Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,000 members, 7,863,593 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris (501 Views)

Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja / Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan / Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by WonderManly(m): 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
The Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje on Tuesday announced a ban on street begging by children popularly referred to as Almajiris.
The governor’s spokesperson, Abba Anwar, in a statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES said the effort was to fully consolidate the free and compulsory primary and secondary schools education in the state.
Mr Anwar said the decision was meant to integrate the Almajiri system into the policy and address the lingering problem of street begging.
Mr Ganduje warned that henceforth, Almajiri teachers must accept the new approach put in place by the state government.
“If almijiri teacher thinks he cannot accept the new policy he has to leave the state,” he said.
“When Almajiri are caught begging, it is not only that beggar is caught, but his parents or guardians. Such parents or guardians would be taken to court to face the wrath of the law,” Mr Anwar quoted his principal as saying in the statement.
According to the statement, the governor announced the decision during the launching of Basic Education Service Delivery for All (BESDA) and Distribution of Offer of Appointment to 7,500 volunteer teachers, held at Sani Abacha Stadium.
“This policy of free and compulsory basic and secondary education goes along with its integration of our Almajiri system into the mainstream policy implementation. This suggests that English and Arithmetic must be included in the Almajiri schools curriculum,” the governor said.

This, according to him, will give those children other types of education, while they will continue acquiring their knowledge of the Holy Qur’an.
“That will give them an opportunity to continue with their studies to secondary schools and beyond,” the governor highlighted.
At the event, 7,500 newly recruited teacher volunteers under the BESDA programme were given letters of appointment.
“They will be posted to Islamiyyah and Almajiri schools, so that our Almajiri schools would be fully integrated under our new policy of education,” the statement added.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/379027-just-in-kano-govt-bans-street-begging-by-almajiris.html?fbclid=IwAR0pzxyDgqZ3y4-bsLqbmZhof7_BbzBIFK89cnqN8Xv6xYoxIiFirbPAbhg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by opportunes: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
good

1 Like

Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by Citytrend: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Forget it. That has happened a thousand and one times with no result.
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by donbachi(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
boko haram foot soldiers go increase.
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by mushystuff: 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Very good! I hope they efficiently and effectively follow through.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by xreal: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Is it possible?

In Kano especially.
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by LegendHero(m): 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nice one. They should start enforcing it immediately.

Kudos to Kano government.
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by nameo: 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Thank God!!!

At least i just read a good news about Nigeria.

This makes me really happy. Those kids need it.
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by festacman(m): 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by GamalNasser: 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
It can never hold !!!! KANO IS A BEGGARS PARADISE ..Na Kano you go see beggar wey get 20 houses
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
The children of hate are not happy
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by blasted12: 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
Has this policy been fully thought through? The almajiri system as is being currently practiced in the north has it's peculiar complexities. The solution will involve the input from the major stakeholders in the core north. I don't think mere legislation will make the problem go away overnight
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by Itsme0I: 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
blasted12:
Has this policy been fully thought through? The almajiri system as is being currently practiced in the north has it's peculiar complexities. The solution will involve the input from the major stakeholders in the core north. I don't think mere legislation will make the problem go away overnight
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by Mrshape: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
They want to import their product to the south?
Remain in your state
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by firo08(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Am scared.
They shouldn't come to my beloved south.
We don't need them.
Re: JUST IN : Kano Govt Bans Street Begging By Almajiris by Corrections: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2020
grin.......LET THE BEGGERS GO TO THE NORTH AND PROTEST AGAINST THE BAN .

I HOPE SOUTHWEST or SOUTHERN GOVERNMENT WOULD DO THE NEEDFUL.

(1) (Reply)

Characters On Nairaland / BREAKING: Aminu Ado Bayero Announced As New Emir Of Kano / Femi Fani-kayode Uploads Video Of A Man Attempting To Assault President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.