Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,037 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions (49740 Views)

Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
ojaysam25:

Ferguson did not coach one team all his life....google is your friend,he coached various Scottish club like Aberdeen before he finally move to coaching man utd
How many trophies did he won at Aberdeen?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by FirstbornWds: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
cr7lomo:
Hu cares about goal contribution...only Messi fans are the ones carrying assists on their head like gala... The world of soccer never taken assists serious , that's y no one kept records of maradonas assists or Pele or Cruyff ... U Messi fans will not let anyone rest on top ordinary assist that even goal keepers give ... I have never seen best assist or golden assist award in the balon d'Or or in any league... Una Messi fans no de shame ooo.. I can bet that Pele and romario had over 1000 goal contribution ...but they only cared about their goals scored

Lol. You better check well to see.

Messi is the only player to have 1k+ goal contributions. His "acclaimed " rival is just celebrating 1k appearances.

The truth is.

You can't cover Messi's glory for long using reverse Propaganda .

This is a VAR era!!!

The first Footballer to win Laurels sport award

The first Footballer to have 1000 goals contributions

He is not just a great goal scorer, he is also a Playmaking Legend!!!!

If you are a great playmaker like Messi, you will win at least 2 Ballon d'ors

If you are a great scorer like Messi, you can win 4-5 Ballon d'ors especially if you are under Perez in the Pre-VAR era!!!

But you see, you have to be in the original standard of football level (Messi) to be able to match 6 Ballon D'or an more ( Messi will still have to win it 2-4 times before retiring)

Messi is the greatest Footballer of all time. Not just now, even better than the past players that the world knew.

I can't say about the future though.

6 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by femixville(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
wwwihy:
Leo Messi, the first player ever in the history of Football to reach goal contributions.
Goals + Assists

https://mobile.twitter.com/adidasfootball/status/1231270610917036032

Atleast Fans must create another English to give honour to who they like, just like VAR do show on screen different English in Epl to do ojoro..
Like "no serious foul" wetin be no serious foul, na until they kill each other serious foul go dey..

now na Messi goal contribution..
tell me how many career goals he don score
As Cristy scored 724 career goals already, assist is not included clearly known.. but, Messi fans just won lift Messi higher sha.. Both are legends and they trail each other as far as goal is concerned, both are machines..
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
Willie2015:

Ferguson coached Aberdeen......
Win three Scottish league championships, four Scottish Cups ...
the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1983...
Managed Scotland ..take them to 1986 world cup...
B/4 movin... to Man U... for long stay....
If Messi is afraid to go outside Spain...
We have Athletic Madrid and Real Madrid... those are top clubs in Spain....
Now Mourinho has won titles with Chelsea, inter Milan, Madrid, Chelsea again and Man United.

Anceloti has won trophies with Milan, Madrid, Bayern and Chelsea.

Pep has won trophies with Barca, Bayern and Man City.

Ferguson never left Britain, he stayed where officials would do his bidding.
SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by oluwatosink: 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
Asour:

If Laliga was merely an easy place to score than at other leagues (as your theory suggests), why has the Top scorers of the UEFA CL in the last 10 yrs always come from Laliga and not these other "stronger" scoring leagues?
Barça and Madrid are the team that have won ucl in the last ten yrs in Spain. They keep buying players from epl(ronaldo,bale,suarez..)and other leagues to strengthen their squad for them to win ucl.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
wwwihy:
Leo Messi, the first player ever in the history of Football to reach goal contributions.
Goals + Assists

https://mobile.twitter.com/adidasfootball/status/1231270610917036032

Fake false news.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
ThierryJay:
See performance. Pls wake me up when CR7 achieve this kind of performance in a single match. Just look at the sheer quality of the goals, something penaldo can never match. All his hattricks, na penalty and tap-ins. Nothing ingenious like Messi's output.

Messi has always been more than just goals. I have always said this. The goals are just the icing on the cake. It's the play, the dribble, that feint, the mesmerizing sprint, the subtle pass, nutmeg, the slalom, the precision, unparalleled vision, name it! That's what we are talking about. That's what we got with breathtaking Ronaldinho even though Eto'o was scoring more goals; with Zidane even though Raul was scoring more goals. That's pure football artistry which sadly is what CR7 fans can never understand.

The above notwithstanding, please note this below:

Permit me to say this...

YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!

You just summed-up my thoughts on Messi. His game is more than just the goals. The goals and assists are only parts of his game.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Willie2015: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
kingkakaone:

Now Mourinho has won titles with Chelsea, inter Milan, Madrid, Chelsea again and Man United.

Anceloti has won trophies with Milan, Madrid, Bayern and Chelsea.

Pep has won trophies with Barca, Bayern and Man City.

Ferguson never left Britain, he stayed where officials would do his bidding.
SMH.

At least...
Ferguson changed clubs....
From Aberdeen to Man U...
Different leagues...
Even if it is within Great Britain...
Pls tell Messi to change clubs...
Even if it is R Madrid or Athl Madrid. in Spain..
This is already 17 years in Barcelona...

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
femixville:

Atleast Fans must create another English to give honour to who they like, just like VAR do show on screen different English in Epl to do ojoro..
Like "no serious foul" wetin be no serious foul, na until they kill each other serious foul go dey..

now na Messi goal contribution..
tell me how many career goals he don score
As Cristy scored 724 career goals already, assist is not included clearly known.. but, Messi fans just won lift Messi higher sha.. Both are legends and they trail each other as far as goal is concerned, both are machines..
725 in 1000 games
Vs 696 in 853 games which is better!! grin

Cristiano goal ratio= 0.725
Messi goal ratio= 0.816

If you add all goals and assists of Ronaldo, it"s not up to 950 goal contributions in 1000 match!!!!

Ronaldo is at a distant 2nd compared to Messi's career stat!!!

7 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Chiemeka1: 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
Who will tell me if Messi is not the GOAT.

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Omar09(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
Martinez39s:
I am Man Utd fan and naturally a Ronaldo fan. However, if we must say the truth, Messi is better than Ronaldo and he is the best player on planet Earth. Shikena

Bro, talk that thing again and two of us will fight.

How dare you disrespect Cr7?

You want to die?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by femi4: 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
kingkakaone:

How many trophies did he won win at Aberdeen?
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
Omar09:

You want to die?
People just like this Dubai d'or winner!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by femi4: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
Omar09:

You want to die?
Be truthful my daughter
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Willie2015: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:
Is that the reason why Raul failed to win the Ballon d'or despite playing in Real Madrid for 17 seasons?? grin

Playing for 1 club must be very easy for him undecided

Even Raul changed club from R Madrid...
To Schalke ....
This is already 17 yrs in Barca...
It is time fo Messi to change clubs...
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Willie2015:

To Schalke ....
grin you people want him to leave Barcelona so bad. He won't leave,go and die if it pain you cry

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Willie2015:

At least...
Ferguson changed clubs....
From Aberdeen to Man U...
Different leagues...
Even if it is within Great Britain...
Pls tell Messi to change clubs...
Even if it is R Madrid or Athl Madrid. in Spain..
This is already 17 years in Barcelona...

Now you accepted that by your logic, Alex is nowhere near Pep, Anceloti and Mourinho.
At least you agreed to one thing.

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
Messi scored some good goals against Eibar. It is just for Argentina, in the big moments, that Messi has problems ...
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Martinez39s(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
Omar09:

You want to die?
grin grin grin No kee yourself on top football matter. Ronaldo is an exceptional player, no doubt, but Messi is the best. I didn't disrespect Ronaldo. We can agree to disagree. wink

3 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Omar09(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:
People just like this Dubai d'or winner!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Omar09(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Martinez39s:
grin grin grin No kee yourself on top football matter. Ronaldo is an exceptional player, no doubt, but Messi is the best. I didn't disrespect Ronaldo. We can agree to disagree. wink

Choose the time and place you want to die!
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
Willie2015:

To Schalke ....
Raul played in real Madrid for 17 seasons without any Ballon d'or to show for it despite playing with better teammates!!!

Messi is playing his 15 and half season with Barcelona, and has already won 6 Ballon d'ors...

If winning awards is easy by a one club player, ask Raul!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Willie2015: 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
kingkakaone:

Now you accepted that by your logic, Alex is nowhere near Pep, Anceloti and Mourinho.
At least you agreed to one thing.

I did not agree to anythin!
My friend!
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Martinez39s(m): 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
Omar09:

Choose the time and place you want to die!
I'm in my house, come and beat me. tongue

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by FuckThaMod: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
EMboz:
So being in love with Messi makes you a wise person? Don’t be miserable!!
I'm with you.. U misunderstood my quote
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by michealoluwaseyi(m): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:
Eder is Cristiano saviour!!!
am sure u knw dat alexis sanchez has defeated messi in two international final so who is messi,s saviour maybe higuain
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Martinez39s(m): 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:
Raul played in real Madrid for 17 seasons without any Ballon d'or to show for it despite playing with better teammates!!!

Messi is playing his 15 and half season with Barcelona, and has already won 6 Ballon d'ors...

People that are saying Messi is not good because he is a one club man should tell me if Ryan Giggs, Puyol, Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Francesco Totti, etc. were bad players. grin
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by GEEBITE: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
You said that because you didnr know for Aberdeen Fergie won three league titles and one European cup beating Real Madrid in the final. Since he left them,they are yet to win another league title.He also took Scotland to 1986 world cup after which he joined man utd. Use another coach as analogy.
kingkakaone:

Pep, Jose, Klopp and Mourinho are better managers than Alex Ferguson if we go by your logic.

Agreed?
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Willie2015: 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:

We are comparin...Ronaldo and Messi...
2 top competitors....Ronaldo has transverses across leagues... ..
England, Spain and now Italy... Almost all the best league in the world...
Place Messi in a typical England team that play....
Kick and follow football.....
Or a Juventus team that play boring...
Defensive style......
U will understand that Messi is an average player .....
Outside the Barcelona tick -taka offensive style of play....
No wonder he could not achieve any other success outside Barca.
Cant even win a common Copa America...
Haba ..
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by jaxxy(m): 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
haywire07:
The mods don't promote anything Messi but if it were to be tapaldo, it would be on FP already.

Well, we know our GOAT and we cannot but appreciate that such a legend played in our lifetime.

Messi isn’t a good as he used to be bt Ronaldo is as good as he’s ever been and increasing.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Willie2015: 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
Martinez39s:
People that are saying Messi is not good because he is a one club man should tell me if Ryan Giggs, Puyol, Maldini, Steven Gerrard, Francesco Totti, etc. were bad players. grin

They are great players ....
But not the Best....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Daniel Amokachi And His Wife And Children Spend Time Together. PICS / Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal / Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.