Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (42333 Views)

Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents / Anita: 'I Was Raped By Emeka Gabriel Oboh Aka Obojingo In UNIZIK' / Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by ThompsonJoo: 7:10am On Feb 25, 2020
Great Grace private School Alumnus and a Student of Obafemi Awolowo University OBOH EMMANUEL is gone

Emmanuel took his life out of depression (Academics)..

I use to envy dis young man in Secondary schools

Rest in Peace Oboh Emmanuel

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by ThompsonJoo: 7:11am On Feb 25, 2020
Never Give Up

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:16am On Feb 25, 2020
If you are depressed and can see this post, please talk to someone or even post it on social media so someone can come to your aid. Don't be shy about it. It's natural to be overwhelmed by life and it's challenges. All you need is a listening ear and decerning heart.

Show courage in the face of adversity. #SpeakOut.

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:18am On Feb 25, 2020
G
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by bewla(m): 7:31am On Feb 25, 2020
Pls don't kill my dream
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by ThompsonJoo: 7:33am On Feb 25, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
If you are depressed and can see this post, please talk to someone or even post it on social media so someone can come to your aid. Don't be shy about it. It's natural to be overwhelmed by life and it's challenges. All you need is a listening ear and decerning heart.

Show courage in the face of adversity. #SpeakOut.

Bless you

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by ChaoHendrix: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2020
Is school everything?
I'm so disappointed in this young handsome man.
With that build there's alot of things you could've excelled in..
Boxing,Basketball,bouncing,ponstarring,etc..
The problem with Nigerians is that we don't think outside the box.
What a waste..
shocked

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2020
SLEEP on MAN.
ALL your PROBLEMS are Over now

21 Likes

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Slawormir: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Very obvious he is not a real niggarrr
He is a pussy niggarrr

This is what you expect when fathers raise weak pussy niggarrrz and mothers reinforce it
Damnnnnn
What is happening
Niggarrrz are no longer trained to be street wise and tough

Too many soft niggarz everywhere

As a real niggarrr am going to suggest they introduce a subject or course called "STREET WISE AND TOUGHNESS " to our curriculum

Just like CED and Gst

If you know wetin we niggarrrz dey face for life but we nor dey take our life.
As a real niggarrr.
Am gonna say that sometimes go out with friends, drink some beer, smoke some weed and bang some pussies
This Things will help you any time you facing challenges

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2020
Emmanuel took his life out of depression (Academics)..

Gave up too easily.
What can we say than to wish him well in after life.

Meanwhile,
Anyone that commits suicide goes to............

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by KKKWHITE(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2020
The question now is where will his soul go to RIP

2 Likes

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Neroiam(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2020
When e be say no be certified boys take dey chop again.. Damnn
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Froshloaded: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2020
Sad

1 Like

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by superlanny(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2020
This is really sad, but the battle to survive and resist depression is one, a lot of people are fighting on a daily.
Only if you have passed through it can you really understand, how it feels, we all vary in our emotional strengths and even the strong can be cracked.
We must always have something to live for, even if everything seems blank, tap into self love more and more, and allow for friends and other relationship.
Seek professional help if you know you are depressed or mentally stressed.
Suicide is never the best option.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by koyeni(m): 8:48am On Feb 25, 2020
embarassed
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by sinaj(f): 8:48am On Feb 25, 2020
If he could commit suicide over academic depression, I guess he would have murdered himself over unemployment.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by LordGuru1: 8:48am On Feb 25, 2020
cry I'm glad I came across depression solution on NL before my depression led to suicide: https://www.nairaland.com/5133117/drugs-sex-indulgence-not-solution

4 Likes

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 25, 2020
Damn...
Na wetin all these demonic Mech Engineering lecturers wan make I do.
Time done reach for me to dey carry Glock dey enter school.... if you annoy me, I smoke you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by YorubaKinging: 8:48am On Feb 25, 2020
You've no right or power to take your own life...
All power and lives belongs to God alone
I pray God forgives you otherwise na Hell o
Double whala for dead body

1 Like

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by CyberEBOLA(m): 8:48am On Feb 25, 2020
BRAVE LUCKY GUY.
I AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE COURAGE TO KILL MYSELF.
Death is still the best thing that can happen to any living thing.
Death: The real bringer of peace
The problem is that living things are programmed by nature to find the transition to death painful, scary or nondesiring, thereby making us all dance to the baseless struggle of this life, while stupidly postponing the unevitable(death)

Remember where you were for billions of years before your parents had sex and forced you here? Yes, that is where you are going back to after death.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by vickydankal(f): 8:49am On Feb 25, 2020
Kkk
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Adam00(m): 8:49am On Feb 25, 2020

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by seedorfg(m): 8:49am On Feb 25, 2020
Mumu, is it by force to go to school or pass.

Some people are making it without school, Ode.

9 Likes

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by Symorne(m): 8:49am On Feb 25, 2020
Rip to him.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by PotatoSalad(m): 8:50am On Feb 25, 2020
Chaiiiiii haba na. cry
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by YungMike(m): 8:50am On Feb 25, 2020
Schools in Nigeria are not friendly at all. 4months of huge printed handouts, copied notes and one week of Exams with no space in days. Close to 50% of the questions won't even be from the handouts and notes.

Lecturers sexually harassing female students and failing them if they don't succumb to their requests.

Why won't depression set in?

RIP young blood. sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by passover221(m): 8:50am On Feb 25, 2020
RIP bro.

But a little more push is all you needed.

1 Like

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by dangotesmummy: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2020
Smh

Academic depression is one of the most unoticable parts of depression.some individuals with 3rd class or 2.2 who their parents have put massive pressure on slide into depression.its worse when you come from a highly educated family where papa and mama na professor ,uncle, professor,aunty professor, sister and brother PhD holders so they expect the same from you and when you fail to live up to that expectations na family insults and harassments go be your portion.theyll continually remind you how dull,ambitionless and a waste you are meanwhile they fail to realise not everyone is cut out for the academic industry

Academics is good no doubt but coercing children to study a particular course or coercing a child to do masters is what brings about all this academic depression

Some parents will even be giving their children ultimatum of the kind of CGPA they want.

Some lecturers self aren't helping matters.some are sooo rude and insultive especially the female lecturers...gosh

Meanwhile The funny thing about Life is that the principle of success remains the same.sucess is not. Respecter of academic degrees.if you follow them, whether you have a primary school certificate or a PhD it will work for you.its life.

The principle of seed time and harvest
The principle of diligence
The principle of giving
The principle of service/rendering a need or filling a gap(that's where money comes from).you look for a lack in a community,you solve their lack and make money from it

They don't have water, provide borehole and start selling water
They don't have food,open restaurant and start selling food and see how money will be rushing you

Did they teach you all these in business administration, economics or accounting? It's always theory and abstracts with egoistical professors who think they know it all with their tattered suits and 504 that is worn out that they've been driving for ages

These professors are only good memorizers.they cannot turn modern day problems into a means of money making for them.this is exactly what pastors are doing

Why do you think people are more willing to listen to a pastor or an entertainer even that small dirty nairamarley than a professor?this guy's are just out of touch with reality.only a minute few are beginning to have sense

Pastor oyedepo made a statement 5years ago that still resonates in my brain which I can never forget during one of the sermons in canan land.he said how can you be worshipping the fountain of knowledge,the one that has all the wealth in his hands and still be poor.if you die a poor man it's your fault and you will go to hell for wasting the brain God gave you...

That sunday I was angry with myself and went to sleep the sleep of thinking that changes the destiny of a man

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by baike: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2020
Which one is depression Academics again?
Re: Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression by cenaman(m): 8:51am On Feb 25, 2020
God help the youths.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Teacher Who Teaches By Doing Push Up To Demonstrate / Ambrose Alli University Law Students Celebrate Graduation In Grand Style(Photos) / Top Ten Universities Chosen By Candidates During The 2023 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.