Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 (30367 Views)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dollabiz: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Pacesetter123(m): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Last week against Watford,I said it dat it was only Cheater-chester utd dat bot VAR technology for England FA,de whole of dia short-sighted fans mentioned me up n down in dat thread.Today,I av bin vindicated.Own goal scored has now suddenly become offside in football.I pray God shud 4give me for talking trash against FIFA wen dey knowingly omitted England referees from the last world cup.
I am so pissed up right now watching EPL.If not for only one thing,I wud av switched allegiance wen it comes to club football support.

7 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by chigo5(m): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
how can they Rule out a deflected goal offside, e touch maguire for leg nah, English Var Dey annoying

7 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
I am a Man U fan but I think Everton were robbed

11 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

The movement of his two legs to avoid the incoming ball is deemed to be interfering with play. Read the rules if you love the game.
Sadly most fans don't know the rules of association football. undecided

INTERFERENCE IN FOOTBALL.

Being in an offside position is not an offence in itself, but a player so positioned when the ball is played by a teammate can be judged guilty of an offside offence if they become "involved in active play", "interfere with an opponent", or "gain an advantage" by being in that position.

In what you posted here, which one is Richarlison guilty off?

Was he involved in active play?

No.

Did he interfere with an opponent?

No.

Is he trying to gain advantage? No.

So how does the goal not stand?

6 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by masterflowx(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

I tink Maynation should see this grin

But dat liverpool match pain me sha, i just want them to shut dat nonsense arsenal up on their unbeaten.

But e no go pain you reach me. I no eat yesterday night.
YNWA!!!
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

No.

No.

The movement of both legs brings him into active play!
Please understand the rules.

4 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by femi4: 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

THE OFFSIDE LAW.
The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Offside (association football) - Wikipedia
Offside law is more than 1, why not quote others

You deliberately omitted this part

Being in an offside position is not an offence in itself, but a player so positioned when the ball is played by a teammate can be judged guilty of an offside offence if they become "involved in active play", "interfere with an opponent", or "gain an advantage" by being in that position.

5 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Bennycollins: 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
You head dey there. Allow them to continue their noise.
Expert17:

That raising of leg, is like a dummy......that will deceive anybody.....

That dummy is the interference we are talking about

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

I doubt you understand what active play is.

Is he part of the game. Passing, crossing, defending?

Not at all. He was not part of the play in any way.

That was pure robbery.

3 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 5:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Current Laws of the Game Edit
The current Laws of the Game (LOTG) consist of seventeen individual laws, each law containing several rules and directions:[1]

Law 1: The Field of Play
Law 2: The Ball
Law 3: The Players
Law 4: The Players' Equipment
Law 5: The Referee
Law 6: The Other Match Officials
Law 7: The Duration of the Match
Law 8: The Start and Restart of Play
Law 9: The Ball In and Out of Play
Law 10: Determining the Outcome of a Match
Law 11: Offside
Law 12: Fouls and Misconduct
Law 13: Free Kicks
Law 14: The Penalty Kick
Law 15: The Throw-in
Law 16: The Goal Kick
Law 17: The Corner Kick
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Skmoda360(m): 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
EnterpriseMan:
Me trying to understand what Martial is.. A winger, a lazy slowpoke, a defender, an Everton player, a ball picker or what exertly??
The guy is just so unaware and lazy he sets a new standard for laziness.
Even me as I'm watching the match I felt sick while watching Martial play.....lazy and useless.. grin
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Nikiballerz: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
VAR as usual helping united to continue their quest for 49 match unbeaten

The fa is helping united so they can qualify for UCL through the backdoor by gifting them cheap penalties, disqualifying opponents goal and banning man city from ucl

7 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
femi4:
Offside law is more than 1, why not quote others

You deliberately omitted this part

Richarlison was not involved in active play.

He was not trying to gain advantage

He did not interfere.

Very criminal.

5 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by beejay501: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
Harkynkunle:
Lindelof has really been poor to me!!! He does not deserve to start ahead of Baily.... Mctominay is also odd in this game.... it’s damn obvious....
Guy which match did you watched?
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Expert17: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Dummy if the goalkeeper is not seeing the whole movement of the ball. The keeper could not chase the ball because of a deflection.

There are goals scored with players in an offside position because they are not interfering with play.

Dummy is a skill in football...use to deceive players......

Google the offside rules....
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by femi4: 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

Movement towards the ball's direction is interpreted as active play. Don't be ignorant of the law

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Nikiballerz: 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
Bennycollins:
You head dey there. Allow them to continue their noise.

VARchester united,this is Howard Webb,Mike riley and ferguson all over again
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by femi4: 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Richarlison was not involved in active play.

He was not trying to gain advantage

He did not interfere.

Very criminal.
So painful..epl officiating is in shambles

2 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:
I am a Man U fan but I think Everton were robbed

Chelsea fan spotted. Continue your painment

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Nikiballerz: 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
Expert17:

Dummy is a skill in football...use to deceive players......

Google the offside rules....

Bull-shit,cow-dung
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Minemrys: 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

The movement of both legs brings him into active play! Please understand the rules.
but it wasn't his team mate that played the ball na. It was maguire.
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Awesomefred32(m): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
VAR is just useless and a scam

4 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
stechu:

Chelsea fan spotted. Continue your painment

What do you know about football? am not a sycophant like you
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nikiballerz:
VAR as usual helping united to continue their quest for 49 match unbeaten

The fa is helping united so they can qualify for UCL through the backdoor by gifting them cheap penalties, disqualifying opponents goal and banning man city from ucl

Please use your head.
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Expert17: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nikiballerz:

Bull-shit, cow-dung

Deal with it cheesy
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

No.

No.

The rules of Association football are very clear read up on them.
I am done with this back and forth.
Richarlison was first of all offside. Secondly he interfered with play by moving his legs out of the trajectory of the incoming ball!

Offside is one of the laws of association football, codified in Law 11 of the Laws of the Game. The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).[1]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
Minemrys:

but it wasn't his team mate that played the ball na. It was maguire.

Comprehension!

Offside is one of the laws of association football, codified in Law 11 of the Laws of the Game. The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).[1]

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
femi4:
Movement towards the ball's direction is interpreted as active play. Don't be ignorant of the law

Comprehension.

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Nwaonyishi69: 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
Manchester united, Rigmanu, taught both buhari and Nigerian INEC how to rig elections. I am ashamed that my Nigerian brothers still support such hopelessness. How on earth could a certified referee rule this goal offside. If it is not soft penalty for them, it is cancelling valid goals scored against them, yet my people cue to watch, discuss and chant from the hell of nzuzu, sorry
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by kennyz247(m): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

The movement of both legs brings him into active play! Please understand the rules.
can u please explain d deflection made by maguine,and how is dat offside
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by femi4: 5:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

Comprehension.

unfortunately, you couldn't define "active play"....smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 9th September 2017 / 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.