Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN (16814 Views)

FIRS Generates ₦4.9trn, Unveils Call Centre To Address Taxpayers’ Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by jarawa: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2020
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has again said it is mandatory for all taxpayers and companies to register and obtain the Tax Identification Number (TIN) and display it on all documents supporting business transactions before April 12, 2020. FIRS made this known in a public notice published on Monday which was signed by its Chairman, Muhammed Nami.

It stated that every company or business “shall provide their TIN to relevant providers of financial services not later 12th April, 2020, in order to update their existing records for accounts opened prior to the coming into effect of the Finance Act, 2019.” It also said banks and other financial institutions are required to request for TIN as a precondition for opening new accounts for companies and any other business.

It further explained that Section 3 of the Finance Act, 2019, substituted the provision of Section 10 of the Companies Income Tax Act (CITA) which explains that “every company shall have a Tax Identification Number (TIN) which shall be displayed by the company on all business transactions with other companies and individuals and on every document, statement, returns, audited accounts and correspondence with revenue authorities, including the Federal Inland Revenue Service, ministries and all government agencies.”

The notice also read, “Every person engaged in banking and other financial services in Nigeria shall require all companies to provide their TIN as precondition for opening an account or in case of an account already opened within three months of the passage of this act, the bank requires such TIN to be provided by all companies as precondition for continued operation of their bank accounts.”

In a separate notice, FIRS notified taxpayers that payment of tax is to be made on or before the due date of filing in one lump sum or installment. This according to the service, is pursuant to the amendments to Section 77 of the Companies Income Tax Act, (CITA) by Section 18 of the Finance Act.

The service further noted that it would grant approval to any taxpayer that wishes to pay in installments prior to the due date of filing and final installment must be paid on or before the due date of filing. FIRS added that any tax due and unpaid by the due date of filing shall attract interest and penalties as provided in the extant tax laws.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/firs-sets-april-12-deadline-for-taxpayers-to-get-tin.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by ibrahim286(m): 7:26am On Feb 26, 2020
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by TechCapon(m): 7:26am On Feb 26, 2020
So everyone using banking services must get TIN so the tax can be deducted from their accounts automatically. Students, pdp, apc everybody must pay tax

18 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by kolawolejohn(m): 7:26am On Feb 26, 2020
TIN war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by AngryIgboMan: 7:26am On Feb 26, 2020

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Kingjoe7: 7:27am On Feb 26, 2020
Shay students day pay tax ni, I got this message last week

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by MRAKBEE(m): 7:27am On Feb 26, 2020
Rubbish... This is a zombie Republic
Tax payment can only be encouraged in a political system where good governance exists.

7 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Simplebeauty: 7:27am On Feb 26, 2020
grin

he/she who has ear let him hear

Meanwhile we buy existing loans at affordable rates
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by iLegendd(m): 7:28am On Feb 26, 2020
Tax? Haha.
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by priscaoge(f): 7:28am On Feb 26, 2020
It stated that every company or business “shall provide their TIN to relevant providers of financial services not later 12th April, 2020, in order to update their existing records for accounts opened prior to the coming into effect of the Finance Act, 2019.” It also said banks and other financial institutions are required to request for TIN as a precondition for opening new accounts for companies and any other business.

As important as this is, I hope they channel the money into good use. Let the Masses enjoy common Social amenities, good road, well equipped hospital and a standard/conducive learning environment.
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Authoreety: 7:28am On Feb 26, 2020
Wetin dem dey use am do?

Nothing dey work for this country
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Jestin: 7:29am On Feb 26, 2020
For the guy above asking what they have done with the previous money realized from taxpayers, you should know every government depend on taxes to funds public expenditure. Even developed counties don’t joke with taxes .

1 Like

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Nlearn: 7:29am On Feb 26, 2020
We have been pay Tax as a corporate company.. Over the years..

What HV this government been doing to SEM in Nigeria.

This is just Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Bookins: 7:29am On Feb 26, 2020
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by IamMichaels: 7:29am On Feb 26, 2020
Abeg this government should create jobs and not more Avenue to ensure sucking of the masses little fund
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by helinues: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2020
They government will be giving the citizens deadline to pay tax as if we are benefitting from what we are paying for .

Deadline to, Aliveline ni

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by geedot: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2020
What would happen failure to do so?
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by aguiyalaebuka: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2020
TechCapon:
So everyone using banking services must get TIN so the tax can be deducted from their accounts automatically. Students, pdp, apc everybody must pay tax
Its hurrible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by vivalavida(m): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2020
I need someone to esplain this better.

Does it mean individuals must also have their TIN or just corporate organisations?
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by GOFRONT(m): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2020
Na wa for Mr Babatunde Fowler.....
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by 4four(m): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2020
This TIN will curb a lot of companies and organization that have been cutting corners in this country, I take for example, i was paying up to 8k to 9k every month as tax in the company I am working but the Advent of this TIN in January, it has reduce to 4k5. This mean the company either have not been paying my tax to government or they are over deducing my salaries. This what is going on in a lot of foreign own companies especially indians, Chinese and Lebanese own companies and locally own companies by Nigerians. I think this Tin will reduced fraudulent activities in our taxing system to some extents

10 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by don4real18(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2020
grin
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by vivalavida(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2020
GOFRONT:
Na wa for Mr Fowler..

Be updated. Fowler's tenure has ended. There is an aboki there now.

10 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by ellalina(f): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2020
Hello people I keep getting a message from firs saying
Dear emmanuella, go and file your tax return before 30th march or face sanctions. I don't understand or know what to do

5 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by jantofubu(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2020
Rubbish talk

Tax that will be used to furnish the future of politicians children

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by dayleke: 7:34am On Feb 26, 2020
Na wah o....

Nigeria, we hail there.....
Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Officialgarri: 7:35am On Feb 26, 2020
You people are mad � angry I'm not encouraged to pay tax anymore since what they do with my money is to buy luxury cars for ordinary law makers angry

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 26, 2020
OK.. What is tax pls? And what is the full meaning of Tin

Mind u, Ama graduate

1 Like

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:38am On Feb 26, 2020
TechCapon:

Go and read it again, slowly.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN by Jabioro: 7:39am On Feb 26, 2020
FIRS should send their representative to bank branhes to make it easy except they are intended to create another cubersome activities like NIN nature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Oyetola Signs Amotekun Bill, Asks Osun Residents To Adhere To Law / May Nigeria Never Witness Another Buhari’s Govt — Primate Ayodele / 10th NASS: APC Plotting Arrest Of Lawmakers-elect Over Leadership Tussle, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.