Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 (39159 Views)

Discos Make N1tn Amid Grid Crisis, Unmetered Customers Hit 5.8m / NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers / FG Withdraws Power Of Attorney For 40% Shares In Discos From BPE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by Okwarakele: 4:00am On Feb 27, 2020
No problems
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by hayordheji1: 6:49am On Feb 27, 2020
I can sense the feelings that everybody is happy
Well, let me tell you that the Discos now have the power to also disconnect any customer that didn't pick up the pre paid meters. Meaning, they don't want to bill customers that 1800 and hence will force the pick up of the ppm which is not free. If you don't have money now to purchase the ppm then your light would be disconnected until you have money to pick it up and install in your house before you will be reconnected.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by ikorodureporta: 7:22am On Feb 27, 2020
hayordheji1:
Well, let me tell you that the Discos now have the power to also disconnect any customer that didn't pick up the pre paid meters. Meaning, they don't want to bill customers that 1800 and hence will force the pick up of the ppm which is not free. If you don't have money now to purchase the ppm then your light would be disconnected until you have money to pick it up and install in your house before you will be reconnected.

They too wl lose revenue... When everyone go turn to gen, I go see where them go collect 10k per house monthly

1 Like

Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by NaMeAboki: 7:36am On Feb 27, 2020
edoairways:

It isn't awesome. The discos would now supply more power to areas that generate huge revenue at the expense of the masses.

It seems so oO! because my area which is almost all metered have been enjoying nearly 24 hrs uninterrupted supply in the last 3 days - my generators are subsequently redundant; hope it continues like that.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by Bluntemperor: 8:48am On Feb 27, 2020
[quote author=kerzhim post=86972666]For Nigerians to have adequate power supply, all residents needs to be metered. [/q

The greatest fraudulent activities is in DISCOs and GEMCOS-sending Estimated Bills to your Phone in disguise.
In fact it is one of the undoings of former President Jonathan.
Now this Buhari has not gotten it on Light issues either.GEJ did started well by the unbundling of the then NEPA but abandoned the whole concept to politicians,including former Presidents and their cronies-thinking they would help him secure second term in office.The question is this-how could the State Officials that cannot fix this all important problem be the solution?
The problem now has gotten worse as major professionals have been sacked, retired or resigned and the Masses are left in darkness!!!
is this the way industrialisation is achieved in America,London or Singapore?.Too Shameful!!
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by Teeabod(m): 8:51am On Feb 27, 2020
Instructing consumers to kill whosoever that brings bill greater than #1800 should be beta.. that's gonna be the real deal!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by fineboynl(m): 9:00am On Feb 27, 2020
I really don't understand all this.

how much is a unit that's 1 kWh in total for a prepared meter including tax. e.g 1kWh 1unit
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by do4luv14(m): 9:01am On Feb 27, 2020
Ya head dey there,

that was/is the major reason of bypassing, and the discos are behinde it

mechanics:
Good one, but they should also make sure the prepaid meters don't run fast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by MrHeff(m): 9:06am On Feb 27, 2020
AmazingELixir:
undecided

Nonsense!...NERC just want to finally kill off the discos, even those with the metering units still shunt the lines, leaving just the lighting units hooked to the meter while connecting the heavy appliances to the bypassed loop.....how do they want these guys to remain solvent for heaven's sake.

Power theft is a serious problem unless that is fixed by all stakeholders, estimated billings should be left alone cos that's how the discos break even.
using fraudulent practices to justify fraudulent practices. This is why I have no pity for the discos you are shamelessly defending. They should liquidate and sell off to capable people if they know they can't handle it. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by hayordheji1: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
ikorodureporta:

They too wl lose revenue... When everyone go turn to gen, I go see where them go collect 10k per house monthly

It's much costlier to run on Gen as compare to the conventional light. Once all in your transformer has been metered, Discos will have no choice other than supply more light to them. But saying they will lose Revenue, not likely because once you were disconnected, it means less energy would be drawn from the grid and less money payable by the Discos. You need to understand how power sector works.

1 Like

Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by SilentVboy: 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2020
adanny01:

You cant go to them straight. You have to write your complain to the disco and after 15days if no reply, you write to the state NERC office, if no result, then proceed to NERC HQ.
Hi bro. I did the same over here in d south.
From 4k to 9k bill, phed now increase to 35k.
I wrote to phed and copied Nerc. Nerc responded and told phed to follow up within 10days.

After few days the phed rep called for a face to face chat. The rep said that the PPM is not free anymore but now sold and supplied by MAP (private). The ppm one phase meter is 40k (for 3phase, its 72k). At d end, the rep gave me a load form to write down the load we use at home.

What do u suggest?
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by edoairways: 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
DownChelsea:
If you live in an area where they don’t use prepaid meters, your power supply will drop drastically.

Power supply will only favour areas that use the prepaid meter system.
Are you sure?
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by edoairways: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
joinnow:

why must 9ja own be different.
when i was in Ghana upon thunderstorm and rain fall the light did not blink.
adanny01 why is ours different from Ghana? I noticed that it takes longer hours to restore power after thunderstorm not even rain or windstorm.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by edoairways: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
AmazingELixir:
undecided

Nonsense!...NERC just want to finally kill off the discos, even those with the metering units still shunt the lines, leaving just the lighting units hooked to the meter while connecting the heavy appliances to the bypassed loop.....how do they want these guys to remain solvent for heaven's sake.

Power theft is a serious problem unless that is fixed by all stakeholders, estimated billings should be left alone cos that's how the discos break even.
But the estimated billing are outrageous.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by edoairways: 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
donlemson:
on my own bill it shows that Power Consumption(kWh) is 1,293.00 for the month of Jan 2020 amount to pay NGN29,596.77
This is on a high side, who do i complain to, for this excess bill? ikeja electric
Are you running a factory?
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by adanny01(m): 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2020
edoairways:

adanny01 why is ours different from Ghana? I noticed that it takes longer hours to restore power after thunderstorm not even rain or windstorm.

They do physical inspection before turning on
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by adanny01(m): 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2020
SilentVboy:
I wrote to phed and copied Nerc. Nerc responded and told phed to follow up within 10days.

After few days the phed rep called for a face to face chat. The rep said that the PPM is not free anymore but now sold and supplied by MAP (private). The ppm one phase meter is 40k (for 3phase, its 72k). At d end, the rep gave me a load form to write down the load we use at home.

What do u suggest?

I think the formalities is acceptable. Fill the form and submit. Even though this NERC should squash the load estimate but you to want to miss any opportunity.

Yes, Single phase is about 40k and 3phase is above 60k.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by mechanics(m): 9:00am On Feb 28, 2020
do4luv14:

Ya head dey there,

that was/is the major reason of bypassing, and the discos are behinde it

You are right.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by SilentVboy: 9:08am On Feb 28, 2020
adanny01:

I think the formalities is acceptable. Fill the form and submit. Even though this NERC should squash the load estimate but you to want to miss any opportunity.

Yes, Single phase is about 40k and 3phase is above 60k.
Thanks bro.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by do4luv14(m): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2020
Its just like Mtn billing you #50 for a one minute call

mechanics:
You are right.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by do4luv14(m): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2020
So nah spiritual inspection Ghana dey do kenu

adanny01:

They do physical inspection before turning on
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by do4luv14(m): 11:29am On Feb 28, 2020
Hi sorry, am still confuse about this phase meterring, for a residnts with 8 rooms, and one shop,

what kind of meter is advisable to use, 1 phase or what?

SilentVboy:

What do u suggest?
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by mechanics(m): 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
do4luv14:

Its just like Mtn billing you #50 for a one minute call

Yes o, don't mind them, it's well, we just have regulate our appliances so it won't consume much power.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by SilentVboy: 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
do4luv14:

Hi sorry, am still confuse about this phase meterring, for a residnts with 8 rooms, and one shop,

what kind of meter is advisable to use, 1 phase or what?

From what i learnt, if your compound has 3 phase light( A, B, C) and u bought one prepaid meter, it will only be connected to one phase (A) of your light. That means, if there is no light on line A, but there is light on line B, then u that have one prepaid meter connected to only line A, will not have light.
So to have light from line A, B,C, u need 3 prepaid meters, which is above 60k. No be small thing oo.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by do4luv14(m): 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
Chaii so if the three line have light, and my meter is only consuming from one line,

does it means i will be paying for three line?

SilentVboy:
From what i learnt, if your compound has 3 phase light( A, B, C) and u bought one prepaid meter, it will only be connected to one phase (A) of your light. That means, if there is no light on line A, but there is light on line B, then u that have one prepaid meter connected to only line A, will not have light.
So to have light from line A, B,C, u need 3 prepaid meters, which is above 60k. No be small thing oo.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by SilentVboy: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
do4luv14:

Chaii so if the three line have light, and my meter is only consuming from one line,

does it means i will be paying for three line?

No bro. Remember, its prepaid meter. so u only recharge the line that has light and use. so u are d one to choose which to recharge.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by do4luv14(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Three phase meter it is then, cos when a phase had no line, the other which have will kick in right?

Cos when there was no line in either redline, we call an electricians, who climb the pole to change it, meter or not,

so how is that atainable with prepaid three phase meter?

SilentVboy:
No bro. Remember, its prepaid meter. so u only recharge the line that has light and use. so u are d one to choose which to recharge.
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by edoairways: 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
hayordheji1:
It is still better than those outrageous bills
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by edoairways: 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
do4luv14:
So nah spiritual inspection Ghana dey do kenu

cheesy grin what he meant was that the disco staff trace the distribution lines before restoring power
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by do4luv14(m): 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
The main thing is why does they cut off supply during raining, thunderstorm, and others

or are you saying when transformer blows up, they trace the line to where it blows off?

edoairways:

cheesy grin what he meant was that the disco staff trace the distribution lines before restoring power
Re: NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 by edoairways: 8:02am On Feb 29, 2020
do4luv14:

The main thing is why does they cut off supply during raining, thunderstorm, and others

or are you saying when transformer blows up, they trace the line to where it blows off?

In most cases they don't cut off power rather it trip off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ralph Nwosu Visits 2nd Niger Bridge On Assessment Tour / Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) / Lagos State Labour Party Secures Court Order Compelling INEC To Transmit Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.