Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Stereotype About Only Sons - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stereotype About Only Sons (74314 Views)

Yoruba Couple & 4 Sons Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary In Matching Outfits / Man Teaches His Little Sons How To Smoke Sisha, Gets Blasted, He Fires Back / Meet Laye Ajube And Her 8 Sons And 2 Daughters (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Bluntemperor: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2020
vizkiz:
Bro...It is no stereotype but the absolute truth.

The level of favoritism that goes into being the only son is astonishing!

You are likened to the “Golden egg” who will carry the family’s legacy (hence being a spoilt child). Don’t allow the 21st century’s manipulation that all child are equal deceive you. You will always get favored by your parents than your siblings. undecided

This one you are complaining about being the only son, what do you want those of us who are the First born son to do?

Do you know the level of misconception directed towards our path? Abeg abeg no vex me this afternoon undecided

OP, please answer her questions.She wants to know if you are also a spoilt brat .just tell her the truth on this important issue as you have not said anything concerning your identity .
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by OILOFGLADNESS: 9:18am On Feb 26, 2020
AxelandRed:
While I was out on my first date with my girlfriend, she asked me how many sibling I have, to which I replied. She then proceeded to ask the number of males and females. Then I told her I only have sisters. That moment, her face dropped because we were already Into each other, I could tell she was disappointed.

She tried to hide this, but I noticed. This was Probably because that wasn't the first time I would be getting that reaction from people especially women the moment I tell them I'm the only son of my parents.

I queried her on her sudden change of mood and she told me that she has had unfavorable relationship experiences (twice) in the past with only Sons and has vowed never to try it again. She reasoned that only Sons are too clingy to their families, overpampered, emotionally needy and dependent on their families and hardly have a mind of their own. She also accused the families of always trying to pilot the affairs of the guys even to the extent of making life changing decisions for them.

When i was young, I also had friends who thought I was pampered, showered with extraordinary love and care and that my parents can't turn down any request from me. But the truth is that I never got any special treatment from my parents. The same curtain wire, broom, hanger my mom used to whip my sisters, she also used on me.

My point is that it's unfair to lump people together and label them. If an only son happens to be clingy, it has nothing to do with his status. He would have still been that way if he had 10 brothers.

TRY AND EXPLAIN TO HER AND ASK HER TO GIVE IT A TRIAL

HER SPECULATIONS ARE TRUE BUT SHE SHOULDN'T GENERALISE

A LOT OF ONLY SONS AND LAST BORN HAVE NO SAYINGS OF THEIR OWN, BUT SOME HAVE BROKEN OUT OF IT

U MIGHT BE ONE OF THE FEW!!!!11

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ogaonos: 10:52am On Feb 26, 2020
AxelandRed:
While I was out on my first date with my girlfriend, she asked me how many sibling I have, to which I replied. She then proceeded to ask the number of males and females. Then I told her I only have sisters. That moment, her face dropped because we were already Into each other, I could tell she was disappointed.

She tried to hide this, but I noticed. This was Probably because that wasn't the first time I would be getting that reaction from people especially women the moment I tell them I'm the only son of my parents.

I queried her on her sudden change of mood and she told me that she has had unfavorable relationship experiences (twice) in the past with only Sons and has vowed never to try it again. She reasoned that only Sons are too clingy to their families, overpampered, emotionally needy and dependent on their families and hardly have a mind of their own. She also accused the families of always trying to pilot the affairs of the guys even to the extent of making life changing decisions for them.

When i was young, I also had friends who thought I was pampered, showered with extraordinary love and care and that my parents can't turn down any request from me. But the truth is that I never got any special treatment from my parents. The same curtain wire, broom, hanger my mom used to whip my sisters, she also used on me.

My point is that it's unfair to lump people together and label them. If an only son happens to be clingy, it has nothing to do with his status. He would have still been that way if he had 10 brothers.
I think Ur gf is having an impression DT Ur parents /maybe sisters might b hostile to her because u d only son.either before marriage or after marriage(interms of bearing a son) so d question are u sure Ur pple for house have such mentality if nt let her know they are not like DT Nd she shouldn't be worried

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by osesology(m): 11:03am On Feb 26, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

That is not true

Your girl friend knows nothing about what she is saying

Am also the only son
I got five female siblings

Huzzling go nearly finish you. Stress! You need a great sense of responsibility. You need mental strength
Some matter go happen ehnnn. Those girls nor go fit jump follow you. Na only you go face am. Sometimes you will feel lonely. You go dey huzzle dey use your money for reasonable things for the house but their own money them go dey use am for all type of hair styles: braiding, twisting, Rihanna, bob Marley, buy weavon. Fix okuku hair styles. Them go dey fix nails even fix nails when dey show light in the night. Them go dey mix expensive cream

The only thing i benefits is the unending love they do show me. They direct all their love towards me because girls actually don't love themselves! No household chores for me. I can wake up at anytime and eat.
Fear nor dey let them talk for outside but na for house them dey show muscle!
Damn niggar!
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Liposure: 11:59am On Feb 26, 2020
VICTORCIZA:
The number one issue is that only son normally die earlier (don't get me wrong because it not your portion in ijn) reason is that the eyes of the enemies is always on them.
but when there plenty boys the enemies will be confused who to channel their arsenal first and most time it will be on the first son.
fork u

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Liposure:
fork u
I don't use to reply mention but this your comment got laughing out loud.
why did you think I should be bleeped
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Such stereotypes are from limited knowledge.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by imurboss: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
deltateam:

Forget talk.

The main issue which she didn't tell you is the possibility of having issues with your mum should she marry you.

If child birth delays by 2 years, then you won't even recognize your mum as preparations to get another wife for you ripens.

If I were a woman, I won't marry only son. Forget talk.

I agree with you, even when there is no delayed child birth and you gave birth to only females without a male child........serious wahala!

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
ademijuwonlo:

what about only child and also only son?
.. only child no follow join aunty

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by MrMacinterchi1: 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
daewoorazer:
U may not be pampered, but having a lot of ‘iya oko’ is a red flag for ladies......

A lady is a cancer to another .... that’s how women reason....even nowadays, ladies hardly keep female friends

Your last sentence is so true. A reality fig.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Ladycewhy:
dated a first son ,Omo I felt like a second shadow o. I never even enter house na so so my people said this my people said that,like say me sef nor get people grin.

I just want you to know that Only Son is different from First Son.

You would probably feel the same way If your brother was a first son. Too much financial burden on first Sons.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by cassyrooy(m): 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2020
MarianaTrench:

Last children are the most useless!
Easy tiger. Not all are what you painted.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by cassyrooy(m): 11:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
sharone21:

Even if people say men are unemotional and some cruel, it can never be a guy with sisters especially youngest son. Also, they seem well nurtured, being in the midst of nurturers, they will be the last to behave indecently even for cases of men holding their 'crotch' publicly.
The connecting servers in your brain is perfectly working at an above optimal rate.

Good thinking.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Goodgod213: 6:25am On Mar 18, 2020
Britishcoins:
To be a first son is not an easy task, in fact you will climb the highest mountain and do more dangerous tasks to ensure ur family is on track...

I know what I have passed through to ensure that my siblings are all fine....
But God is always our strength even in the desert God always provides lakes for me the first son

Good morning I spent the last one hour going through your previous posts on Nairaland. We have so many things in common, same age, location (I have stayed in Ibadan for 3 years but just moved to Lagos), I have a unisex salon already. Is there any way I can connect with you on WhatsApp directly. Cheers in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.