyari Grill Winifred Oyo-Ita At FEC Meeting Over Leaked Memo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.