Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) (40810 Views)

About Our Visit To Nike Art Gallery, Lekki / (NOSA PEN ART) My Art Gallery. / GALLANTCREATIVE DESIGN GALLERY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Experiencenaija: 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Nike Art Gallery is one of the most foremost Art House in Nigeria.
It was founded by Chief (Mrs.) Oyenike Monica Okundaye whom is also known as "Nike" a short form of ‘Oyenike’, solely from her earnings as an artist without governmental assistance. Hence, the name of the gallery ‘Nike Art Gallery’.

The establishment started in 1983 which was open with 20 young girls marching the streets in Osogbo aimlessly with no hopes of the future. She withdrew the girls from the street giving them a new life through art. Where they got free food, materials, and accommodation. Furthermore gifting them with how to earn a living through art-making. The success of 20 young girls paved the way for over 3000 young Nigerians, who have been trained in the center and currently earning a decent living from it. Many African countries now send their students to study textile art at the center.

Nike Art Galleries has 3 branches at Osogbo, Ogidi-Ijumu, and Abuja. She has a unique style in textile design and painting garnered international recognition bringing her a lot of fame and fortune.

An art curator that would love to explore for more than a day will be able to settle in one of the comfortable rooms available in the center. To indulge in the art with little or no disturbance, you will want to go during the off-season. That is, it is best to avoid public holidays and festive periods for their usually are large numbers of visitors.

Watch and don't forget to subscribe for more amazing contents -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLC0lfalGxg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Experiencenaija: 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
And please remember to subscribe to our channel.it motivates us to churn out more great contents.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfa4NlkMRnnfk1fXaDnaBdA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Slawormir: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice and beautiful
All art is but imitation of nature

Am going to pay a visit
Nickshrapnel:
Freedom of speech
Nickshrapnel:
Well under the nairaland rule, the man ain’t breaking any law

Damnnnnn niggarrr
You are a real niggarrr
I can see you are defending my asss
Real niggarrrz got real niggarrrz back

I owe you some bottles. Especially if you are in Benin city. Then i will add enough weed to it
Send me a message. Let me drop my number for you
But it is going to be an Italian number or Mexican number.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by WalkerMichael(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
3 branches? What of the one in Lekki, Lagos?

8 Likes

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by witsel4(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
Very good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by tophumble(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Cool.

This is a beautiful sight to behold.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kinda looks similar to Addidas gallery

6 Likes

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by LordAzubuike(f): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Silverbird gallery was the best I ever visited. It was around 2008. Don't k ow if it still exist.

There I saw jaw dropping artworks ...Some worth millions of naira I wouldn't even hesitate to buy if I had a few millions to spare. Art is life.

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Glorylynn: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
The surest way of being outstanding in life is by doing what you have passion for, a lot of parents have misled their children by imposing a career on them which is why they will remain a random person in the society.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Desummy: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Beautiful
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Adicsonbaba(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nice
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by tosine102: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
undecided
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Nickshrapnel: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by philip0906(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice

3 Likes

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by StrikeBack(m): 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
Okay
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by namiji2598: 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
grin cheesy
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by 9jaBloke: 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2020
smiley I know her. I spent considerable time in that laid back town and I've been everywhere that's somewhere: Osun-Osogbo sacred Grove, Ataoja's palace, Nike Art Gallery, Museum of Arts, Susan Wenger's House etc. I remember the annual festival: Okonfo and his white children and the late Adunni Olorisa.

5 Likes

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by LegendHero(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nice one
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by 9jamag(m): 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Top notch
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by felai: 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
Related to the one in Lagos?
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Ofemmanu1: 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Kinda looks similar to Addidas gallery
SMH
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by sylve11: 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
LordAzubuike:
Art is life.

That's all I want to hear. wink cool
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by easyfem(m): 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
Is it Nike or nikè

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Thefxchanger: 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
looks great
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by sylve11: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Artist are underrated/underpaid in Nigeria, hope this will change in the coming years

They earn their living from their artworks. Not sure if they are employed by any government parastatal. cool
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
Person never chop Nah art gallery make he go watch.....will watching art and crafts put food for his table? Abeg, make I go play bet naija wether I fit win...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by HORLADSTAR(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
what can I say
Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Joystark(f): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
She's an outstanding woman.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Sirmuel1(m): 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
I have missed Mama Nike

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by shogsman(m): 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice and beautiful
All art is but imitation of nature

Am going to pay a visit

No one cares even if you decide to go this evening, so stop shouting nigga up and down like a Bush boy that only have access to Tv once in a month.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) by Nickshrapnel: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
sylve11:

They earn their living from their artworks. Not sure if they are employed by any government parastatal. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blender3d : Topic On Nairaland (graphics/video) By Amhatu W. / Emediong Udnak Uko's Artwork About Lagbaja Exhibited In Cyprus Museum / Hakeem Onilogbo: The Creative Works Of Nollywood Make-Up Artist (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.