Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Honeymoon Ideas needed,please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honeymoon Ideas needed,please (5210 Views)

Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / Best Place For Low Cost Honeymoon In Nigeria / Where Would You Love to Have Your Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by dustydee: 9:12am On Dec 17, 2010
I am getting married in march 2011 and need ideas on where to take my bride to for honey moon(7 days). please I need suggestions. we are currnetly considering Paris, dubai, The Gambia and Obudu/Tinapa.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by rhodemma: 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2010
how about the carribeans, there are great honeymoon destinations there
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by BigPhil(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
I would recommend Dubai,Burj Al Arab.The hotel is luxury redefined,Spent 6 days there with my family and it was worth every penny.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by BigPhil(m): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2010
I would recommend Dubai,Burj Al Arab.The hotel is luxury redefined,Spent 6 days there with my family and it was worth every penny.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by dustydee: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2010
rhodemma:

how about the carribeans, there are great honeymoon destinations there

thanks, but how do I get there from Nigeria?I also heard it's expensive how much should I be looking at?

BigPhil:

thank you. I'll also consider that. Tot it's a luxury hotel which means more$$$, right? will like to tone it down a little, any other cool place to stay?
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by BigPhil(m): 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2010
Check out Booking.com,you will see lots of hotels at very cheap prices and you don't have to pay any deposit to make a reservation.Cheers
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by AjanleKoko: 6:47am On Dec 22, 2010
If you want glitz plus shopping and urban excitement, try Paris. Spent my honeymoon there. Dubai is also nice for stuff like that, not exactly the same thing though. Also easier to get to from Nigeria. Weather will play an important role, though. I would rather be in Paris in winter than be in Dubai in summer. The heat in Dubai between April and November na die.

If you need a getaway from urban life, try Gambia, or maybe Seychelles, Mauritius, or the Maldives. Great beaches and lots of fun.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by dustydee: 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^thank you
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by dustydee: 11:52am On Dec 29, 2010
AjanleKoko:

If you want glitz plus shopping and urban excitement, try Paris. Spent my honeymoon there. Dubai is also nice for stuff like that, not exactly the same thing though. Also easier to get to from Nigeria. Weather will play an important role, though. I would rather be in Paris in winter than be in Dubai in summer. The heat in Dubai between April and November na die.

If you need a getaway from urban life, try Gambia, or maybe Seychelles, Mauritius, or the Maldives. Great beaches and lots of fun.

how long does it take to get a french visa?[
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by earthrealm(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2010
try maldives, its out of thie world
though u need xxxxxxx dough

http://www.avantgardesafaris.com/Destinations-Maldives.html

seychelles is also cool, cheaper too.

the algareb hotel si too expensive being a 7star hotel.unless u gat like 3m for the trip!!,

egypt is cool especially the red sea resort,
maurituis is also ok, cheap n nice, [my pal don go there 4 im honeymoon]

paris is da bomb.but being dat u wanna go in march.it might not be so good, cos of cold/winter, u really might not be able 2 move around much, depending o how the snow is then
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by DisGuy: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2010
many people ignore OBudu Cattle Ranch

seems people find it easier 'posher' to travel out than visit this place or is there something wrong with this resort?
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by AjanleKoko: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

many people ignore OBudu Cattle Ranch

seems people find it easier 'posher' to travel out than visit this place or is there something wrong with this resort?

I don't think so. But don't blame people. Most of these resorts don't even try to sell themselves.
There are deals all over the place, even with airlines, for trips to a bunch of resorts in Ghana. But I never heard of anything from Obudu. Seems they have more than enough business they can handle, thanks to the Calabar carnival, or they don't understand tourism biz.

I would rather do Obudu than Ghana. I did Ghana last year on a weekend, and it was crap.

dustydee:

how long does it take to get a french visa?[

Schengen visa these days takes on average about 15 working days.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by dustydee: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2010
trust me, a trip to Ghana may becheaper than one to Obudu.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by DisGuy: 9:25am On Dec 31, 2010
AjanleKoko:

I don't think so. But don't blame people. Most of these resorts don't even try to sell themselves.
There are deals all over the place, even with airlines, for trips to a bunch of resorts in Ghana. But I never heard of anything from Obudu. Seems they have more than enough business they can handle, thanks to the Calabar carnival, or they don't understand tourism biz.

I would rather do Obudu than Ghana. I did Ghana last year on a weekend, and it was crap.

Schengen visa these days takes on average about 15 working days.

dustydee:

trust me, a trip to Ghana may becheaper than one to Obudu.

Too true, I remember some time early this year, a co-worker, got an inclusive deal for Egypt, 14days flight plus Accommodation for only £499 booked 6weeks in advance But somewhere on nairaland i read the hotels around there charge more than £100/night and in some cases there are no direct flights to Obudu

They need to start developing packages for these resort or maybe they are just targeting govt officials alone
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by AjanleKoko: 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
Dis Guy:

Too true, I remember some time early this year, a co-worker, got an inclusive deal for Egypt, 14days flight plus Accommodation for only £499 booked 6weeks in advance But somewhere on nairaland i read the hotels around there charge more than £100/night and in some cases there are no direct flights to Obudu

They need to start developing packages for these resort or maybe they are just targeting govt officials alone

You know there's some sort of 'niche' perception in Nigeria. Hotels in Lagos go for about $250-500 (cheapest rates). I'm sure the Obudu ranch is probably fully booked for getaways by government officials. You hardly hear any form of marketing. There are direct flights to Calabar, and coaches from Calabar to Obudu, funny enough.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by usbcable(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2011
who has ideas on places of interest for honeymoon in ghana?

I checked obudu in Nigeria's website and I felt irked by the fact that they dont have 24/7 electricity supply you have to pay(>$100/hr shocked) when the gen is switched off. cry

what kind off resort offers part-time electricity.

I would have opted for yankari but boko haram no gree my mind grin.

And if there are other nice places in nigeria, would appreciate a little more info.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by AjanleKoko: 7:22am On Jan 02, 2011
@usbcable, try Gambia instead. Ghana is over-rated.

usbcable:

who has ideas on places of interest for honeymoon in ghana?

I checked obudu in Nigeria's website and I felt irked by the fact that they dont have 24/7 electricity supply you have to pay(>$100/hr shocked) when the gen is switched off. cry

what kind off resort offers part-time electricity.

Abi oo.
I heard about a place called Kajuru castle in Kaduna, but all these Northern destinations, one have to be careful these days.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by orbaxy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2011
@OP, I've been to Obudu severally, its quite affordable and very exotic. Lots of attraction and adventure.
Dubai is very cool but talking about burj l'arab, its very verry expensive. you can try palm jumaira if you wanna be close to the beach. Otherwise California hotels (deira dubai), Dubai palm (close to sharaton) near albraha are very cool hotels. I don't always recommend hotels in deira because of the Nigerian "agboros" that are always stalking around there. Good luck bro.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by yemigeorge: 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2011
Check our customized WEDDING PHOTO AND HONEYMOON for your memorable honeymoon package.This is our 11thyear in business. For futher enquiries, check the attached handbill; do not hesitate to contact us on 08023078698, +233260759461, +233541231543 or email breakthroughwl@yahoo.com

Yours truly,
‘YEMI ADEGOKE (M.Ed)
Director BWI
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by Orton10(m): 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2011
dustydee:

I am getting married in march 2011 and need ideas on where to take my bride to for honey moon(7 days). please I need suggestions. we are currnetly considering Paris, dubai, The Gambia and Obudu/Tinapa.

Try Kalambaina Park, Alh. Magatakarda Rd, Sokoto.
Re: Honeymoon Ideas needed,please by yemigeorge: 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2011
Check our customized WEDDING PHOTO AND HONEYMOON for your memorable honeymoon package.This is our 11thyear in business. For futher enquiries, check the attached handbill; do not hesitate to contact us on 08023078698, +233260759461, +233541231543 or email breakthroughwl@yahoo.com

Yours truly,
‘YEMI ADEGOKE (M.Ed)
Director BWI

(1) (Reply)

Work And Study In Malaysia - Tuition Fee: $1100-$1300/year / Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? / Her Uk Travel Woes; Any Recourse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.