Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG (9973 Views)

Magu Failed To Remit N48billion Loot Including Seized Jets, Hotels— Salami Panel / Immigration Fails To Submit Annual Financial Statements Since 2012 / NPA Terminates Intels Pilotage Contract Over Failure To Remit $145.84m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by jarawa: 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
The House of Representatives Committee on Finance has demanded explanation from the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) over its alleged failure to remit N11.2 billion to the Consolidated Revenue Fund from 2018 to 2019. Discrepancies in the remittance were discovered when the Comptroller General of the service, Muhammad Babandede, appeared before the House Committee on Tuesday.

According to the Chairman of the Committee, James Abiodun Faleke, based on the available records before the committee, the Service is owing the federal government N11.2 billion which it failed to remit. In his submissions, however, the Immigration boss claimed that the service had been remitting funds as at when due.

The Committee Chairman therefore directed that the NIS should reconcile their accounts with the office of the Accountant General of the Federation before coming back to face the committee at a later date.

“We want you to go and reconcile your records with the Accountant General’s office. This figure is just for 2018 and 2019 only,” Faleke said. The service was told to appear before the committee with all available records on March 3rd, 2020.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/immigration-fails-to-remit-n11-2bn-to-fg-reps-allege.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by slivertongue: 1:10am On Feb 19, 2020
Nigeria is a fraud

10 Likes

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by nairalee(m): 4:58am On Feb 19, 2020
Corruption in Nigeria cuts across ALL sector. Even EFCC and the Presidency

18 Likes

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Olukaygold02(m): 5:00am On Feb 19, 2020
Honestly, Nobody really cares about Nigeria future anymore, everybody are just using the opportunity to chop money when he's the chance. Our conscience are not working anymore. And someone is campaigning zero tolerance for corruption up and down

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by hopexter(m): 5:00am On Feb 19, 2020
slivertongue:
Nigeria is a fraud

Fraudster what are you still doing online angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by dadebayo1(m): 5:01am On Feb 19, 2020
grin we are fighting kwaruption grin Just a little bit of communication gap.. All is remitted as at when due grin Meanwhile who knows what is happening to our dear star boy? Our one and only VP Academics grin?

9 Likes

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by anonimi: 5:02am On Feb 19, 2020
slivertongue:
Nigeria isWe Nigerians are a fraud

Fixed.

1 Like

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by inoki247: 5:02am On Feb 19, 2020
Are u sure is just 11Billion Cause after closing the border with way dey were hyping d border closures I think say na 1Trillion

1 Like

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Yankee101: 5:03am On Feb 19, 2020
Most of the money for development is stolen

No or too few pure hands

We need God to intervene

4 Likes

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by mcmukoko12(m): 5:03am On Feb 19, 2020
Chai
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by anonimi: 5:04am On Feb 19, 2020
nairalee:
Corruption in Nigeria cuts across ALL sector. Even EFCC and the Presidency

Plus the useless Honourables who bought luxury imported cars at inflated costs instead of locally made/assembled cars.
Why should anyone take their wailing seriously?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3313384_solagiwa_buymadeinnigeria_savethenaira705997_jpeg_jpegc9bda744d755917add359d4bb754b3b2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3626665_hilarious_jpeg1ecdcdffc482a4c4b104159dc2f70be2

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:04am On Feb 19, 2020
I reserve my comment!
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by anonimi: 5:05am On Feb 19, 2020

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by odave: 5:06am On Feb 19, 2020
They are toothless dogs, no one can remove him, he's from North, He's a fulani and a moslem. There's no immunity greater than this in Nigeria.

Even if he tell them that the money is in his personal account to marry more wives, no one can touch him! Useless senate and reps.

Our darling daddy, don't mind them o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Kendumazy(m): 5:07am On Feb 19, 2020
OK naww
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by bayelsaowei(m): 5:21am On Feb 19, 2020
Nomsense....
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Yankee101: 5:27am On Feb 19, 2020

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:27am On Feb 19, 2020
The House of Representatives Committee on Finance has demanded explanation from the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) over its alleged failure to remit N11.2 billion to the Consolidated Revenue Fund from 2018 to 2019. Discrepancies in the remittance were discovered when the Comptroller General of the service, Muhammad Babandede, appeared before the House Committee on Tuesday. 
shocked
Heads must roll!

A New Sheriff is in town.
No more impunity in our nation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by explosiveskull(m): 5:34am On Feb 19, 2020
Every body is theifing their own share cos no one believes this country is ever going to be okay with the way things are going.

8 Likes

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by chinavs9ja(m): 5:42am On Feb 19, 2020
Come and see what Nigeria has become!

Kindly Check my signature!
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:07am On Feb 19, 2020
Nigeria needs auto reset. Problem is that Nigerians take tribal and political lines failing to see the bigger picture.

If you know whats going on in this country, people like Nnamdi Kanu will be your best friend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by AerialMapper: 6:08am On Feb 19, 2020
Like they care! Perhaps they are only complaining because there isn’t enough funds to import their cars!
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Eddygre8(m): 6:11am On Feb 19, 2020
Nigeria my country
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by bikerboy1(m): 6:12am On Feb 19, 2020
I thought all Federal agencies use REMITA for payment.

Why is that of Immigration different?

The reason that platform was created was to mitigate this kind of occurrence

3 Likes

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by KINGwax007(m): 6:13am On Feb 19, 2020
I will also fail to remit same if it were me. At least, I remitted close to a trillion. Abeg o
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by octavian(m): 6:15am On Feb 19, 2020
jarawa:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/immigration-fails-to-remit-n11-2bn-to-fg-reps-allege.html
What manner of unrealistic assertion is this from the lawmakers, I thought the government agencies operated a single account?

Assuming all money paid to Immigration goes into the account, why remit again to FG, is it not suppose to be auditing or account reconciliation that they should clamour for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Badmod: 6:16am On Feb 19, 2020
The kind of stories wey we dey hear no dey make sense at all...
Everybody's just so quick to say anything...anything at all.
How on Earth do you think I care how much someone or a commission stole...
Just forward that piece of information to the police or any other agency that can investigate with intelligence...
After conviction bring the story to us,so people like us wey won steal go dey fear...
Leave this unnecessary news and blackmail.
Give us what we need...no all this allegation crapware.
Security.
Electricity.
Jobs.
Real health care.
Good roads.
Do all those and even me wey hate Buhari pass go vote am for 3rd term...

Since there's no big sanctions on false allegations..everybody keep accusing one another either false or true...

There have been killings upon killings and na only for media una dey win the war.

I tire for this country...
Who know how to get Ondo state Visa?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Akachukwu42(m): 6:19am On Feb 19, 2020
inoki247:
Are u sure is just 11Billion Cause after closing the border with way dey were hyping d border closures I think say na 1Trillion

No na the one u are talking about is custom. Immigration is different from custom. Immigration concerns movement of people in and out border, custom concerns goods and commodities in and out borders
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by oluwatosink: 6:29am On Feb 19, 2020
I blame buhari for this. he is the president. All the blame should go to him.

2 Likes

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by TruthSpeaker: 6:30am On Feb 19, 2020
NIGERIA DOOMED FOR LIFE.
Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Grace001: 6:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Let's wait and see if EFCC will swing into action... Failed country.

1 Like

Re: Resps Say Immigration Fails To Remit ₦11.2 Billion To FG by Passionate888: 6:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Which one be RESPS ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC / How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? / Biafra Freedom March Set For 16 March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.