Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? (12412 Views)

Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 / Advice On Mercedes C Class / Which Is Classier! A White Audi Q7 And A White Mercedes Benz Cls 500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? by MaJBlige(f): 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2010
The strut is not broken because the car still moves, but when the car rises up, after parking it for a time, the right front wheel is too close to the front fender, and it doesnt get to the required height anymore- it does display "stop, car too low" - any ideas?

The airmatic seems faulty, but not sure what exactly is wrong.
Re: Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? by JoyIsa: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2010
Remove your fat arse from the car
Re: Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? by dantitiki(m): 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2010
Do a diagnostic scan on the car. The airmatic system might not be condemed yet. It might be a sensor.

Kind regards.
Re: Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? by MaJBlige(f): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2010
@dan.

I think you are right. The error came up first time when I took the car to some rough roads and it the engine cover pulled out and i had it fixed to position at the garage. Maybe one sensor is out of place during the mishap. Anyway, i found a reliable garage with auto diagnostic tools - will be taking car in there.
Re: Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 19, 2010
Possible you've got an air leak, or the ride height may be responding to a faulty self-levelling sensor. This means that particular strut thinks it's at the right height, when the actual fact is, it isn't.

I'd get a scan done, at a reputable garage, that doesn't just scan, but also knows how to interpret data and fault code definitions.
Re: Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? by MaJBlige(f): 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2010
Thanks Siena. I will be at the garage promptly.
Re: Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? by Trac: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2011
Airmatic failure!  The error you will get would be an extended central reservoir time taking too long and possible areas of leakage.  Very common and the lifecycles to this system is very short.  There are cases where the airmatic fails within 10,000 miles.  Airmatics are to be replaced every 40,000 miles (recommended service life).  Do not continue to drive the vehicle because you'll damage the compressor.  Currently, the compressor would be working tirelessly to make up for its "supposed" inefficiencies.  It won't stop till it breaks down because intended conditions are not returned.  You won't appreciate the cost to replace this.  The best thing to do at this point is to disconnect the battery.  The compressor is still active trying to replenish the lost air.  Don't take it with levity, the replacement you have currently is $1800 in just the part without labour for one airmatic strut.  That's warning that the rest would be needing attention.  It is best to reinstall with the battery off.  If you know your layout well, taking off a terminal from the battery isn't needed, you can just unplug the fuse to the compressor.

Though the struts are pricey, I'd recommend that you begin plans to replace the remaining three. 

There are no sensors anywhere to look out for. The compressor is ok. You have the compressor, the central reservoir and the central unit. The current state of failure is to get you home/dealer and put things in order. Anything worse than the current state would render the vehicle inoperable for motion. Reinstalling is about 10 minutes with shop tools and a lift (deducting tyre removal and misc).

(1) (Reply)

BMW Recalls 7-series Cars Because Doors Can Fly Open / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When Idling Or When Speeding? / Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.