Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. (2143 Views)

Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid / Boko Haram Cut Off Maiduguri From Power grid / Jamiu Abiola: Yoruba Should Vote For Buhari To Honor My Father - Abiolas Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by MetaPhysical: 1:14am On Feb 21, 2020
Buhari's Administration is deceiving Nigerians when it talks about fighting corruption.

Look at following.

Our electricity project had been awarded to Siemens since last year...but they tell us they are "mulling" the idea of awarding it. Who are they deceiving? Was there any bid?

Follow that up with Siemens reputation for bribery and money laundering and its indictment and conviction in US for multiple violations across the globe......including one that Abubakar Atiku's wife, Jennifer Atiku was caught in when she acted as front for her husband to launder money in return for a bribery and Telecomms Contract Award.

If Atiku is not good for Nigeria's leadership because he is corrupt why is a convicted Siemens good for Nigeria's power development?

DAWN should start drafting a strategy to extricate Yorubaland from dependency on national power grid.

Siemens is only going to take our money, in ten years time we will be worse than we are now.

3 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by CanadaOrBust: 1:15am On Feb 21, 2020
Agree

1 Like

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by Aidejay(m): 2:21am On Feb 21, 2020
Bros stop building castles in the air.
It's safe to say yorubas as a group are very comfortable with their predicament.
When you say let the sleeping dog lie they have taken it too far

3 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by NaMeAboki: 2:49am On Feb 21, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Buhari's Administration is deceiving Nigerians when it talks about fighting corruption.

Look at following.

Our electricity project had been awarded to Siemens since last year...but they tell us they are "mulling" the idea of awarding it. Who are they deceiving? Was there any bid?

Follow that up with Siemens reputation for bribery and money laundering and its indictment and conviction in US for multiple violations across the globe......including one that Abubakar Atiku's wife, Jennifer Atiku was caught in when she acted as front for her husband to launder money in return for a bribery and Telecomms Contract Award.

If Atiku is not good for Nigeria's leadership because he is corrupt why is a convicted Siemens good for Nigeria's power development?

DAWN should start drafting a strategy to extricate Yorubaland from dependency on national power grid.

Siemens is only going to take our money, in ten years time we will be worse than we are now.

Agreement was signed on transmission (i.e. improving grid network capacity); govt is currently mulling over doing also same to the distribution network (due to the apparent incompetency and failure of the DISCOs): Transmission and Distribution are two different things - pls let us not confuse issues.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 21, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Agreement was signed on transmission (i.e. improving grid network capacity); govt is currently mulling over doing also same to the distribution network (due to the apparent incompetency and failure of the DISCOs): Transmission and Distribution are two different things - pls let us not confuse issues.

Exactly....Siemens was originally hired for transmission issues.

3 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by Okoroawusa: 5:39am On Feb 21, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Why did you educate him. You get time o!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by helinues: 5:44am On Feb 21, 2020

Ethnic bigots

2 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:03am On Feb 21, 2020
Don't bother yourself
Nigeria's disintegration is imminent
Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:03am On Feb 21, 2020
helinues:

Ethnic bigots

You mean Buhari?
Or you don't know the meaning of an ethnic bigot?

4 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by MetaPhysical: 6:07am On Feb 21, 2020
Nameaboki and his fellow educators...

Make una no teach me nonsense o! grin

Ask me to clarify for you if any of my post is above your level of understanding. I will break it down, with pleasure.

Here is break down....Siemens was contracted for the whole value chain. Discussion started in 2018 between governments of Nigeria and Germany but the deal with Siemens was signed in 2019.

What happened inbetween, why are they now "mulling" giving the contract to Siemens? It has nothing to do with phases or product area at all. There is a breakdown in political interface somewhere in the diplomatic services. We dont know yet....but it will come out sooner or later.

It is irresponsible to suggest that the contract is piecemeal without full knowledge of the scope of the agreement and authorization.

Nameaboki, dont do that again! Get clarification.

Check this out...a press release by Siemens after the contract.

If you want to read the whole speech go here.....

https://press.siemens.com/global/en/pressrelease/siemens-and-nigerian-government-signed-implementation-agreement-electrification

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by allthingsgood: 6:09am On Feb 21, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

You mean Buhari?
Or you don't know the meaning of an ethnic bigot?

SMH. Grow up
Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by springer: 6:11am On Feb 21, 2020
Failed government, failed country, docile youths, I see new nations from this failed country. No light, water, rail, stadium, roads, nothing is working except corruption. God bless Oduduwa Republic. Stand up for your rights, don't give up the fight.

5 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:14am On Feb 21, 2020
allthingsgood:

SMH. Grow up

You should grow up
N30k is less than $100

3 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by NaMeAboki: 7:29am On Feb 21, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Nameaboki and his fellow educators...

Make una no teach me nonsense o! grin

Ask me to clarify for you if any of my post is above your level of understanding. I will break it down, with pleasure.

Here is break down....Siemens was contracted for the whole value chain. Discussion started in 2018 between governments of Nigeria and Germany but the deal with Siemens was signed in 2019.

What happened inbetween, why are they now "mulling" giving the contract to Siemens? It has nothing to do with phases or product area at all. There is a breakdown in political interface somewhere in the diplomatic services. We dont know yet....but it will come out sooner or later.

It is irresponsible to suggest that the contract is piecemeal without full knowledge of the scope of the agreement and authorization.

Nameaboki, dont do that again! Get clarification.

Check this out...a press release by Siemens after the contract.

If you want to read the whole speech go here.....

https://press.siemens.com/global/en/pressrelease/siemens-and-nigerian-government-signed-implementation-agreement-electrification

Get clarification from who?

You cannot be serious!

The ability to read and write does not always guarantee the intelligence to comprehend and interpret correctly.

Accordingly the scope included[b] rehabilitation, upgrade and expansion[/b]: pls explain to me how does that automatically translate into cancellation of the contracts and subsequent eviction of existing players within the value chain - as the govt is currently mulling over doing to the DISCOs within the distribution sector?

A discerning mind would easily conclude that Siemens is being brought in as an additional player and not necessarily an exclusive/replacement (monopoly) within the system.

Note: I am not claiming to be an authority on the power issue in Nigeria; but simply drawing my conclusions based on the power of competent reading and logical deduction on available information - I'll advise you to do the same; unless of course you are privileged with more superior information not available to us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by Simplebeauty: 7:58am On Feb 21, 2020
grin
Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by allthingsgood: 8:02am On Feb 21, 2020
[s]
StaffofOrayan:

You should grow up
N30k is less than $100
[/s]

so
Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by FarahAideed: 8:08am On Feb 21, 2020
I hope you are are aware that no youruba governor has been able to provide potable pipeborne water for it's citizens till date and yet you believe they can produce electricity for you ?

Siemens is not a corrupt company it's corrupt Nigerian officials that extort every contactor of bribes that are the problem .. Lastly but not the least you claim hate corruption so much but you are a great supporter of Tinubu who might just be the most corrupt African ever if he is properly exposed and investigated

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:13am On Feb 21, 2020
I heard those payments has been stopped?
Can't help but notice your anger all over the forum

allthingsgood:
[s][/s]

so

2 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by Adgideon(m): 8:32am On Feb 21, 2020
But if they can make power supply steady no problem,

1 Like

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by allthingsgood: 8:47am On Feb 21, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
I heard those payments has been stopped?
Can't help but notice your anger all over the forum

what payments is this one ok undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by pacespot(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2020
US corruption trial should not be the basis to judge a multinational giant like Siemens, USA always has its own interest before conducting their investigation, just like they investigated sepp batters and michel platini of corruption when it seemed FIFA was becoming pro Russia and pro Qatar in their seeding of world cup tournament.

2 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by MetaPhysical: 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Get clarification from who?

You cannot be serious!

The ability to read and write does not always guarantee the intelligence to comprehend and interpret correctly.

Accordingly the scope included[b] rehabilitation, upgrade and expansion[/b]: pls explain to me how does that automatically translate into cancellation of the contracts and subsequent eviction of existing players within the value chain - as the govt is currently mulling over doing to the DISCOs within the distribution sector?

A discerning mind would easily conclude that Siemens is being brought in as an additional player and not necessarily an exclusive/replacement (monopoly) within the system.

Note: I am not claiming to be an authority on the power issue in Nigeria; but simply drawing my conclusions based on the power of competent reading and logical deduction on available information - I'll advise you to do the same; unless of course you are privileged with more superior information not available to us.

grin
You get clarification from me.

Before I showed you Siemens Speech from 2019, which clearly outlined and highlited in the scope that Siemens had the full value chain (generation, transmission and distribution),

.....here is what you said regarding the bullshyte "mull" in 2020 -

Agreement was signed on transmission (i.e. improving grid network capacity); govt is currently mulling over doing also same to the distribution network

When you are wrong admit you are wrong.

When discussing current affairs and matters that has to do with fact based information, find your level. Me and you no dey for same category. grin

Most times i have my fact in back pocket...i only bring out to silence dissenters.

Meanwhile, tell Buhari to stop "mulling" in 2020 a contract that was already signed and agreed in 2019 with an international barawo and convicted fraudsters called Siemens.

Join me to support a drive for DAWN to get Yorubaland off this freak we call power grid. Shyyte!! angry

1 Like

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by MetaPhysical: 12:02am On Feb 22, 2020
pacespot:
US corruption trial should not be the basis to judge a multinational giant like Siemens, USA always has its own interest before conducting their investigation, just like they investigated sepp batters and michel platini of corruption when it seemed FIFA was becoming pro Russia and pro Qatar in their seeding of world cup tournament.

Give me one project anywhere in developing nations ( i think we need to stop the politically correct label of "developing nation" and rwturn to the true identifier "third world nation", cause in reality thats we are) that Siemens had completed a contract and 10yrs after the implementation the contract is still working fine.

Siemens is a govt subsidised company. They did not get the electric power project on their own Merkel negotiated the deal for them with Buhari.

I went over that indictment thoroughly and started digging to understand why US wrote such a damning comment on a reputable Siemens. I found that the US report was not biased. US is actually one of the biggest Siemens clients in the world. I was shocked to find that. They supply telecomms and power generation equipments to US. In fact Siemens is competitor with American company GE.

Siemens is technologically advanced but in third world countries their technology takes back stage and corruption leads negotiations. They are barawos!

Come back in 10yrs and review their performance on this contract Buhari gave to them.

1 Like

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by micktoxin(m): 12:29am On Feb 22, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Giving the contract to Siemens to manage both network will be a critical mistake in the long term.
The best solution is for Nigerian government to deregulate the power sector and encourage private independent connection providers.

US is slightly different but i know UK practices one of the most diversified network systems in the world.
In UK, National grid owns and manages the transmission lines while DNOs like UKPN, WPD, SSE, NPG etc. manages the distribution lines. Below them you have IDNO for downstream of distribution network and then BNO for internal building works.

The main advantage of this is a security of supplies as there are more competition and diversified network. In other words, if one network of one company fails other networks are able to provide alternative supplies.

1 Like

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by MetaPhysical: 12:32am On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:
I hope you are are aware that no youruba governor has been able to provide potable pipeborne water for it's citizens till date and yet you believe they can produce electricity for you ?

Siemens is not a corrupt company it's corrupt Nigerian officials that extort every contactor of bribes that are the problem .. Lastly but not the least you claim hate corruption so much but you are a great supporter of Tinubu who might just be the most corrupt African ever if he is properly exposed and investigated

The reason Lugard amalgamated you in 1914 is that South will help financially to sustain your poor region.

It looks like in 2020 we need to re-amalgamate you so South can help close the gap in your knowledge deficiency.

See this screenshot. They are talking about Iju waterworks, the first waterworks in Nigeria. It was commissioned in 1915 and served people of Lagos pipeborne water. It was self sufficient until Nigeria took over ownership of power distribution. The deficiencies in power supply is affecting water supply.

So can you see the negative multiplying effect of poor power supply?

Now imagine what would happen to Yorubaland if DAWN remove us from the amalgamated grid. We will have power, we will have water + a host of other derivatives. There is positive multiplying outcomes just by getting power right.

Get sense....you and Aboki up there. grin

4 Likes

Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by pacespot(m): 5:01am On Feb 22, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Give me one project anywhere in developing nations ( i think we need to stop the politically correct label of "developing nation" and rwturn to the true identifier "third world nation", cause in reality thats we are) that Siemens had completed a contract and 10yrs after the implementation the contract is still working fine.

Siemens is a govt subsidised company. They did not get the electric power project on their own Merkel negotiated the deal for them with Buhari.

I went over that indictment thoroughly and started digging to understand why US wrote such a damning comment on a reputable Siemens. I found that the US report was not biased. US is actually one of the biggest Siemens clients in the world. I was shocked to find that. They supply telecomms and power generation equipments to US. In fact Siemens is competitor with American company GE.

Siemens is technologically advanced but in third world countries their technology takes back stage and corruption leads negotiations. They are barawos!

Come back in 10yrs and review their performance on this contract Buhari gave to them.

If this is true, I hope our government looks carefully what contracts to give them and study their performance before handing over the entire power sector to them. They can do a part-contract with the domestic Disco which allows the government to infuse competition into the power sector, and this will help the consumers.
Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by bayelsaowei(m): 5:10am On Feb 22, 2020
Lol...how many times have I pushed for regionalism or even true federalism..but many think sticking to the deficient north is the next best thing after sliced bread..we would keep being sluggish as long as we drag them along with us..
Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by BafanaBafana: 5:39am On Feb 22, 2020
So why should Yoruba get off the grid?
Re: Siemens Contract: Yoruba Should Get Off The National Power Grid. by MetaPhysical: 3:02am On Mar 06, 2020
Yoruba, let us raise voice, make noise about this idea.

I thank Edumare that our Aare has also called on the Governors to set a motion for an independent power grid in Western Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Those Plotting Oshiomhole's Removal Are Infected With 2023 Virus – Tinubu / I Will No Longer Tolerate Intimidation And Harassment Of Ex-president Jonathan, / Outrage In The North As Zamfara Confer Traditional Title To FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.