Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,790 members, 7,844,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU (1736 Views)

2015: The Journey To Otueke Is Sacrosanct / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US / 2015: It’s Either A Northerner Or No More Nigeria - Farouk Adamu Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by maimalari: 9:36am On Dec 18, 2010
The deputy director atiku campaign organization, Mr Udenta Udenta  in an interview with a national daily;

How do you view the endorsement of
President Jonathan by the South-East political
leaders, especially Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the
governors of the region??

Endorsement by who? Igbo leaders? Like Dim Emeka
Odumegwu Ojukwu? His Excellency, Dr. Alex
Ekwueme? His Excellency, Chief Jim Nwobodo, Chief
S.N Okeke, Senator Ken Nnamani, Sen. Ben Obi, Prof.
ABC Nwosu, Prof. C.C Soludo, Dr. Sam Egwu, Prof.
(Mrs.) Chinwe Obaji, Chief Achike Udenwa, Hon.
Dubem Onyia, and thousands of renowned Igbo sons,
daughters and stakeholders ’ groups? Or his
endorsement, by a handful of self-serving pretenders
who are motivated by instant gratification of power?
Don ’t delude yourself. The Igbo 2015 presidency is
sacrosanct, a spiritual thing. It is no longer politics as
you know it, but a crusade, a sacred struggle, a
search for identity and the stilling of the ghosts of
past unbecoming. Igbo people have spoken with one
voice, and the sound of their collective plea resonates
far and wide. They stand by zoning and rotation of
power. They stand on the side of honour, integrity
and respect of agreements.
They know it to their bones that the completion of
the North ’s presidential term in 2015 will signal the
beginning of the long delayed Igbo presidential
journey in 2015; and with that the real end of the
civil war. Nothing will distract them from realising
this mission or fulfilling this expectation, not least,
the empty noise of a few individuals in their midst
whose Igboness is being daily called into question.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by chyz(m): 9:38am On Dec 18, 2010
Must these fools and sell outs continue talking about Igbo presidency to the public. How bout keep quiet and way options.Oh and umm not selling out. angry
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by maimalari: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2010
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by okpismart: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2010
Mr Udenta Udenta is a complete sell-out. It's his type that are gradually turning igbos into a laughing stock
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by pingpong1: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2010
Stand up and be counted. Other zones have their calendar ticked already. Tick yours and CLAIM IT.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by wesley80(m): 9:55am On Dec 18, 2010
The most annoying thing is how much these folks believe they represent Ndigbo!
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by pingpong1: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2010
Deep down GEJ believes he is carrying the ND flag and you support him and denounce you turn.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by pingpong1: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2010
Have not heard that GEJ kept mute when asked where the presidency will rotate to after his (unlikey) next term?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by maimalari: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2010
2023 na our turn oooo. Make I no see any ibo man or hausa man. This zoning/tribal jamboree is worth acting in nollywood. LMFAO. grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by pingpong1: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2010
If you dont claim yours in 2015-2023, forget it till 2031. Good grief!!!!
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by chyz(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2010
ping pong:

If you dont claim yours in 2015-2023, forget it till 2031. Good grief!!!!       

maimalari:

2023 na our turn oooo. Make I no see any ibo man or hausa man. This zoning/tribal jamboree is worth acting in nollywood. LMFAO. grin grin grin

^^^It's funny how beavis & butt-head think their comments are going to change anything. Ndigbo as of now,generally speaking, are  behind GEJ. cool
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by pingpong1: 10:14am On Dec 18, 2010
You enjoyed the Senate Presidency for 8 years 1999-2003 and currently PDP Chairman and you still say no to zoning?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by chyz(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2010
ping pong:

You enjoyed the Senate Presidency for 8 years 1999-2003 and currently PDP Chairman and you still say no to zoning?   

Who is "YOU"? I ain't yoruba.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by pingpong1: 10:22am On Dec 18, 2010
@chyz - I am just musing randomly imploring my Igbo friends 2 champion d 2015 project. I am not Igbo. 2011 is 4 d North
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by pingpong1: 10:25am On Dec 18, 2010
When its the turn of the SW, boy!! I will champion it too.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by MetalGong4: 11:39am On Dec 18, 2010
chyz:

Must these fools and sell outs continue talking about Igbo presidency to the public. How bout keep quiet and way options.Oh and umm not selling out. angry

You must be an idiot . . . . Your type are the real sellouts and saboteurs we have in Igboland . . Dr. Udenta Udenta and other eminent Igbo sons and daughters are advocating for Igbo presidency while you are here talking yati yati. . . You even have the gut to call them fools . . . Okpo!! sad sad
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by vigasimple(m): 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2010
I am surprised that people who do not know history are falling for cheap political stunt by longthroath fools.

There have been federal character in this country to accommodate everybody but when it comes to the Presidency it has been 'THE NORTHERN PROPERTY' and you should all remeber 'BORN TO RULE'.  This was the case until the election and 'murder' of MKO Abiola, and the North saw handwriting on the wall that the SW might secceed, they are FORCED to hand over to OBJ, a know Hausa/fulani sympathiser, but which in fairness to him, he want a UNITED NIGERIA.

All the Noise about zoning is to get power back to the North, and the south will never see the power again. IT IS THE BIGGEST POLITICAL FRAUD right now, anyone who fall for it will surely regret it.

GEJ is the closest to Igbo Presidency, and the Igbo can have it in 2015 or 2019, but quite frankly the issue in this country today is not about Igbo Presidency but someone that can lead Nigeria and deliver to every Nigerians.Period. How much did OBJ deliver to SW?

Atiku and IBB has not champion anything Igbo until they started running for Presidency. All they do is to marry  a person from the zone and settle few people who are now coming out to increase their wealth by supporting those 2 most corrupt politicians in Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by slap1(m): 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2010
These Atiku ti ku loyalists are funny. Today they'd threaten fire and thunder, tomorrow they'd cajole and wave olive branch, the next day they'd say it will be a calamity if they lose. These are sure signs of a sinking group.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by egift(m): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
Its sad that CHY will only be happy with the whole of south east if we sell our waste our rights and previlages on an Ijaw man who is willing to stab us any day to remain in power. Imagine goodluck pleading for the support of the North with the promise of returning power to them when he is through and that they (the North) should remember how his fathers open their doors to help the invade and brutalize the East during the war.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by ChinenyeN(m): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2010
Seems like this Mr Udenta actually believes all the things coming out of his mouth. Sad. It's even sadder that he wants to make such a thing a priority.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by Obiagu1(m): 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2010
Those that were old enough to see how the Igbos fought so hard for this rotational presidency will not want to discard it. Its kids that know nothing that will say what they don't know about.

The issue of rotational presidency WAS CHAMPIONED BY THE IGBOS. Ekwueme and co spearheaded it and thus resulted in the creation of the 6 geopolitical zones where the presidency would be rotated.

If you don't know where you came from, you definitely won't know where you are heading to.

Kill rotational presidency by supporting GEJ, then you should equally be ready to bear the pain of marginalization which we've suffered since after the Civil War.

I’ll keep saying it, it’s only silly and shortsighted Igbos that will support GEJ.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by egift(m): 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Seems like this Mr Udenta actually believes all the things coming out of his mouth. Sad. It's even sadder that he wants to make such a thing a priority.

No Chy:
Its more pathetic that you (who claim to be 100% Igbo) go all about Nairaland selling the idea that Ndigbo should abandon their mutual benefit for the sake of an Ijaw man that has never in his life or that of anyone remotely related to him stick his neck for the benefit of Aligbo.

We can receive attacks from non-igbo (but more painful when its a sister stabbing us).
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by egift(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2010
I know we all cannot want the same thing - But how about Common/Mutual benefit? Except you are an Ijaw? (It will make sense) and I will take back what I said above.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by ChinenyeN(m): 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2010
egift:

No Chy:
Its more pathetic that you (who claim to be 100% Igbo) go all about Nairaland selling the idea that Ndigbo should abandon their mutual benefit for the sake of an Ijaw man that has never in his life or that of anyone remotely related to him stick his neck for the benefit of Aligbo.
Egift, so are you saying that you believe that I want Igbo to abandon presidency (I'm assuming that's what you mean by 'mutual benefit') for Jonathan?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by pingpong1: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2010
I have spoken. Igbos work towards 2015 which will not materialise is you support GEJ. You dont have 2 support Atiku.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by egift(m): 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Egift, so are you saying that you believe that I want Igbo to abandon presidency (I'm assuming that's what you mean by 'mutual benefit') for Jonathan?

Yes, so I presume. Maybe you have to look at you previous comment on this particular thread (highlighted below)

ChinenyeN:

Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by ChinenyeN(m): 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2010
I guess my post wasn't clear enough then. Regarding the first bolded, I was simply commenting on Mr Udenta's energetic response to that question; making an observation. He seemed like he really believed everything he was saying, and that he would stand by that to the end; no matter what. Regarding the second bolded segment, I am showing my disagreement over prioritizing. He called Igbo presidency sacrosanct, and to me, that's simply saying that it should be the #1 priority, which I find disagreeable. It has nothing to do with Jonathan at all.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by jumobi1(m): 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
Due to the fact that our previous leaders before OBJ were Northerners (minus Shonekan), shouldn't PDP have zoned 2007 to the S.E? I agree with your statement bro. This Zoning thing is a SCAM.

vigasimple:

I am surprised that people who do not know history are falling for cheap political stunt by longthroath fools.

There have been federal character in this country to accommodate everybody but when it comes to the Presidency it has been 'THE NORTHERN PROPERTY' and you should all remeber 'BORN TO RULE'.  This was the case until the election and 'murder' of MKO Abiola, and the North saw handwriting on the wall that the SW might secceed, they are FORCED to hand over to OBJ, a know Hausa/fulani sympathiser, but which in fairness to him, he want a UNITED NIGERIA.

All the Noise about zoning is to get power back to the North, and the south will never see the power again. IT IS THE BIGGEST POLITICAL FRAUD right now, anyone who fall for it will surely regret it.

GEJ is the closest to Igbo Presidency, and the Igbo can have it in 2015 or 2019, but quite frankly the issue in this country today is not about Igbo Presidency but someone that can lead Nigeria and deliver to every Nigerians.Period. How much did OBJ deliver to SW?

Atiku and IBB has not champion anything Igbo until they started running for Presidency. All they do is to marry  a person from the zone and settle few people who are now coming out to increase their wealth by supporting those 2 most corrupt politicians in Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by ProAnti: 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2010
The Igbo people, like all Igbo friends of mine, should realize they are being used as political pawns by the 2011 contenders. If the presidency goes to the North in 2011, nothing stops it from going back to the South-South. Remember, the much talked about zoning is a North-South thing not necessarily a struggle by geo-political zones.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by houvest: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2010
Bros complete information is vital in this matter not partial. Igbos championed rotational Presidency among the six zones as you said at Abacha's Constitutional conference but the North resisted it and pushed for rotation between North and South . IGBOS NEVER CHAMPIONED ZONING OF THE PRESIDENCY BETWEEN NORTH AND SOUTH, THAT WAS A NORTHERN AGENDA. The contention was so sharp that it nearly stopped that Constitutional Conference.
It is only the truth you know that can set you free. What was at the back of the mind of Igbos when thery championed rotational presidency?  It was so that all the six geopolitical zones will taste the presidency starting with those that have not or have not tasted it in proportion to the others. So why do you want power to go back to the North that has had it for 38 years as against the SS that has had it for zero years, Note that GEJ is completing the North's slot by reason of Yaradua's death) and the SE that has tasted it for only 6 months? Partial information is dangerous and may be self-destructive.

Obiagu1:

Those that were old enough to see how the Igbos fought so hard for this rotational presidency will not want to discard it. Its kids that know nothing that will say what they don't know about.

The issue of rotational presidency WAS CHAMPIONED BY THE IGBOS. Ekwueme and co spearheaded it and thus resulted in the creation of the 6 geopolitical zones where the presidency would be rotated.

If you don't know where you came from, you definitely won't know where you are heading to.

Kill rotational presidency by supporting GEJ, then you should equally be ready to bear the pain of marginalization which we've suffered since after the Civil War.

I’ll keep saying it, it’s only silly and shortsighted Igbos that will support GEJ.
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by Obiagu1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2010
houvest:

Bros complete information is vital in this matter not partial. Igbos championed rotational Presidency among the six zones as you said at Abacha's Constitutional conference but the North resisted it and pushed for rotation between North and South . IGBOS NEVER CHAMPIONED ZONING OF THE PRESIDENCY BETWEEN NORTH AND SOUTH, THAT WAS A NORTHERN AGENDA. The contention was so sharp that it nearly stopped that Constitutional Conference.
It is only the truth you know that can set you free. What was at the back of the mind of Igbos when thery championed rotational presidency?  It was so that all the six geopolitical zones will taste the presidency starting with those that have not or have not tasted it in proportion to the others. So why do you want power to go back to the North that has had it for 38 years as against the SS that has had it for zero years, Note that GEJ is completing the North's slot by reason of Yaradua's death) and the SE that has tasted it for only 6 months? Partial information is dangerous and may be self-destructive.

The northern argument was that the rotation must be between the North and the South while rotating among the 3 regions in both the North and the South. So what is the partial info there?
Re: Igbo Must Be President In 2015. It Is Sacrosanct And Sacred- ATIKU by egift(m): 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2010
My only problem with those against Zoning is that while everyone have had a filled day with Zoning (including Jonathan) and is just a stone throw to SE - you all now thinks its been been a mistake.

Most of the support for Jonathan is just an effort to ensure it does not get to Ndigbo. I therefore believe Ndigbo ought to do all they can to ensure their turn comes true too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Ait Studios And Office At Alagbado, Lagos Is On Fire / IBB denies Boko Haram link as sect threatens mobile phone operators / hh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.