Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

How NEPA Keeps Charging Me Ridiculous Billings - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How NEPA Keeps Charging Me Ridiculous Billings (680 Views)

Imagine Airtel Charging Me For Sending Me Messages / Man Rapes Co-Worker To Death In Ogun, Keeps Corpse For 3 Days / Family Members Fighting NEPA Officials Over Cutting Their Light In Ikeja, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How NEPA Keeps Charging Me Ridiculous Billings by ncoolsome(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
Good day my fellow nairalanders,I stay in a two bedroom blocks of flat in festac(16 flats).The flat actually belongs to my old man,for years now we have been getting ridiculous charges.NEPA officials no longer come to read the meters but give estimated bills based on factors known best to them.They have also refused to install prepaid meters in our block when neighbouring blocks were given in my area maybe because my block refused to bribe NEPA officials during installation.
The bills of my flat has been fluctuating from 15,000 to this present month of january when I saw 23,000 for what,when we only make use of a television set,freezer,fan and a pressing iron which are the only home appliances and shouldn't generate a bill of 23,000 haba.
It beats my imagination that someone in his or her right mind would feel that amount is justifiable for a two bedroom residential apartment,how much is my monthly salary that someone would have to cough out such ridiculous amount for the darkness we in everyday??
I decided to pay between 5k to 7k every month but for over two years now the back logs have accumates to over 300k.
Please we are sincerely pleading for NEPA to stop this day light robbery and install a prepaid meter or at least read the meters..
Ncoolsome@gmail.com

Re: How NEPA Keeps Charging Me Ridiculous Billings by Asquare84(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2020
ncoolsome:
Good day my fellow nairalanders,I stay in a two bedroom blocks of flat in festac(16 flats).The flat actually belongs to my old man,for years now we have been getting ridiculous charges.NEPA officials no longer come to read the meters but give estimated bills based on factors known best to them.They have also refused to install prepaid meters in our block when neighbouring blocks were given in my area maybe because my block refused to bribe NEPA officials during installation.
The bills of my flat has been fluctuating from 15,000 to this present month of january when I saw 23,000 for what,when we only make use of a television set,freezer,fan and a pressing iron which are the only home appliances and shouldn't generate a bill of 23,000 haba.
It beats my imagination that someone in his or her right mind would feel that amount is justifiable for a two bedroom residential apartment,how much is my monthly salary that someone would have to cough out such ridiculous amount for the darkness we in everyday??
I decided to pay between 5k to 7k every month but for over two years now the back logs have accumates to over 300k.
Please we are sincerely pleading for NEPA to stop this day light robbery and install a prepaid meter or at least read the meters..
Ncoolsome@gmail.com

I will just advice you to go to their office and make enquiry on how to install prepaid meter in your house, I was in your shoes before not always at home yet I keep getting high bill not until I followed up and NEPA install prepaid for me. Guess what 1000 naira worth of electricity bill will take me a whole month
Re: How NEPA Keeps Charging Me Ridiculous Billings by Ebuka478(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
prepaid meter way ohh. i was getting 30k plus estimated bills here in Wuye, Abuja until last year when i paid for the 3 phase meter. Now its around 5k - 7k depending on season. just close eye pay for the meter

(1) (Reply)

Currency Trader Killed In Rivers State By Task Force Officials / Floyd Mayweather’s Daughter Iyanna Arrested For Allegedly Stabbing One Of NBA Yo / 22 Years Old Raped And Killed In Redeem Church Of God Benin City- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.