Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (42389 Views)

Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents / Anita: 'I Was Raped By Emeka Gabriel Oboh Aka Obojingo In UNIZIK' / Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by ecclize: 9:44am On Feb 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
If you are depressed and can see this post, please talk to someone or even post it on social media so someone can come to your aid. Don't be shy about it. It's natural to be overwhelmed by life and it's challenges. All you need is a listening ear and decerning heart.

Show courage in the face of adversity. #SpeakOut.
posting it on social media can be worst people are cruel on social media this days...
best option meet with someone one on one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by OlawaleBammie: 9:45am On Feb 25, 2020
damosade:
School ko school ni. Wetin I dey use my 2:1 do?

Shioor

It wil b useful in d future

even we wey no sabi anything stil get hope
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Handsomecole(m): 9:45am On Feb 25, 2020
When it comes to results, OAU shows no mercy . No blocking No sorting it's either you read and pass or you forget it . But no matter what suicide is not an option. I had two extra years , finished with a 3rd class but I got a very good job before my NYSC got posted to sitting Governors office.

I had a younger colleague who had a similar issue using my experience, I engaged him into something meaningful and a bit lucrative which kept his mind busy while he battled his academic problem. He had three extra years I took time to engage him seriously today he has graduated and has even been promised a job even before nysc.

Suicide is never an option.
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by suaveBrother(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2020
...only if he knew failure is what makes us who we are not success...
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by xcelentattitude(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2020
Which one is academic depression again?

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 25, 2020
Out of Rips
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by yoyo4456: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2020
Read good news, fresh every day. Click here to read. pgslot
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by davido91(m): 9:53am On Feb 25, 2020
What the hell is this wannabe American gangsta saying. Shut your damn mouth.

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Very obvious he is not a real niggarrr
He is a pussy niggarrr

This is what you expect when fathers raise weak pussy niggarrrz and mothers reinforce it
Damnnnnn
What is happening
Niggarrrz are no longer trained to be street wise and tough

Too many soft niggarz everywhere

As a real niggarrr am going to suggest they introduce a subject or course called "STREET WISE AND TOUGHNESS " to our curriculum

Just like CED and Gst

If you know wetin we niggarrrz dey face for life but we nor dey take our life.
As a real niggarrr.
Am gonna say that sometimes go out with friends, drink some beer, smoke some weed and bang some pussies
This Things will help you any time you facing challenges

2 Likes

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by SenecaTheYonger: 9:59am On Feb 25, 2020
sinaj:
So So insensitive

Problems differ and the state of mind also deternines how much effect a problem can have on you.

For ex, if you have just lost a loved one and haven't recovered, something as simple as failing a semester can drive you to sucide. On a normal day, you will just cry about it and move on.

You don't know the whole story, this is Nigerian media, we only get half baked sensational clickbait news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by sinaj(f): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Problems differ and the state of mind also deternines how much effect a problem can have on you.

For ex, if you have just lost a loved one, something as simple as failing a semester can drive you to sucide. On a normal day, you will just cry about it and move on.

You don't know the whole story, this is Nigerian media, we only get half baked sensational clickbait news.
exactly
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Meedon: 10:01am On Feb 25, 2020
God bless the dead
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by SenecaTheYonger: 10:03am On Feb 25, 2020
sinaj:
exactly

I can see you're trying to make a fool of me.

1 Like

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Nikiballerz: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2020
EVILFOREST:
SLEEP on MAN.
ALL your PROBLEMS are Over now

No,he was selfish and he passed the problems to his siblings and parents....
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Bimpe29: 10:09am On Feb 25, 2020
Pour out your mind and get rid of depression.
Committing suicide is a grave sin.
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Legitdimple(f): 10:12am On Feb 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
If you are depressed and can see this post, please talk to someone or even post it on social media so someone can come to your aid. Don't be shy about it. It's natural to be overwhelmed by life and it's challenges. All you need is a listening ear and decerning heart.

Thanks,but even when you speak up they don't listen,lots of times it worsen the situation before you know its too late. Takes a lot of bravery to end ones life. May your soul find rest dear one.
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Dpaulie(m): 10:15am On Feb 25, 2020
Academic knowledge is good really for self and mind liberation but has nothing to do with your success in life, I went to the same IFE (OAU) graduated with 2.1, for the past 6 years I’ve not made a million naira directly with my academic qualifications, but made millions with ease from my hand, God given talent and mind liberation (through academics)
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Billyanger(m): 10:15am On Feb 25, 2020
Tf man! What dimension do you think from? Underworld? As tough as you may claim to be…pray you don't see real life pressures that will compel you and suicide will look like the only way out…
Some matter no dey look position or capacity; rich people with relevant position commit suicide as much as the masses.

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

He is a pussy niggarrr

This is what you expect when fathers raise weak pussy niggarrrz and mothers reinforce it
Damnnnnn
What is happening

As a real niggarrr am going to suggest they introduce a subject or course called "STREET WISE AND TOUGHNESS " to our curriculum

Just like CED and Gst

As a real niggarrr.
Am gonna say that sometimes go out with friends, drink some beer, smoke some weed and bang some pussies
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:

80-90% of depression is caused by poverty.

And we have thousands of Billionaires among us who don't care about the less privileged.

I've not gone out of Africa but I've been to some Countries in Africa. In some places, it is these billionaire citizens who do most of the charities.

Here as long as Govt do am no one go do am.

Private jets upandan.

Smh
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Fejimummy: 10:21am On Feb 25, 2020
thank Jehovah that I dodged this bullet during my school years ... in final year I was told that my school file was missing and without that I wasn't a student , I almost died from depression I had a sweet GPA of 3.8 o , thank God for my understanding parents who prayed and always check up on me .. finally the file was found in another lecturer's office who saw it called my dad's number that I wrote on the card if not I would have wasted five years for a lecturer's negligence
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by aspiring44: 10:34am On Feb 25, 2020
[quote author=ChaoHendrix post=86937016]Is school everything?
I'm so disappointed in this young handsome man.
With that build there's alot of things you would've excelled in..
Boxing,Basketball,bouncing,ponstar,etc..
The problem with Nigeria is that we don't think outside the box.
What a waste..

From every possibilities and impossibilities lies opportunities.
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Horlhamhi(f): 10:35am On Feb 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:

well said...taking one's life cos of depression isn't the right medicine seriously. It's high time you spoke out instead of keeping it in, to avoid having suicidal thoughts.
Buh talking about speaking out on social media sef, some discourage those who want to give listening ears with their 'negative-filled comments' as I had seen on this platform.
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Skmoda360(m): 10:36am On Feb 25, 2020
ChaoHendrix:
Is school everything?
I'm so disappointed in this young handsome man.
With that build there's alot of things you would've excelled in..
Boxing,Basketball,bouncing,ponstar,etc..
The problem with Nigeria is that we don't think outside the box.
What a waste..
shocked
Now you sound like NwaAmaikpe.... undecided
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by shogsman(m): 10:38am On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

He is a pussy niggarrr

Damnnnnn
What is happening

Just like CED and Gst

As a real niggarrr.

You and the 15people that liked your post are dumb
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Yomibold(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2020
ThompsonJoo:
Great Grace private School Alumnus and a Student of Obafemi Awolowo University OBOH EMMANUEL is gone

Emmanuel took his life out of depression (Academics)..

I use to envy dis young man in Secondary schools

Rest in Peace Oboh Emmanuel

So Said to here this. I use to know him back then in oau. He use to come to come to my room in Angola with his friend Malik..
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Somethingodd(f): 10:41am On Feb 25, 2020
Please can you people stop saying bullshit?
I know this guy, he's one of my freaking closest friends.
What academic stress?
Are you stupid?
Did he tell you that he's a student? This guy has graduated from OAU since 4 years ago. Get your freaking facts right before you come online and start saying nonsense.
Nobody knows why he took his life.
I had to sign up on this dammed site to put you straight. Stop rubbishing the name and memory of my friend just to boost your stupid publicity.
Academic problems my ass.
Yall are just clout chasers.
Because someone updated his Bio on Facebook, you think that applies to his real life current situation.
Stop rubbishing my friend's name!

2 Likes

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Barzinime(m): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Most of you just come online and say pure and utmost nonsense.
I pray you dont see what can make you take your life.
Tyson Fury almost committed suicide last year, does that makes him a pussy niggar?
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

He is a pussy niggarrr

Damnnnnn
What is happening

Just like CED and Gst

As a real niggarrr.
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Somethingodd(f): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2020
tfash96:
May God continue to enrich u wisdom wise jare.. I can't kill myself o.. I kuku graduated from that useless oau too but we're still balling

Both of you are very stupid and I hope yall get hit by trailers.
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by pmoye(m): 10:56am On Feb 25, 2020
Which part of the report say na lecturer or the university kill am?

Take it or leave it, a psychologically depressed person will always find a reason to kill himself/herself. It has nothing to do with the people he interacted with. Simple conflict with depressed persons has made them take their lives. Simple reprimand by parents, or even jealousy over partners, or a partner cheating on them...

Get it into your thick skull: depression is a disease, and ultimately each person is responsible for his/her own decisions.

As Nigerians we all go through shit every fucking day in life. If people in the West go through 10% of some of the things we go through in Nigeria most of them will have taken their own lives. A dude found out his three children were not his after so many years, he didn't kill himself. You save meticulously to start a business, and you are swindled by your fellow citizen. You still don't kill yourself. You write JAMB 4, 5, 6 times and you no get admission, you still don't kill yourself. You enter school, ASUU, NASU, SANNU, student strikes no allow you graduate, you still no kill yourself. You eventually graduated, 4, 5, 6...10 years you still no get job, you still no kill yourself...

Now you are struggling academically, you go drink poison. Abeg shift, no one is responsible for your death. Your disease is the cause of your death.

Depression is a disease.

Rgade:
Damn...
Na wetin all these demonic Mech Engineering lecturers wan make I do.
Time done reach for me to dey carry Glock dey enter school.... if you annoy me, I smoke you.
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by JustPerpetual(f): 11:01am On Feb 25, 2020
TheGifteedOne:

Every one says this but when you speak out they stop replying you

1 Like

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Cchuks27(m): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2020
I'm currently depressed, who will help me?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video / UNIBEN Students Build Speed Breakers Along Lagos-Benin Express Road (photos) / Ambrose Alli University Law Students Celebrate Graduation In Grand Style(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.