Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Rewards Of Righteousness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rewards Of Righteousness (5643 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? / Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Amanda4life: 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
isram:
Everyone can comment here, without first accepting Jesus as Lord and saviour.

But on Islamic topic you must accept that rubbish to comment .

Seun the Islamic fanatic

Yes ,

What you said is true.
Before you can comment on any Islamic topic

A page will pop out requesting that you accept Islam. But our Christian topics are not like that

Why.

So the owner of this nairaland is an ISLAMIC Fanatic like my. ,,,,,presi?
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by festus2001: 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
True talk.
Happy Sunday to you all.
Jesus Christ is lord.
Without Christ, your body is fully empty. One must be born again which is the only way to heaven.
This is not about criticizing, but the truth.
Remain ever blessed
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by rasaqadeseun(m): 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nice one....
Do you know you can get a website for your business for just 23,000 Naira?
Kindly contact me 08103256961.
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by smat101(m): 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
infini771:
Righteousness is a gift
Only few will understand... but I Pray the eyes of Christians open to this truth
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by smat101(m): 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
kayuseful:
I hope the OP is not trying to paint self-righteousness of dead works.
If you believe in Christ, just know you have been made righteous freely and for ever. Therefore all rewards mentioned above are freely yours.
Amen
And hope you don't see Christ Righteousness as a license to sin...but an empowerment to be Holy
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
chefremy:
Happy sunday people, like if you didn't go to church
grin
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by desiredhome: 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
kayuseful:

Read that Rom 6 further, and you will see it's not the grace that will be taken if we "continue in sin",rather it is the ability to continue in sin that is no more there.. For he saith
"How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein"

It is "how shall we", not "how shall grace"
It's sin that's snuffed out by continual grace, not the other way around.
BTW God's blessings are unmerited. They are gifts, not rewards. For by strength shall no man prevail
The word of God is truth and doesn't change, grace is upon us and we are saved by his grace.
Stealing, looting, barring false witness against another, scamming, kidnapping, cheating.......are all sin and evil of our time and the consequence of all these evils are the reason there is no peace
You can not engage in these sins and expect that grace will cover you, hence the quotation. no matter your believe or religion when you sin you will also receive multiple of wickness.
What so ever a man soweth so shall he reap.
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by mrZENographer: 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
The Crowns of the Saints

Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by EseEriata: 8:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
post=86883149:
Blessed are the righteous.......

Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by kayuseful: 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
desiredhome:

The word of God is truth and doesn't change, grace is upon us and we are saved by his grace.
Stealing, looting, barring false witness against another, scamming, kidnapping, cheating.......are all sin and evil of our time and the consequence of all these evils are the reason there is no peace
You can not engage in these sins and expect that grace will cover you, hence the quotation. no matter your believe or religion when you sin you will also receive multiple of wickness.
What so ever a man soweth so shall he reap.

I stopped reading when I saw the bolded.
We're definitely not speaking from the same Christ-centred viewpoint, so no point.

What Christ teaches is different from what general religion does.
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by kayuseful: 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
smat101:

And hope you don't see Christ Righteousness as a license to sin...but an empowerment to be Holy
Licence to sin, topic for another day..
Just accept being the righteousness of God in Christ first
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by desiredhome: 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
kayuseful:

I stopped reading when I saw the bolded.
We're definitely not speaking from the same Christ-centred viewpoint, so no point.

What Christ teaches is different from what general religion does.
God is not an author of confusion, the simple law of nature is you do the right thing (righteousness) irrespective of your believe.
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by goodychet: 3:18am On Feb 24, 2020
Righteousness saves
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by kayuseful: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
desiredhome:

God is not an author of confusion, the simple law of nature is you do the right thing (righteousness) irrespective of your believe.
And I am preaching from Bible, not nature. That's why I can only respect your right to your opinion, we can never agree
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by desiredhome: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2020
kayuseful:

And I am preaching from Bible, not nature. That's why I can only respect your right to your opinion, we can never agree
Please I need to understand the never agree statement, I am a Christian and I don't see other religion or other people's believe as less important because we are all same human being, with one God.
I don't need to hate them because they don't belong to my religion.
Please educate me
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by kayuseful: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2020
desiredhome:

Please I need to understand the never agree statement, I am a Christian and I don't see other religion or other people's believe as less important because we are all same human being, with one God.
I don't need to hate them because they don't belong to my religion.
Please educate me
I also need you to explain to me how one can claim to believe in the creed of Christianity and still believe other contrary religions are not "less important" as well.
For example, the Christians know and affirm that Jesus is son of God who died for the world and came back. Other views mock that there's nothing like the resurrection and God cannot have a son. How can one believe the two
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On May 26, 2021
kristonium:

Believers are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! Hallelujah �
Only the Righteous are Righteous. Recall that Hell itself, a domain within the Kingdom of God, will also be filled with Believers. undecided
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On May 06, 2023
post=86883149:
Blessed are the righteous.......
meaning the unrighteous are not blessed by God. Which makes sense since God said that the prayers, works, offerings, and submissions of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination to God. God doesn't answer the prayers of the unrighteous nor accept anything they offer to Him including their many praises which they suppose they give to Him with dirty hands. undecided

Not holding brief for OP by the way since OP comes from a place of serious contradictions -unrighteousness. undecided
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On May 08, 2023
kristonium:
■ Believers are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! Hallelujah �
According to Jesus Christ except your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees, you will never enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. So, I hope you don't take that claim there to mean that you are automatically granted Righteousness in Jesus Christ who instead urged you to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and God's Righteousness. undecided
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On May 10, 2023
Myer:
■ True. Is there any way Christians should live or not live?
1. I am afraid that is a lie since Jesus Christ never said His righteousness which He obtained by following the Old Law in the Land of Canaan covered God's requirement for righteousness in His new Law and Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On May 13, 2023
BlueAngel444:
I wonder why some people, pulpit speakers don't teach the beatitudes when teaching blessing
Because they are all equally ignorant of the living of the beatitudes. undecided
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On May 15, 2023
infini771:
Righteousness is a gift
According to Jesus Christ, God's righteousness is instead a reward that awaits those who hunger and thirst for God's righteousness this by seeking first the Kingdom of God(Holiness), and then God's righteousness. So, how can it be considered a gift when instead it is an approval given by God to those who meet up with His standard of righteousness? undecided
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On May 26, 2023
priscaoge:
God shall supply ALL your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. cool‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:19‬‬
Jesus Christ said to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and God's righteousness so that all these things — the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God including all your needs —shall be added onto you. So, if you expect God to supply all your needs in your unrighteousness, you need to think twice. undecided
Re: Rewards Of Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On May 29, 2023
kayuseful:
■ I hope the OP is not trying to paint self-righteousness of dead works. If you believe in Christ, just know you have been made righteous freely and for ever. Therefore all rewards mentioned above are freely yours. Amen
This is one of the biggest lies of the religion of Christianity. The same Jesus Christ whom you claim made you freely righteous actually urged you instead to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and God's righteousness in order that the benefits and rewards of the Kingdom of God can be added to you. Why would you urge you to seek God's righteousness if He had already given you God's righteousness freely as you claim? undecided

I suggest you validate everything you hear from your pastors and mogs against that which is in fact written in Scripture, particularly Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Ready To Accept Christianity If / Abortion In Nigeria: Legality, Morality And The Fear Of God (theists, Deists) / Beware: Spacetacular Is Felixomor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.