Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens (35246 Views)

FG Mulls Single Salary Scale For Federal Civil Service MDAs / FG Mulls New Tax On Coke, Bigi, Other Soft Drinks / Obasanjo Warns Against Handover Of Nigeria To Thieves, Hooligans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Poske95(m): 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
Nigeria and her acronyms
DISCOS.....bla...bla...bla
Comon, let's dance
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by suzzyboss(m): 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
We v disconnected our light from phcn since last year January because we are paying for darkness in our area instead of light.. Imagine 5 hours light at times 3 hours or no light a day and they'll give us 13,500 every month.. It's just not fair.. Make them kick them comot jare make better person enter if the person Bleep up too make them kick am too comot.. Nonsense

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by BigBashiru: 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by bakynes3: 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
This is what i recommended then before Jonathan went to share the Power infrastructures among his cronies. Give it to the likes of Simens, General Electric, Gazprom and other foreign Power companies. We are guaranteed of improved Power supply but it will come at a high cost. These foreign companies would build their own infrastructures along side the existing NEPA infrastructures so that people who cant afford the foreign ones can still go with the cheaper and non-consistent NEPA.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Youngzedd(m): 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

I'll do the same.

The problem is, are Nigerians ready to pay Siemens prices?

Nigerians are ready. If we can spend so much on data and airtime, what's electricity

Constant electricity will push down the price of commodities.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by EricksonDick: 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

You made a lot of sense until you used the bigoted term Aboki led.

How many discos are being run by Abokis?

Can you name them?

Who handed the discos over and how was Aboki able to swing it?
[/s]
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by voltron14: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
EricksonDick:
[s][/s]

Why not go play with sand like the rest of your mates?

You don't have the capacity to contribute even a minuscule of intelligence to any discussion yet you won't stop cancelling.

Say something that makes sense for once in your life.

3 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by LilSmith55(m): 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

I'll do the same.

It's better to get a prepaid meter
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by EricksonDick: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Why not go play with sand like the rest of your mates?

You don't have the capacity to contribute even a minuscule of intelligence to any discussion yet you won't stop cancelling.

Say something that makes sense for once in your life.
[/s]
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by fkj950ax(m): 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

I'll do the same.

They are paying more than Siemens pricing in petrol and diesel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
The issues arising

1. Siemens is not going to come in and charge bills below the production price , so bills go up. Siemens is also not coming to invest in Nigeria sans profit.

2. Discos will expect to be compensated for being forced out of the business for Siemens.

3. Expect higher bills, but improvement in power supply

Lies. Your paid job of excusing the inefficient discos is almost over. I suggest you get something else fast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by FarahAideed: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Siemens distributing no means say light go steady. Generation and transmission still get their own wahala.

What exactly is your point ? Are you saying it's not possible for Nigeria to have 24 hours electricity? For your information a small mining company built a small turbine that provided 24 hours light to parts of plateau state for decades under the name NESCO , I don't know if they still operate because the whites eventually left

5 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by EkunKekere: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
As a stepping stone, let's see what Siemens can do when it comes to distributing the little we are generating. They claim they are presently generating close to 13,000 MW, but these useless discos are only distributing somewhere between 1000 and 3000 MW.

If I had my way, I would invite the likes of top global power companies like General Electric , Dominion, NextEra etc to bid for Gencos (Generation Companies) and Trancos (Transmission Companies). The problem is nobody would want to do business in a shithole like Nigeria where there is so much insecurity and where corrupt politicians will be trying to eat into your profits.

Lostz:
. with the little electricity you are generating?

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by andy4d2ofus(m): 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
[quote author=Gnaeusmagnus post=86803476]

I'll do the same.

The problem is, are Nigerians ready to pay Siemens price

We are even paying for what we Do not use but if Siemens is allowed to come in light situations will improve and we will get value for our money. Just imagine Ghana have steady electricity and they pay for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Geesaintagape: 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
This one alone would give buhari 10% mark

5 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2020
daddytime:
If this will solve the headache, why not.

The present Discos are dancing disco with Nigerians and their intelligence.

Briefing reporters after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting in the State House thursday, the Minister of Power, Mr. Saleh Mamman, said whereas Nigeria currently generates 13,000 megawatts of electricity, it transmits 7,000 to Discos while the distribution companies can only distribute 3,000 megawatts to end users.

The bolded caught my attention.

So, according to the lousy and talkative Minister, Nigeria generates 13,000 megawatts and are only able to transmit 7000 megawatts almost half the amount generated to Discos, while the Discos, in turn, are only able to distribute 3,000 megawatts, almost half of what was transmitted to them to end-users.

I'm seriously trying to make any sense of what gave the minister the right or moral compass to accuse others of what he is guilty of.

Mumu people, na only how to apportion blames and award bogus contracts to selves dem sabi.
Dats not the issue. Did you also read the part where discos pay for only 1000mW out of 3000mW? Dats where the problem really lies. Discos have inadvertently replaced NEPA/PHCN in inefficiency and corruption and tax payers are the ones paying them for it through the govt.
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by mascotafltd: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2020
What about Bedc,the should do same
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by imam07: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Flyingngel:
Instead of them to remove power from exclusive list to concurrent list so that state government can generate and distribute their power, if they have excess they sell to the neighboring state.
federal and private no fit manage successfully, so nah state go do am well. U better use ur brain to reason.
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nickshrapnel: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
my bad. I didn't read the article, I replied based on the headline that mentioned only discos.
No wahala sir
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by CyberWolf: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Siemens distributing no means say light go steady. Generation and transmission still get their own wahala.
Generation is not the problem, the main problem is transmission and distribution. Gencos are currently generating 13,000 megawatts but can only transmit 7,000 megawatts to the National grids because of the poor state of the transmission infrastructure. Now FG which controls the the National grids in turn can only distribute 3,000-4000 megawatts to Discos because of the poor state of the distribution infrastructure. Gencos are ready to generate more power but the problem is that the one they are currently generating are not been utilized by TCN and Discos. You see where the problem is coming from now?

Another problem is suspect is that Discos don’t even want to invest in industry by upgrading and expanding their distribution infrastructure. They only rely on the outdated infrastructure inherited from PHCN/NEPA. Get anything they can from FG, distribute the ones they can, swallow/embezzle what they collect from consumers and then cry to FG that consumers refused to pay hence, they can’t pay the Discos. Now FG will listen to their cry by bailing them out. You that the problem is dishonesty of these Nigerians called Discos?

That’s why you see the real experts in the industry mange GENCOS, eg. Prof. Bath Nnaji while career criminals manage DISCOS, eg. Emeka Offor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2020
EkunKekere:
As a stepping stone, let's see what Siemens can do when it comes to distributing the little we are generating. They claim they are presently generating close to 13,000 MW, but these useless discos are only distributing somewhere between 1000 and 3000 MW.

If I had my way, I would invite the likes of top global power companies like General Electric , Dominion, NextEra etc to bid for Gencos (Generation Companies) and Trancos (Transmission Companies). The problem is nobody would want to do business in a shithole like Nigeria where there is so much insecurity and where corrupt politicians will be trying to eat into your profits.

Briefing reporters after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting in the State House thursday, the Minister of Power, Mr. Saleh Mamman, said whereas Nigeria currently generates 13,000 megawatts of electricity, it transmits 7,000 to Discos while the distribution companies can only distribute 3,000 megawatts to end users.

before it gets to the Discos, it is already minus 6000. after receiving it , the Discos minus their own 4000.

so who is wasting the electricity more?
the Gencos or the Discos?
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2020
FarahAideed:

The current power setup is a total mess that shouldn't have been allowed to happen in the first place ... The problem starts from the DISCOs which make it deliberately very hard for customer to access prepaid meters because this will distort their sale of darkness Business model which estimated bills are used to drive , so the GENCOS generate electricity and wheel it to the DISCOS for distribution and the criminal DISCOS reject upto 70 percent accepting just about 30 percent which the use to bait customers to continue to pay the estimated bills which in reality is a bill for darkness not light , then here comes the crazy part , the useless Federal govt instead of forcing the DISCOSs to deploy prepaid meters and ban estimated bills , an action which will force DISCOS to accept more power from the GENCOS , instead the useless govt decides to pay GENCOS for any electricity the DISCOs reject and this action cost the govt almost a trillion naira annually , why should the govt spend so much on electricity that wasn't utililised in the first place ? The corruption in the power industry bin Nigeria is mind boggling
Thanks for explaining all that to the guy. He thinks everyone is at his level.
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2020
joyandfaith:
it should be done asap. germany should manage our power sector. uk-education. us-army. france-health sector. transpotation -japan. civil service-canada. judiciary- holand. ecomony-swiss. police-israel
Lol. What abt presidency?
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by mfm04622: 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
The issues arising

1. Siemens is not going to come in and charge bills below the production price , so bills go up. Siemens is also not coming to invest in Nigeria sans profit.

2. Discos will expect to be compensated for being forced out of the business for Siemens.

3. Expect higher bills, but improvement in power supply

Higher bills is already in the pipeline. It will start in April. DISCOs should not be compensated since they didn't meet conditions they were to meet when the distribution were handed over to them

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Lies. Your paid job of excusing the inefficient discos is almost over. I suggest you get something else fast.

I don't work for the discos, they don't pay me. I have even had my issues with them.

I just happen to read up stuff
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by EkunKekere: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2020
Yes, but who are they minusing it for? How does it even make sense that you receive 13,000 MW of electricity but by the time it reaches the end user, 98% of it is lost? Where did the missing 98% of electricity go? That's why I'm fed up with these idiots and why foreign companies with proven track records in the industry should be given incentives to overlook this country's shithole nature and take over running the entire electricity architecture.

Lostz:

before it gets to the Discos, it is already minus 6000. after receiving it , the Discos minus their own 4000.

so who is wasting the electricity more?
the Gencos or the Discos?

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by neonly: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2020
FarahAideed:

Which higher bills , are we not spending more on power already ?

Do you know that the current thieving DISCOs charge most Nigerians for darkness intead of light ? Do you know Nigerians spend a fortune paying to run generators a day , I spend 100 times more on Generators than I spend of recharging my prepaid meter every year , if I could channel just half of what I spend on Feb to Siemens and they guarantee me 24 hours electricity then I will be fine

What we dat don't have prepaid meter that pay up to 16k per month for a flat nko

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2020
CyberWolf:
Generation is not the problem, the main problem is transmission and distribution. Gencos are currently generating 13,000 megawatts but can only transmit 7,000 megawatts to the National grids because of the poor state of the transmission infrastructure. Now FG which controls the the National grids in turn can only distribute 3,000-4000 megawatts to Discos because of the poor state of the distribution infrastructure. Gencos are ready to generate more power but the problem is that the one they are currently generating are not been utilized by TCN and Discos. You see where the problem is coming from now?
generating is also a problem. South Africa , with 67 million people , generates more than 50000mw.
and they are now even working to increase the generation to 79 ,000 MW .

Nigeria with more than 3 times that population generate only 13000. that 13000 may not be enough to give Lagos 24hrs light
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2020
mfm04622:

Higher bills is already in the pipeline. It will start in April. DISCOs should not be compensated since they didn't meet conditions they were to meet when the distribution were handed over to them

The courts might not agree with you.

The government, should it disengage from the discos is going to have to pay up some compensation.

That's the sad part about contracts
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Flyingngel(m): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2020
obailala post:

I believe the current law doesnt stop the state governments from doing that. But Which state has the financial capacity to build a brand new transmission network? To disconnect from the national grid, the state needs to first build power generation and transmission infrastructure.

At least I know of my state- Akwa Ibom state is capable of giving her population 100% uninterrupted power supply bearing in mind that Ibom power plant generate about 180% of power while the state need only 80%.But what happen? the federal government took over the generation and distribution thereby giving Akwa Ibom abt 25% of the power which is not enough.
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by SeedofDavid: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2020
This is what's needed but too much selfish interests.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Five People Shot Dead As Imo Boils Again / Atiku Is A Tribal Jingoist, Stole PDP Ticket From South - Tinubu / Exclusive Pictures Of Weapons Captured By Local Hunters In Adamawa State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.