Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Apps For Android Or Iphone, Which Is Better For The Nigerian Market? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Apps For Android Or Iphone, Which Is Better For The Nigerian Market? (906 Views)

Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? / Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones / Smpp Professional With Good Knowledge Of The Nigerian Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apps For Android Or Iphone, Which Is Better For The Nigerian Market? by NumberOne2(m): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2010
Globally the craze is about mobile apps. I always consider the business part of development before I begin. Java is the most popular in Nigeria no doubt (considering that Nokia and Blackberry both support java). I did some Java apps which are doing better than I expected in the Nigerian market. Check them at http://www.greenspek.com.. These apps are tailor specifically to the Nigerian market cos I honestly don't see them selling outside Nigeria.

However, I have some app ideas (with global appeal) which I want to sell in Nigeria and other countries and I don't think Java will do the magic.
I'm looking for a platform that will cut across both markets (local and foreign).

I think the key question is: Which phones are more popular in Nigeria, iphones or andriod phones?
Re: Apps For Android Or Iphone, Which Is Better For The Nigerian Market? by kanirip: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2010
Both are expensive and hence unpopular.

Iphone is more expensive though and, knowing Apple, will probably always remain so.

If you want your applications to be bought in this country develop a Java or BB app.

(1) (Reply)

Help With PHP Array, Result Is Skipping A Row / Problems With Programmers / Life And Times Of Tech Billionaire Jason Li (no. 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.