Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? (841 Views)

Push Me To The Wall And We’ll Move To Another Party, Amaechi Warns PDP / Gej To Win Under Another Party / Will You Vote For Fashola Under Another Party? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by egift(m): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2010
The general understanding is that in PDP's Zoning arrangement - its that of the North in 2011. If President Jonathan wishes to contest the 2011 election, he have dozens of other party who do not have such arrangements and contest there - Problem solved.

Why has he chosen to remain in PDP and flout the arrangements which is binding on every member of the party?
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 17, 2010
he doesnt have the political structure to win any election in nigeria so leaving pdp will be a political suicide for him, people need to travel and know whats going on in other parts of this country, abuja,lagos and ph is not all about NIGERIA.i have been to core norths and middle belt states and i can tell you that GEJ cant win in those states. HE IS A POLITICAL WEAKLING.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 17, 2010
I feel his real wahala will start after the primaries - win or loss
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by egift(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2010
chuks01:

he doesnt have the political structure to win any election in nigeria so leaving pdp will be a political suicide for him, people need to travel and know whats going on in other parts of this country, abuja,lagos and ph is not all about NIGERIA.i have been to core norths and middle belt states and i can tell you that GEJ cant win in those states. HE IS A POLITICAL WEAKLING.

But is it not more suicidal remaining in PDP since he could have more goodwill with Nigerian without the tag of PDP? I think he is less strategic with his ambition.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Nsiman(m): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2010
e-gift, so u don't want gej as president? If gej do that, his down-fall starts there
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Blazay(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2010
Because PDP is the largest one-party system in Nigeria with the most effective, corruptive, economic clout and influence to manipulate the s-election process significantly without questionable credibility. There is safety in numbers. As it is now, the next Nigerian president is going to come from PDP. . . the PHCN of INEC.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by egift(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2010
Nsiman:

e-gift, so u don't want gej as president? If gej do that, his down-fall starts there

What do you mean? Most times I wonder if all this rant of yours for GEJ is really a support for him. For you, anyone not drinking the Jonathan's liquor - must be an Enemy and Atiku supporter.

I have no problem if GEJ contests the 2011 elections. But unlike you, I don't believe he have to Jail everyone who says no, release his dogs after anyone who opposes, insult, bribe, steal, pal with criminals, befriend all the known corrupt politician in Nigeria and breakdown the system just for him  to be able to get elected.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Nsiman(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2010
egift, i don't think u are politically. Whoever God wishes shld be nigeria's president i k not
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Nsiman(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2010
egift, i don't think u are politically. Whoever God wishes shld be nigeria's president i k not
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by sochan: 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2010
Guys e-gift is right. GEJ should leave PDP which is fast becoming a dying party. I am of the opinion they will not have things thier own way come 2011.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by 1025: 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2010
Guys e-gift is right. GEJ should leave PDP which is fast becoming a dying party. I am of the opinion they will not have things thier own way come 2011.

@sochan,
gej has never is his life time won election for the first time. he had every opportunity to make things right for himself to context and win 2011 but he choose not to because he trusted so much in obasanjo and his imposition powers.
if anyone has the opportunity to be the president of nigeria for 2 months, that one can make certain moves in the right directions and attract the attentions of nigerians but what do we have here? a president who spends more time on facebook than the problems of nigerians.
jonathan appointed jega who is waiting to do another iwu magic.
like atiku said, nigeria is head to war. if jonathan leaves pdp, he is finished. he would have been smart enough to use sambo and become his vice and show his face in 2015 and everything will be his.
the problem we have here is loyality as obasanjo finds it difficult to get another loyal man to obasanjo for fear of insecurity.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Dede1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2010
The issue is not leaving PDP but lack of political game plan and immature political structure in the jungle called Nigeria. There are clauses within the working documents of each of the political parties that stipulate the duration of membership before any party member can seek for political offices under such party’s platform. Also there is a waver clause the intended party could employ in such circumstances. I think GEJ knew about these circumstances and decided to rock PDP’s boat with respect to section 7-2C of the party’s constitution. I guess he must be a fool relying on the power of incumbency to run the dirty shroud over PDP.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by marcdunu: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2010
ARTICLE 2
SUPREMACY OF THE PARTY CONSTITUTION
Subject to the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria, this Constitution shall be supreme and its provisions shall have
binding force on all members and organs of the party.

http://www.peoplesdemocraticparty.net/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=34&Itemid=37

The Civilised thing for Jonathan to do is to leave the PDP. A court of law has recognised PDP's right to have zoning in its constitution and has also said it should be binding on all it members.

The best way for Jonathan to dissociate himself with zoning, is to quit PDP. If he remains in PDP he has the moral burden of participating in a process which a susbstantive court Judgement insinuates he should not participate. This is a recipe for lawlessness.

Let him leave PDP if he can not respect zoning. There is no need causing confusion in the country.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Crownvilla(m): 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
The ANPP have modified their constitution to allow anybody from anywhere to join tham and participate in their primaries for elective office in 2011. In a nutshell, they will wellcome a Goodluck Jonathan or Atiku Abubakar to try their luck at their primaries and if successful run for the presidency on their platform.

I think that after the PDP primaries the loser and his supporters will decamp and try their luck elsewhere.  grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by homerac7: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ OP,

U expressed my mind fully. Dos points r y I refuse to support d president. He simply hasn't proven to b above d regular board by his deliberate fowl of d party law. If he can do dt brazenly, God help d nigerian laws if he ever becomes d next president. He has shown unfaithfulness in smaller matters(PDP), how can I (or we) entrust him wt bigger sacred responsibility?

If patriotism has truly driven him and he feels he must stay in d party, why not sponsor a competent n trusted successor like tinubu/fashola in lagos. He retires and keeps his ideology alive.

Basically, I think he's badly advised. If he goes ahead and bulldoze his way through, he may have murdered sleep. If he must contest, respect d constitution n change party, otherwise just go away!
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Akanbiedu(m): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2010
chuks01:

he doesnt have the political structure to win any election  in nigeria so leaving pdp will be a political suicide for him, people need to travel and know whats going on in other parts of  this country, abuja,lagos and ph is not all about NIGERIA.i have been to core norths and middle belt states and i can tell you that GEJ cant win in those states. HE IS A POLITICAL WEAKLING.

He is an opportunist. period!

He never built a political structure before and now that he found himself in office, he wants to take advantage. No serious party member will take a gamble with a man like that.

Trust me, if you have never built a structure before, you can never appreciate what it takes. Hence, the divisive politics he has been playing since he came to office. Thinking he can play north/south, christian/muslim divide to ride to power.

This kind of behavior poses a systemic risk to everybody. By now he should have known that the office of president in Nigeria is essentially an agreement between the elites.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by naso2(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2010
marcdunu:

ARTICLE 2
SUPREMACY OF THE PARTY CONSTITUTION
[size=15pt]Subject[/size] to the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria, this Constitution shall be supreme and its provisions shall have
binding force on all members and organs of the party.

I hope you understand the bolded text clearly?
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Blazay2: 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2010
^^^

Of course OBJ sat on it for 8 years so it would not be binding. Na lie im dey laugh o!
Why do you think the old monkey is laughing?
It is binding!
Prepare for war! cool
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by marcdunu: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2010
na_so:

I hope you understand the bolded text clearly?

Interprete the bolded text let us hear?

Also include in your interpretations the recent substantive Court Judgement by Justice Gunmi on this matter.

Put all of it in perspective let us hear.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Obiagu1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2010
Let him remain there, he will die like Samuel Doe if he doesn't take time. He wants to create problem in the country due to greed.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by egift(m): 12:11am On Dec 18, 2010
^^^
Maybe just playing the script his handler (Obj) gave him grin
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by wakima: 12:41am On Dec 18, 2010
with dora akunyili sending the signal of what the igbos want to do.
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Dec 18, 2010
egift:

The general understanding is that in PDP's Zoning arrangement - its that of the North in 2011. If President Jonathan wishes to contest the 2011 election, he have dozens of other party who do not have such arrangements and contest there - Problem solved.

Why has he chosen to remain in PDP and flout the arrangements which is binding on every member of the party?

QUESTIONS

a) Jonathan rode the zoning train to where he is today -- if he hadn't, you and I would probably never have heard of his name to date -- so why would he want to abandon the ship now that he probably needs it to continue propping him up all the way?

b)What does he stand to leaving PDP when the chances are slim to none that he will not loose if he leaves the only party that makes him relevant?

c) Do you somehow suppose the Nigerian people, knowing of his record during his time in Bayelsa state, and then as Yar adua's backman, and now president of the country, will vote for him knowing he has near accomplished nothing in his 12 years in politics?
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by kobojokobo: 2:28am On Dec 18, 2010
^^^

What makes you think he has not accomplished anything in the last 12 years?

I agree with everything else you said!

If he were to jump ship, he still would be successful, provided OBJ supports him!
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by egift(m): 6:39am On Dec 18, 2010
kobojokobo:

^^^

What makes you think he has not accomplished anything in the last 12 years?

I agree with everything else you said!

If he were to jump ship, he still would be successful, provided OBJ supports him!

Why not start be enumerating his achievements?
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by kobojokobo: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2010
^^^^

Take for instance, the little time that he is in full power in this country. He has been able to improve the electricity supply, increase the workers wages, and maintain industrial harmony among workers
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Kobojunkie: 7:58am On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

[size=15pt]ROFLMAO!!! [/size]

and it is not even April fool oooh! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2010
I am still waiting for the list of his achievements in the last 12 years in politics. . . . I believe we started that back about 3/4 years ago and we are still working on one . .  lol
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by kobojokobo: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2010
^^^^

Obviously, I am not from Bayelsa

And A year at the helms is not enough to do something in politics

The fact that we are still together, giving the volatile nature of the polity, is a big achievement IMHO

Believe it or not, Presidents are no more than managers
All they do is manage, no original ideas, and in that respect, he is no worse than anyone else. My point is that compared to others before him, he has not done bad!
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am still waiting for the list of his achievements in the last 12 years in politics. . . . I believe we started that back about 3/4 years ago and we are still working on one . .  lol
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by kobojokobo: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2010
Forget about it!

You obviously arent being rational!
Re: Why Can't Goodluck Change To Another Party? by egift(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2010
kobojokobo:

^^^^

Obviously, I am not from Bayelsa

And A year at the helms is not enough to do something in politics

The fact that we are still together, giving the volatile nature of the polity, is a big achievement IMHO

Believe it or not, Presidents are no more than managers
All they do is manage, no original ideas, and in that respect, he is no worse than anyone else. My point is that compared to others before him, he has not done bad!

@The Part In Bold:
We are not talking about how he have play politics - but what he have achieved in Leadership. As a leader what has he done?

(1) (Reply)

Now That Azikiwe Is Gone, Ojikwu Is Down: Who Will Go For Us? / Egypt Just Got Bambozled / Acn, Anpp Petition Jonathan Over Alleged Intimidation !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.