Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty (63799 Views)

I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule / President Tinubu's 120 Car Convoy In Lagos For Sallah Raises Eyebrow (VIDEO) / Photos Of Osinbajo's Convoy As He Visits Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by sylvestersamuel(m): 7:20am On Feb 24, 2020
Peter Obi, a former governor of Anambra state, says it is “madness” for public officials to move with a convoy of about 20 cars or more.

Obi, a former vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said he used to do the same thing until he discovered 13 of the cars in his convoy were empty.

He said this in his lecture at the convocation of Veritas University, Abuja, on Saturday.

He also said it is irresponsible for people to have about 20 policemen guarding them.

Obi said: “You see big people going round with 15 or 20 vehicles and causing confusion all over the place and disturbing public peace and everybody with his own big title.

“If I was coming here with 20 policemen, to Nigerians, that shows I am ‘Your Excellency’. That is irresponsibility; it doesn’t happen anywhere in the world.

“There is no place in the world that I have seen where one man moves around with 22 vehicles. It is madness.

“I used it as a governor. You will not believe it. I used it as a governor until I asked to find out one day how many of the cars people were occupying, and about 13 of the cars were empty.

“So the cars were creating nuisance for the public and making things difficult for the travelling people and in Nigeria that shows you are powerful; you are in power.”

The former governor said Nigeria has to seek new ways of doing things, else the system will collapse.

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-as-governor-i-used-22-car-convoy-until-i-found-out-13-were-empty/amp

126 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by godofuck231: 7:23am On Feb 24, 2020
by the time 4 cars hits IEDs and he's half conscious he will understand what a counter ambush strategy is

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by Flyingngel(m): 7:26am On Feb 24, 2020
Hahaaaaa, come to my state and see convoy; you will shock.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2020
While worthy leaders like this Man
Borno governor
Oyo governor
Ebony governor
Kaduna governor

When we need president now you will see our yoots campaigning for
Tinubu,
Abba kyri,
Mamman Daura
And the rest of the old cargos

354 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by Formularcr7: 7:29am On Feb 24, 2020
Na now you remember?

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by Sylraph1: 7:30am On Feb 24, 2020
OKWUTE NDI IGBO

154 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by Flyingngel(m): 7:31am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231 post:

by the time 4 cars hits IEDs and he's half conscious he will understand what a counter ambush strategy is .

Guy na waooo, counter ambush on empty cars?
By the way who will keep the IED? Is he passing through Chibok?
Abeg 6 to 8 cars with at least 2 coaster bus is OK.

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by Davash222(m): 7:32am On Feb 24, 2020
Anambra people don’t know how blessed they are to have this man as their own. Having only this man is far better than having 500 Tinubus!

411 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by 72Morale: 7:33am On Feb 24, 2020
You need to see how normal and ordinary these politicians look when they travel out to Western counties.

They are only recognized in a shiithole county.

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by punisha: 7:33am On Feb 24, 2020
grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by punisha: 7:35am On Feb 24, 2020
grin

African man likes to abuse power.
It's a curse we'd never find out who placed on us.
Funny enough the money budgeted for fueling those cars monthly will feed a community for 6months.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by godofuck231: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2020
Flyingngel:
godofuck231 post:

by the time 4 cars hits IEDs and he's half conscious he will understand what a counter ambush strategy is .

you see, this is why boko haram fights more effectively against the nigerian army, strategy tactics and effectiveness, the information and resources are there but you misused and misplaced our priorities, catastrophe isn't far

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by bluebay(m): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2020
Flyingngel:
godofuck231 post:

Coaster bus for what is Sef? To carry supporters along?

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by cupidFlint(m): 8:00am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231:
by the time 4 cars hits IEDs and he's half conscious he will understand what a counter ambush strategy is
counter ambush kwa for area where there isn't war... who would plant the IEDs in Anambra abi you think na Sambisa we dey.... guy no dey form military strategist for war free zone

198 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 8:03am On Feb 24, 2020
Good one
Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by NaijaDonCast(m): 8:04am On Feb 24, 2020
and after your tenure those cars where given out to people that knows people in the corridors of power

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by godofuck231: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2020
Flyingngel:
godofuck231 post:

no body prays for war but when it comes even the strong still falls, there's what some people call vehicular ballistic shield , if his car gets disabled, 2 or 3 backup cars intersect and create a shield, mostly 7.62 armoured or bomb shielded cars, and the target is swiched to a backup runner car.
this is some high tech sh*t next time try not to challenge what you don't know, simply ask questions with respect

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by godofuck231: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2020
Flyingngel:
godofuck231 post:

no body prays for war but when it comes even the strong and ready and strong still falls, there's what some people call vehicular ballistic shield , if his car gets disabled, 2 or 3 backup cars intersect and create a shield, mostly 7.62 armoured or bomb shielded cars, and the target is swiched to a backup runner car.
this is some high tech stuff next time try not to challenge what you don't know, simply ask questions with respect

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by godofuck231: 8:14am On Feb 24, 2020
cupidFlint:
counter ambush kwa for area where there isn't war... who would plant the IEDs in Anambra abi you think na Sambisa we dey.... guy no dey form military strategist for war free zone
de wait, if not the armoured vehicles buhari, would have been killed in the kd attack years ago, how about that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by ruggedtimi(m): 8:15am On Feb 24, 2020
Even speaker house of assembly for most states dey use plenty convoy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by ybalogs(m): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2020
Real madnesses kua. Wasting fuel and constituting nuisance in the name of "Governor is coming".

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by ybalogs(m): 8:30am On Feb 24, 2020
Davash222:
Anambra people don’t know how blessed they are to have this man as their own. Having only this man is far better than having 500 Tinubus!
Zone B spotted.

19 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by ybalogs(m): 8:31am On Feb 24, 2020
ruggedtimi:
Even speaker house of assembly for most states dey use plenty convoy.
Educated illiterates is what I call them. Very annoying sets of people but that seems to be the norms in our dear country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by bularuz(m): 8:57am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231:

Very hilarious, counter ambush ko

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by tsdarkside(m): 9:05am On Feb 24, 2020
nonesense....

he would not be better....

is he not a black leader too....??

they are all like that....power drunk....
they will say anything to win like that shoeless morafvcker....

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by mrvitalis(m): 9:41am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231:
no body prays for war but when it comes even the strong and ready and strong still falls, there's what some people call vehicular ballistic shield , if his car gets disables, 2 or 3 backup cars intersect and create a shield, mostly 7.62 armoured or bomb shielded cars, and the target is swiched to a backup runner car.
this is some high tech stuff next time try not to challenge what you don't know, simply ask questions with respect
Blah blah blah ....u know more than the queen security that used 4 cars

Australian prime minister visited fire ravaged area with just 2 cars

Do trump use up to 7 cars ?

What about Putin

Oga go n rest ...grammar doesn't make u look smart

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by wkkwl: 10:00am On Feb 24, 2020
mrvitalis:

What about Putin

Go and rest your self.
He made an effort while target him alone?

Park well

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by CarlosTheJackal: 10:02am On Feb 24, 2020
tsdarkside:
nonesense....

he would not be better....

is he not a black leader too....??

they are all like that....power drunk....
they will say anything to win like that shoeless morafvcker....
Take time out to go through all your post and you will find out that you talk like either a KID or a yabaleft patient.

You don't always makes sense and it's now a problem for everyone

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by godofuck231: 10:10am On Feb 24, 2020
mrvitalis:

What about Putin

not interested in your piss poor contest, just having a conversation with nice folks on nairaland not you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by mrvitalis(m): 11:03am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231:
not interested in your piss poor contest, just having a conversation with nice folks on nairaland not you
U mean same person u insulted ?

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty by StreetFight: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
He drives 22 cars around with 13 empty just as he has only one wrist watch but Nigerians have seen him with more than 10. Peter Obituary is a big fool.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Pays Ogun Delegates $25k, Adamawa $10k; Delegates Reject Osinbajo’s $5k / Paul Ogwuma And Wife Buy N15.6bn Property In UK / Sunday Igboho: Tinubu Gave Me N2 Million When I Visited Him At Bourdillon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.