Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec (783 Views)

Villagers Apprehensive As Zamfara Bandits Relocate To Katsina / N700m Fraud: Court To Decide Ize-Iyamu’s Fate Today / N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by Joeehiz: 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
N700m fraud: Ize-Iyamu, others apprehensive as EFCC insists on continuing prosecution

…verdict on Metuh unsettles former guber candidate

There is tension and apprehension in the camp of a former governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and four others, who were rearraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) at the Federal High Court in Benin City, over a N700 million election-related fraud.

Investigations revealed that while Ize-Iyamu is exploring different options to get the anti-graft agency to terminate the suit against him, the EFCC has insisted on proceeding with the trial expected to come up on March 2, 2019 in Benin City before Justice M G Umar.

The judgement of Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday which found Chief Olisa Metuh, guilty in a seven-count N400m suit similar to the case involving Ize-Iyamu and the chieftains of the PDP, caused apprehension in their camp, with many ruing their chances in getting off the case unscathed.

Sources said Ize-Iyamu and his supporters are in panic mode, running helter-skelter in search of possible means to secure a soft landing in the trial as he risks a long jail term as a result of his involvement in the fraud case.

“The request for a six-month adjournment was strategic. It would have allowed Ize-Iyamu all the time to strategise as he is gunning for the APC governorship ticket later this year. He is also scheming to get off the noose of the EFCC, exploring different non-legal means.

“But it is heart-warming that the judge has been firm. The EFCC is also very keen on pressing on with the case, especially with the recent conviction of people with similar cases, such as the former National Publicity Secretary of the PDP,” a close watcher of the case, who craved anonymity, said.

The defendants had on February 13, 2020, pleaded for a six-month adjournment of the case but Justice M. G. Umar declined the prayer, threatening to revoke their bail condition if they attempted to delay the commencement of the trial further.

Justice Umar, who adjourned sitting to March 2nd for hearing, maintained that he would not tolerate any form of delay in the prosecution.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu and four other top-ranking members of the PDP were re-arraigned on an eight-count charge of conspiracy to commit money laundering to the tune of N700 million, an offence contrary to section 18 (a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 as amended which is punishable under section 15(3) of the same Act.

Other defendants in the case include former Deputy Governor of Edo State, Lucky Imasuen; PDP chairman in Edo State, Chief Dan Orbih; Tony Aziegbemi and Efe Erimuoghae Anthony.

The EFCC accused the defendants of conspiring among themselves to commit the offence in March, 2015, alleging that they took possession and control of the funds without any contract award from former Minister of Petroleum, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke.

The anti-graft agency also said the defendants allegedly made huge cash payments of various amounts to several people without going through a financial institution.
Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by Otuegbe: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
The war have started

This Obaseki get sense well well. He really know how to play Nigeria politics. Let see hw oshomole will react

2 Likes

Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by JustinOwen(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
Dem go expose all of them one by one

Meanwhile, if you'd like to learn how to make money online (Affiliate marketing) or looking for a side hustle, there's a link in my signature that

could be of help to you. The same has helped me to solve my financial troubles. Just copy the link in my signature and

paste in a browser. Good Luck
Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by ursullalinda(f): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
Obaseki is not smiling @ all.....he is really out for Oshomole.

2 Likes

Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by Staro: 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
Is it not Buhari and EFCC again?
The matter will die
Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by sapientia(m): 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
please, they should hasten it up.

If he is innocent, he should go.

If not,

He should alert Orji Uzo and Metuh to keep bed space for him grin

2 Likes

Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by Unigrad: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sharing the money without conscience.

1 Like

Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by alterego17: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
JustinOwen:

Meanwhile, if you'd like to learn how to make money online (Affiliate marketing) or looking for a side hustle, there's a link in my signature that

could be of help to you. The same has helped me to solve my financial troubles. Just copy the link in my signature and

I can see the the warrior forum...can I get dz email or whatsapp
Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by alterego17: 6:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
JustinOwen:

I can see u are in warrior forum...can I get ur email or whatsapp 4 sum inquiry
Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by Edusteve(m): 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
Just their normal ranting unless APC are not ready to field him if not nothing will happen

Do you need organic traffic to your blog/site or you are not earning much from your AdSense contact me now
Re: N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu, Others Apprehensive As EFCC Insists On Continuing Prosec by ThiagoKid(m): 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Obaseki is not smiling oo

(1) (Reply)

Senator Rose Oko Dies In United Kingdom(photos) / Nigerians On Twitter Wish Buhari Tests Positive To Coronavirus / Why Palliatives Failed To Reach You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.