Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me (44845 Views)

Why Does Anambra Find It Difficult To Marry From Imo State? / Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by mechanics(m): 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
72Morale:
No matter how stubborn and wise you think you are; Don't ever go against tradition and against your family wishes once it has to do with marriage.

Love isn't even one of the top 5 things to consider in marriage because it's just a self-deceptive word that does not contribute anything to a marriage.
Remember tradition is not in the Bible, if he does the marriage in the way of the Lord, nothing will happen to them, since he's not marrying his niece.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by redsun(m): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
mechanics:
Remember tradition is not in the Bible, if he does the marriage in the way of the Lord, nothing will happen to them, since he's not marrying his niece

You forget the bible is the traditional folk stories of the jews that you adopted as a native, colonised and fundamentally deceived African.

Our ancestors were wise, hence the taboo, they knew inbreeding was morally and biologically catastrophic and they weren't too timid to go outside their comfort zones to look for suitable partners.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by mechanics(m): 2:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
redsun:

You forget the bible is the traditional folk stories of the jews that you adopted as a native, colonised and fundamentally deceived African.

Our ancestors were wise, hence the taboo, they knew inbreeding was morally and biologically catastrophic and they weren't too timid to go outside their comfort zones to look for suitable partners.
hmmmm, the Bible does not contain tradition at all.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by redsun(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
mechanics:
hmmmm, the Bible does not contain tradition at all.

Serious!! What do you call that? Folk stories.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by mechanics(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
redsun:

Serious!! What do you call that? Folk stories.
It's not folk stories, they are the inspired words written by inspired men of God.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by armyofone(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
Both of you should go to a reputable hospital and do DNA test. If you are both not 99% related, go ahead @ original poster.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by ehinorlive: 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
tobstarizhia:
Blood Oath? sorry, but is this 19th century Nri Kingdom?
dont go and try yourself oo
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
priscaoge:

The best option is to avoid them.
Live ur life without fear. Life is too short to live it in fear of the devil or other people. Christians have let pastors instil so much fear in them, preaching to them to avoid & run away from family members. Very unscriptural.
You think Jesus Christ or the apostles would give this ur advice to anyone?
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by kingsleyugo41(m): 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
[quote author=Mandem12 post=86848250]I had to open a new account for this, pardon me for Punctuation errors. I have to go straight to the point so as not to bore you... My story goes thus

I'm a young man of 25. I met this very beautiful girl, aged 23 now, we've dated 4 years now. She's so humble, the love grew out of nowhere. She does everything a woman would do for a man and I do everything a man will do for a woman.

I found myself not doing anything without her and she cannot do anything without involving me, we actually love each other very much.

She started pestering me to have a blood oath with her because she was scared I would leave her. I laughed it off cos I knew I wouldn't cheat on her, she is everything I wanted in a woman.

Trouble started when I brought her home to meet my parents, I was actually happy that I had found my wife...

When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me and thereby related by blood thereby marrying her is an abomination that she was my sister so to say and said our kinsmen would not be Involved if I insist on marrying her... I felt my world crumbling down like a pack of cards...

I told my girl and she was like, it's an old tradition and nobody will dictate to her who she would marry and she loves me and there was no going back...

As a man, I thought about it and wanted to let her go because I wouldn't want the stigma to be on us and my unborn kids... I showed her some attitude to make her hate me but she didn't, rather she would rather beg me not to leave her even when I'm at fault. I feel bad anytime I do anything to hurt her feelings...

Now, I actually want to get her pregnant and damn the consequences, do a court wedding if the need arises and relocate with her out from our state and start a new life elsewhere...

Another mind is telling me to let her go so we can move on with our lives, or even be a fugitive for her... I however know she will hurt herself if I leave her... I'm very confused about everything, I seriously need help... Why is Igbo tradition this way? I found love with this girl, now everything is about to be stripped away from me, just like that... I seriously need an advice please...

I love this girl so much and she make me happy

Please move this to front page so I can hear from others please... [/quotepls listen to your parents because if u go ahead to marry her u will later regret, one guy from my village did the same thing, but today they have separated with so many problems
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Dsweetnigga: 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
Neroiam:

This one na stupid tradition... Shay they used to dance juju in one community i once lived, gradually, the people were enlightened to know they were only inviting more evil spirits to the community.. Now they've stopped and are doing better than before.

#sweepawaystupidtradition

You win grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
OP wants to marry his sister. It's like the madness has already started sef.

Your Father told you someone is your sister and you are still questioning it.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Legendguru: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
Think for yourself make your own plans
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by bonna4u(m): 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
Why is it so difficult for this op to understand; she is his sister. Op, if you must love her, love her like your sister and she should reciprocate the brotherly love.
Desist from opening a stupid chapter on your existence.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Dumte(m): 2:38am On Feb 23, 2020
What an elder see while sitting down, even if a young man is standing on the roof of a building, he can't see it.
Words of elders are words of wisdom.

Let me go
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
sheDD:
Awon inspiration talker grin
Aspire to pespire
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Monpat(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
Frankyboy1:
Now listen! No body here can tell you what to do, the answer lies within,and would speak tru your convictions, there re marriages family disapproved of and succeeded and there re marriages families supported and failed, don't let no one define happiness for you, it is an old and archaic tradition still practised in my place, a village comprising of over two hundred kindred generations ago are still considered siblings, what rubbish! Then we all are brothers and sisters from the genealogy of Adam and eve! Check out those villages,most of them re codedly blowing themselves secretly,both knowingly and unknowingly, but hypocrisy says you can blow codedly but can't marry! My large village in an Igbo speaking area in delta state have that tradition, but guess what! Anytime I go home and feel funky, I blow them chicks indiscriminately, and when you done d girl tells you do you know bla bla bla bla bla, I just keep quiet, deep my mouth into d booby,and then blow again and again and again generously, what you don't believe can't harm you, fear is the mother of all evil, defeat it and rise above the stars!/oneove bro
Frankyboy1:
Now listen! No body here can tell you what to do, the answer lies within,and would speak tru your convictions, there re marriages family disapproved of and succeeded and there re marriages families supported and failed, don't let no one define happiness for you, it is an old and archaic tradition still practised in my place, a village comprising of over two hundred kindred generations ago are still considered siblings, what rubbish! Then we all are brothers and sisters from the genealogy of Adam and eve! Check out those villages,most of them re codedly blowing themselves secretly,both knowingly and unknowingly, but hypocrisy says you can blow codedly but can't marry! My large village in an Igbo speaking area in delta state have that tradition, but guess what! Anytime I go home and feel funky, I blow them chicks indiscriminately, and when you done d girl tells you do you know bla bla bla bla bla, I just keep quiet, deep my mouth into d booby,and then blow again and again and again generously, what you don't believe can't harm you, fear is the mother of all evil, defeat it and rise above the stars!/oneove bro
Frankyboy1:
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Monpat(m): 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
Frankyboy1:
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Monpat(m): 6:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
frankyboy1 can we know each because it seems like you described my village for delta, can I know the name of your village, is what dey practice in my in aniocha South
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Frankyboy1(m): 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
Monpat:
frankyboy1 can we know each because it seems like you described my village for delta, can I know the name of your village, is what dey practice in my in aniocha South

Yes! I am from aniocha south ogwashi uku, but reside in port Harcourt! My digits 08068500219
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by kelvinhilton(m): 11:06am On Feb 28, 2020
Mandem12:
I had to open a new account for this, pardon me for Punctuation errors. I have to go straight to the point so as not to bore you... My story goes thus

I'm a young man of 25. I met this very beautiful girl, aged 23 now, we've dated 4 years now. She's so humble, the love grew out of nowhere. She does everything a woman would do for a man and I do everything a man will do for a woman.

I found myself not doing anything without her and she cannot do anything without involving me, we actually love each other very much.

She started pestering me to have a blood oath with her because she was scared I would leave her. I laughed it off cos I knew I wouldn't cheat on her, she is everything I wanted in a woman.

Trouble started when I brought her home to meet my parents, I was actually happy that I had found my wife...

When she left, my father asked me where she was from, and I told him and my father told me I can't marry her because she was from the same village with me and thereby related by blood thereby marrying her is an abomination that she was my sister so to say and said our kinsmen would not be Involved if I insist on marrying her... I felt my world crumbling down like a pack of cards...

I told my girl and she was like, it's an old tradition and nobody will dictate to her who she would marry and she loves me and there was no going back...

As a man, I thought about it and wanted to let her go because I wouldn't want the stigma to be on us and my unborn kids... I showed her some attitude to make her hate me but she didn't, rather she would rather beg me not to leave her even when I'm at fault. I feel bad anytime I do anything to hurt her feelings...

Now, I actually want to get her pregnant and damn the consequences, do a court wedding if the need arises and relocate with her out from our state and start a new life elsewhere...

Another mind is telling me to let her go so we can move on with our lives, or even be a fugitive for her... I however know she will hurt herself if I leave her... I'm very confused about everything, I seriously need help... Why is Igbo tradition this way? I found love with this girl, now everything is about to be stripped away from me, just like that... I seriously need an advice please...

Please move this to front page so I can hear from others please...

My God!!!
This is the same problem in my own town
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Dshocker(m): 7:45am On Feb 29, 2020
Mandem12:
I had to open a new account for this, pardon me for Punctuation errors. I have to go straight to the point so as not to bore you... My story goes thus

Please move this to front page so I can hear from others please...

When you are in love,use your head....If your parents say you can't marry her,then respect the tradition,because you can't run forever.

When you get older,you will see need why you need the assistance of your home community
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by PicLtd: 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2020
mercy87:
People no dey read? She is not his sister so how can it be incest? They're just from the same village. Igbos just too get tradition abeg. From osu now this!

You dey craze, even if she is not his direct sister it is evident she is a distant cousin from the same clan. It is still considered incest. They both share the same genes somewhere in their DNA. Those genes could clash during embyonic formation of their offsprings and produce physically and mentally malformed children.

If you are ignorant just go back to reading your romance novels and leave facts alone for wise people to deliberate on.
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by PicLtd: 2:02pm On Mar 02, 2020
fk002:
I know it must be Igbo tradition.

This type of thing happens only in the east

Yes it happens in the East, that's why the East doesn't give birth to congenitally or mentally malformed idiotic products of incest like we have in some regions filled with Agberoes and almajiris.

Now GTFOH!
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by mercy87(f): 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
PicLtd:

You dey craze, even if she is not his direct sister it is evident she is a distant cousin from the same clan. It is still considered incest. They both share the same genes somewhere in their DNA. Those genes could clash during embyonic formation of their offsprings and produce physically and mentally malformed children.

If you are ignorant just go back to reading your romance novels and leave facts alone for wise people to deliberate on.

Bleep you with your equally bleeped traditions and customs. Wise? You? Smh
Re: I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me by Preciouslil: 7:57am On Jul 04, 2023
Same is happening to me I’m down,I have cried so much that I have lost weight.They said he is from my mother’s mom’s clan that it’s not possible and we have checked and we aren’t related apart from him belonging to my mother’s mom’s clan,assuming he was from the umuna’s side it would have been different 😢.

We love ourselves,please advice me on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! / 5 Generations Photo Of Nigerian Women / My Skin Crawls When My Husband Touches Me (help!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.