Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Advice On Mercedes C Class - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Mercedes C Class (9590 Views)

Cost Of Maintenace Of Mercedes C Class 230 Compressor 2003 Model / Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 / Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Mercedes C Class by inene: 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2011
can someone out there advice me on the durability of a Mercedes C class Car which has been offered to me to buy. please i need some experienced people to talk to me. should i or should i not buy.i am driving a Vbooth Padded 200 which is not giving me any problem but i have been told the C class is a better machine. i am waiting for your kind advice
Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
You need to give more info . . .
Year
Nigerian used or not?
Also if you have the VIN, people could help you check it to make sure no hidden death traps.

Also, how much are they asking for, then you will be able to tell if good price or not . . . .but if you are asking about durability of Benz, haba, i am sure you know they are they champ.

Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by loye4lyfe: 8:12pm On Sep 28, 2011
I was driving a Honda bulldog before i bought a C230 97 model benz and since then my bro, my driving experience as never been the same again. Talking of Fuel economy, the c class 230 can compete with a honda baby boy if not better, the car is very rugged and full of power. When you drive this beauty, you are in control. It drives well when the speedometer is over 60 MPH+ on the freeway.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by inene: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2011
thanks for your vervy useful advice. the benz is a C180 model and the guy is asking for 480 k for it. Pls advice on how i can check on the VIN. what is vin and where can i get it so that i can pay someone to run the check on it. i have driven the car and it seem in good order but i will like to be sure
Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by pato405(m): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2011
C- class is a strong and reliable car wen its on d go! i have read several reviews on d car and nobody has ever made bad comments about it. however, it can be expensive to maintain. i.e b ready to dole out money if anything goes wrong.
Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by inene: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
Many thanks for your comments but do you think i am getting a good deal for this car at 480. there is nothing really to do except normal servicing.
Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by pato405(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2011
it depends on so many factors. y not find out why he is selling it. i have my reservations about 9ja used cars because some people sell their cars when it starts giving problems they know can never be fixed. if its in good condition and meets your requirements, well-maintained, aesthetic beauty, costmetic appeal, e.t.c. then go for it. else run o!  somthing you think is just a little servicing may end up gulping your hard earned money. better still, consider coming up a little bit, say 600k-750k and get a toks.
Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by kuntash: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2011
Go here- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=520025.msg9237004#msg9237004

be patient and get the relevant answers as it relates to you,

Hola back if you need more details,

for a quick one., if the Car body is clean, I mean devoid of severe rust, try to round it up @ 450k-

I am sure that link there would guide you on the rest,

all d best.
Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by Trac: 4:33am On Sep 30, 2011
inene:

can someone out there advice me on the durability of a Mercedes C class Car which has been offered  to me to buy. please  i need some experienced people to talk to me. should i or should i not buy.i am driving a Vbooth Padded 200 which is not giving me any problem but i have been told the C class is a better machine. i am waiting for your kind advice

What is padded?

Who educated you that any C Class is better than the 124 Series models?  The 124's were over-designed and over-engineered.  The C Classes was designed to a price. 

The C Classes (no matter the variant or model) are not durable.  They are reliable but not durable (purpose of conception).  The 124 and all Mercedes before this production (including the 140) were durable.  The 124 is the last durable Merc ever built (alongside with the 140).  Anything close to that is not in the normal series variant.  The last Benz built to a standard is the 123 models.  The E Classes/Series E (124) are effortless in drive and have a big maintenance buffer.  This buffer is not in the C's.  Series 202 is what Mercedes use to usher in their new lean-type of production to be competitive with Lexus (Toyota with a leather sofa). 

The C Class is a good vehicle but no where as what you have. The chassis alone would end this question.  You also need to be careful how you buy Mercedes (and some German cars).  You are setting yourself up if you don't have a repair history.  If you decide to go without a history, deduct.  I don't need to tell you why.  One note to also keep in mind, a cheap Mercedes is an expensive one.  When you need to do the repairs to put it in shape, you'd be feeling the burdens then. 

There's a whole lot to be known in vehicle comparison and the angle of view should be the "not-so-obvious engineering."  That is the engineering that you cannot see but feel.  Use the money to fix your car and make it as new again.  The vehicle was designed as so.

This is like comparing the G Class to an M Class/GL CLass. People aren't getting more for their money these days with the new cars they purchase. The 2006/2007 Civic is worse than the model that it replaced. People actually paid money for a water-down, less engineered model. The torsion-beam suspension was fitted in its rear. Huge profits indeed!

1 Like

Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by stiyke(m): 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2011
Hey Trac, I read your posts on another thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-520025.384.html you adviced not to buy v6 MB. I would like to buy a c or clk MB. Please which year, model and engine type would you recommend starting from 1999? Thanks.
Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by kuntash: 5:25am On Dec 10, 2011
stiyke:

Hey Trac, I read your posts on another thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-520025.384.html you adviced not to buy v6 MB. I would like to buy a c or clk MB. Please which year, model and engine type would you recommend starting from 1999? Thanks.

really?
Re: Advice On Mercedes C Class by Trac: 7:01am On Dec 12, 2011
stiyke:

I have responded to you.

kuntash:

really?

How does a balance shaft ripping out of the engine sound to you on an engine that is designed not to be rebuilt?  How does balance shaft failure sound on a Mercedes Benz? It's not a cheap repair neither is it an easy one.  The 2012 C350 that rolled into production is the first v6 MB has made.  It is tremendous if you read the build strategy and how the engineers made to life what the professors envisioned.  As far as I'm know, the 272 will still be in production in the 300's and 4matics.

(1) (Reply)

Your Experience With Buying A Nigerian Used Car / Help Which Model Of Toyota Rav4 To Buy / Abuja To Uyo By Road on 19 09 2014/ Uyo To Abuja By Road on 21-22 09 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.