Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (70089 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by EBUBECHISOM(m): 1:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
Nice one. I would love to work with you and do business with you Sir

fairfora:
Don't make a mistake of investing your hard earned money on foreign education. I could see you're a young and talented guy. Let me share with you a brief story of my life. I'm a polytechnic graduate , not because poly was the only option. My course of study was better studied in the polytechnic because only 2 universities in Nigeria were offering my chosen course as of 1996 and they were far away from the south west. my parents didnt want me to be too far away.

That said, i graduated and got employed after my nysc, first in a renown pharmaceutical company and later in a telecom firm after which I established my business as I was tired of working for people. I started with only 600k which I saved from my earnings. Today, my business is worth over 4m USD. We are prominent in the health sector, up to the neighbouring countries of Togo and Benin republic. .

You are such a lucky guy with such impressive funds in your account. I'd advise you plough back the money in your business. No matter how sure your travel agent is, he is not the visa officer whom would approve your visa. Once you get refused, the best he can do is encourage you to try again, citing all manners of sweet stories...except your agent guarantees 100% refund of your money in case you're not successful with your visa applications and none of them can ever do this, so don't dare.

There are viable areas in which you could invest in Edo. I served in ekiadolor in those days as a youth corper, 2001 to be precise. Your land is very good for growing rice, which is hot cake in Nigeria today. You could also invest in vegetable farming. Get the necessary orientation and you'd be glad you did. i have a friend who plants only ugwu in benue. He transports it in trucks to lagos and he is a big boy now. Any legitimate business that could fetch one up to 20m naira in capital is a promising one so, I'd advise you continue in that line, alternatively.

After my poly education, I invested on myself by obtaining trainings abroad on my own. My first country of visit was USA. I sponsored my training programme then. prior to that time, i had not been to any country. Those trainings were relevant to my career. I refused to go for master's degree even though i had the money. I've garnered over 10 training certificates from renown firms globally, including new horizons computer learning centers in USA before one guy brought the franchise to Nigeria. You too can stand tall. Degrees don't translate into money my brother.
The one i had over there was later obtained to boost my resume, not to seek employment. Even in the US, job is scarce for graduates. Ideas now rule the world and not degree certificates. This is an opportunity of a lifetime, utilize it. Courtesy of my business, ive been to virtuality all the western countries. I had the opportunity of meeting with USA president a few years ago. I was the only one invited in the whole of black africa, 2 of us from Africa. A guy was also invited from south Africa. No single Nigerian was cited in that gathering of over 1000 people invited from over 100 countries globally except me...no senator, no governor, no minister from nigeria. The event took place at the daughters of American revolution hall in Washington Dc. At your convenience, you may further your studies on a part time basis just to boost your resume in case you might wish to contest for governorship tomorrow in your state grin and not for the sake of seeking employment.

I have a friend called Ngozi who went to the UK to study law. When she finished she stayed back, no jobs and she decided to venture into what she had a flair for....fashion. she opened a website and posted different designs on it while in the UK. Customers in the diaspora who are always too busy to see a tailor would place their orders and they must pay 100% in advance. Now, ngozi makes up to 2000 punds monthly in profit, from the comfort of her apartment in the UK. Her story has inspirired many. She would send clothes and measurements to her tailor in Lagos to sew for her customers. Her sibling in surulere would package the clothe and send to the customer abroad by courier. Ngozi didn't have a single sewing machine. Her tailor in Nigeria would do all the wahala. She first started with one tailor and now She has 2. The 2 of them are always busy all the year round , doing only Ngozi's work. They work round the clock. Now she's planning to open a fashion line in London.

Please think wisely . I see you as one of the billionaires of the future generation. All the best

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
And the house is even shabby.

It doesn’t expose Nigeria to ridicule in my opinion. I love my country.

It just exposes the ignorance of the person claiming what they don’t know.
Now he’s claiming his friends bought it too.

NothingDoMe:
Orunmila144, if you click the house of $1,000 in the link you'll see the full price. That $1,000 you see there is a monthly mortgage price after paying a certain amount.

Let's face facts America is way better than Nigeria. That's just the simple truth. Trying to compare both will only expose Nigeria to ridicule.

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by carpdiemz: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
nigeriainfo:

Hello, Let me advise you and I want to tell you nothing but the truth. I am here now in the United States presently and I am really advising you to stay back In Nigeria and invest that money in Nigeria. I am telling you this because I know what is actually going on here. Please stay back in Nigeria. Thank you and please heed my advice for your own good

Yes oh I’m not not in the USA but I have friends there that used to complain bitterly about things like America is not longer d way it used to be before , I would advice him to go to canada and used some part of the money to buy a property here
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWh2SBglrXI

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cheap-detroit-houses-auction_n_5148152
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Crispels(m): 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help

Hello, I currently live in the United States but I can tell you that Canada is your best bet. Canada currently has an easy pathway to immigration and its systems are kind of similar to the United States. Go online and read about Canadian residency/express entry
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Ikjosh04: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Silva79:
if I'm not sure I won't say it. My sis ex has over 5 he started with 1 worth 2.5 million.

If I'm to invest 2.5 million in a boat, how much will I be able to get in a day? I'll have to give the boat a comprehensive insurance to avoid stories that touch
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by agrowell: 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
what kind of business?

Continue with the business you did to get N20million, if it is legit
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
I’m sure you didn’t read this before posting it grin

Na so house cheap and everyone in America is not a home owner

Do you know what it would take to bring one of those dumps up to a living standard which is a requirement by the government for purchasing it?

The 60k will varnish and he will go neck deep in debt.

Just bow out gracefully. Stop arguing unnecessarily
orunmila144:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cheap-detroit-houses-auction_n_5148152

3 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Ibiblaze(m): 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please help
I will advise you to invest it here in Nigeria,by buy land and build a house u can keep for rent,two bedroom flat or three,and be getting your millions yearly,you can also buy buses or taxi you can rent out and get paid weekly,invest here in Nigeria,u will not regret it

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Ngugba190(m): 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
nigeriainfo:

Hello, Let me advise you and I want to tell you nothing but the truth. I am here now in the United States presently and I am really advising you to stay back In Nigeria and invest that money in Nigeria. I am telling you this because I know what is actually going on here. Please stay back in Nigeria. Thank you and please heed my advice for your own good
and you are still there, you don’t want to come back

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:
I’m sure you didn’t read this before posting it grin

Na so house cheap and everyone in America is not a home owner
now you have to understand, wherever you get these cheap houses will be rundown gang infested or deserted. people dont buy these cheap houses on an individual basis because that means you will try to move into a deserted or danngerous area all by yourself. you will be killed or robbed everyday. this is why individuals dont buy these houses not because they cant afford it. these types of investments is for people WHO WILL BUY THE WHOLE STREET bbecause in buying the whole street you can then revamp the whole street and then rent it out to decent families who will then protect their street as a unit. gerrit ? so these types of cheap homes investment is not for individual people wanting to buy and live in it. this is why people dont buy them

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by chukxie(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

Please help

If I were you I'd look to Canada. Forget yankee for now. With the money you have, you can build a 4 bedroom bungalow in B-side, process your Canadian runs,and still have some money to take to Canada.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cooljide(m): 1:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
Wow

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by pseudaria: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Muhylonaire:
Kai.
This early morning, abeg no put us for additional depression o. Man wey grad for school at 23/24 self never get 500k for account self.
If you are from Benin, I know your source of income. Anyways, 20m no be small money, just use it well.
Everyone go dey alright last last.

What do you think is his source of income
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by ugolinze123(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

Please help

Bros.. Forget about all this invest in Nigeria blablabla.. You are very young. At 25 you still got a lot to achieve. Canada is your sure bet. Forget about the USA dem no go give you visa weda visa ban or not. With that u can move to canada successfully with a TWP that you can convert to a PR if your employer can get you a lama. My brother the world is evolving and Nigeria is not going same direction. Travel out and go explore the unlimited opportunities out there. Maybe someday you will enter the US from there. I don talk my own.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Finelinks: 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Some people are fortunate o. I know a 21 year old kiddo that makes 2m+ monthly and you'd be surprised what he does. He plays PUBG on his phone and post the videos on YouTube. Money plenty, him no know wetin to do with am other than lavish lifestyle grin

how true is this?

Is the boy a naija boy?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by ridbell01(m): 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
horpigee1:
this is a good business but most people don't have knowledge of it....planting of cash crops like palm oil tree is a good idea.. most of them are not even up to 10yrs, with a single harvest, one could generate all the money one had invested.

I know someone in my area that have palm oil farm, he used to extract more than 1thousand of 25liters of palm oil every year.

there are a lots of things that could be generated from palm oil trees, such as palm kernel, oil, the kernel could also be converted into body and hair dream.. a lots more, this is d business I'll do if I have the money, may God help me.
my brother is a job see someone that I will give me 1.5m I swear I will never search for job in my life again
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Finelinks: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
nurd:

If I were you, Ill start an affiliate marketing as a side hustle. If you work hard (Im sure you can if you already hustle to this level), you can make the money back quickly. You can expend like 5m in it and if done well, youre made. Of course you can also fail, so its a risk. But all business ventures are.

If you go to Empire Flippers, you can see sites earning good morning monthly that you can buy and start making money immediately.

Of course, you have to know affiliate marketing before hand. If you are not savvy, Youtube is your friend. Watch videos on it all day and your learning will be quick.

I just gave you a blueprint that will help you stay in Nigeria and still do extremely well.

Dont go abroad o. That 20m will finish fast.

what blueprint abeg?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Finelinks: 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
emkz:
Please, can you at least tell us what you did in terms in hustling to make that kind of money?

Moving such money to the United States may get you flagged. If your business is legit, stay in Nigeria. Whatever you are doing in Naija that fetches you such money may not be doable in the US or may not be profitable as is in Nigeria.

So tell us, what did you to make such money. And in future, please refrain from announcing your finances in a public forum. EFCC agents are here, and stop thinking you are anonymous. You can be traced.

how can he be traced?

ip?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by NothingDoMe: 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:

Not you. You are not the one exposing Nigeria to ridicule. He is by making comparison where no comparisons exist.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by supereagle(m): 2:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
what kind of business?
You can make it in importation business, but you must be mentored. Wholesale liquor is another one, but I'm a xtain I won't support that. Agro business can be looked into too.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

I have two thoughts.

Will that be advisable?

Please help

This totally depends on what you want going forward, but if you know something, did a biz, or have a skill that gave you 20M in Nigeria at such a young age, why the sudden urge to travel to US? Your description of your circumstance is very vague, hence no well meaning person on this forum will be able to give your better advice, even if they wanted to.

Do your own a business? have a skill or a craft? how did you make your money? that is exactly what will determine your next step. If you had skill or business that made you worth that much money at 25, what are you looking for in US? If this is your case.....the university degree you'll be looking for now should just be an accolade, that means you can choose to attend any university here in Nigeria or even do it online if you so wish. And utilize your money for something better like build a house or so.

But if do have a wish to get back into the education for a career life, then Naija education is next to useless for that.....and your dream is not out of place, go for a lucrative course abroad and begin from there.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by NUkachukwu: 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
Travel to Australia! Thank me later....
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by henrygale(m): 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
badboy92:

Even GoKada CEO has lost millions of capital due to sudden change of government policy
Abi o
Tell them o.
Govt will just bring up one policy one day and knack you akpako.........the 20million and whatever you have made on it will just disappear........nwoke ala! cheesy
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by mechanics(m): 2:47pm On Feb 22, 2020
Just stay back and establish a profitable business.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by gmcln(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
You have dreamed. Wakeup.
Reality is different. Don't leave Nigeria with anything, but "GREEN CARD"
Gabriel. Lorton VA 22079 USA.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Muhylonaire(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
pseudaria:

What do you think is his source of income

LOL...dont worry bro
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by zrocky: 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
must you go to USA, Go to Germany/Canada and you wont regret it. Mauritius is good you can get a UK degree very afforable

i saw someone in the US telling you not to come, my brother kindly ask am y im still dey der. wickedness is in our blood as African people.

Prec1ous:
Seems the "hustle" paid off big time. Do not forget, they do thorough check at the American embassy.

But to be sincere, if I was in your shoes. I will stay back and start a business. I don't know the business but I must find one.

On second thought, that kind of money means you have grown bigger than asking for life changing decisions from strangers.

So let's not deceive ourselves, if you travel with your limited education, you will be dumping your money in a soak away.

20 Million at 25 in Nigeria, what is the name of your start up in Nigeria, your stage name, political office, yahoo format or you sold your family land?

MODIFIED

I did not advise him. I said "if I was in his shoes". If it was me.

I did not say "he should" instead I said "I will".

He is not me. Read between the lines always and understand all context before quoting.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
orunmila144:
if you tell people they think you dont want them too go and enjoy UK. llet them go and find out themself. Go to mental health hospital in UK it is full of depressed nigerians. they think say theyy wan come heaven for UK them come enter hell and their mind couldnt deal with the disappointment and the stress so they went mad. go to any mentall facility in UK its full of nigerians. HELL ON EARTH

Which UK? You have to be specific about condition of people you are talking about

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.