Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? (2700 Views)

Toyota Camry Pencil Light Transmission Wahala. / Used Car Battery For Sale 100amp / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by Coolis: 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
My car battery was stolen from the car last Monday night. I don't have budget for another one for the moment. The car has remain at the very spot it was when the battery was stolen till today. A friend offered to give me a 100amp battery. Please my people with good knowledge of autos, is it appropriate to use a 100amp battery in pencil light Toyota Camry model, that is if the battery can adequately be placed on the battery sitting?
Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by Oowel(m): 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Very well as long as it's 12V...

2 Likes

Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by Coolis: 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
I don't take avoidable risk, I asked if I 'll be good using a bigger amp battery say 100 in a smaller car like Toyota Camry pencil light. No one has responded to my Question yet. Please do
Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by woodrow(m): 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
So far it's still 12v,it would work. But I doubt it wld sit in d battery space

4 Likes

Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by AshipaEk0: 6:50am On Feb 27, 2020
Coolis:
My car battery was stolen from the car last Monday night. I don't have budget for another one for the moment. The car has remain at the very spot it was when the battery was stolen till today. A friend offered to give me a 100amp battery. Please my people with good knowledge of autos, is it appropriate to use a 100amp battery in pencil light Toyota Camry model, that is if the battery can adequately be placed on the battery sitting?

The voltage is what is important. 12 Volts

The amperage just means it will last longer at certain use cases and can tolerate higher power draws.

It's more than adequate and would serve, IF you can fit it in your car.

It's likely to be bigger in size than what you previously had

1 Like

Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by Coolis: 11:34am On Feb 27, 2020
Thank you all, now I know the only thing to worry about is how fix it on the battery sitting properly.
Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by speedyconnect3: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2020
AshipaEk0:

The voltage is what is important. 12 Volts

The amperage just means it will last longer at certain use cases and can tolerate higher power draws.

It's more than adequate and would serve, IF you can fit it in your car.

It's likely to be bigger in size than what you previously had

Story, if the voltage is all that matters, why can't you use motorcycle battery of less than 40 ahms, since it's 12 volts?

1 Like

Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by AshipaEk0: 8:53am On Feb 28, 2020
speedyconnect3:

Story, if the voltage is all that matters, why can't you use motorcycle battery of less than 40 ahms, since it's 12 volts?

your answer is in your question. OP is talking of a battery of higher capacity, you are talking of tiny, lower capacity battery

the car runs a 12 volts system

starting a car and running the electricals are 2 different things.

incase you don't know you can jump start a car with a portable power bank, the type you use to charge your phones. google it.

its possible the motorcycle battery can start it if it is 12 volts and has sufficient current withstand the initial draw

but you can't run the car off that small battery because it can't produce enough current to run all the components. The vehicle draws more current than the battery can produce or take in from the alternator

thats where the battery capacity comes in.

so the car requires a battery of at 75 amps, but will start and even run on 45 amps (if the car isn't finicky)

my vehicle recommends 100 amps, but i use a 75 amps battery.

in this person's case he wants to use a higher capacity that exceeds his cars 75 amps. so how is that a problem?

this thing is practically a common sense issue

4 Likes

Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by speedyconnect3: 10:35am On Feb 28, 2020
AshipaEk0:

your answer is in your question. OP is talking of a battery of higher capacity, you are talking of tiny, lower capacity battery

the car runs a 12 volts system

starting a car and running the electricals are 2 different things.

incase you don't know you can jump start a car with a portable power bank, the type you use to charge your phones. google it.

its possible the motorcycle battery can start it if it is 12 volts and has sufficient current withstand the initial draw

but you can't run the car off that small battery because it can't produce enough current to run all the components. The vehicle draws more current than the battery can produce or take in from the alternator

thats where the battery capacity comes in.

so the car requires a battery of at 75 amps, but will start and even run on 45 amps (if the car isn't finicky)

my vehicle recommends 100 amps, but i use a 75 amps battery.

in this person's case he wants to use a higher capacity that exceeds his cars 75 amps. so how is that a problem?

this thing is practically a common sense issue

Oga you said initially that voltage is all that matters. That he could proceed since it's 12 volts.

I now refuted that when I said that the amperage is also important.

I didn't ask you to go on voyage of adventure.
Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by AshipaEk0: 1:45pm On Feb 28, 2020
speedyconnect3:

Oga you said initially that voltage is all that matters. That he could proceed since it's 12 volts.

I now refuted that when I said that the amperage is also important.

I didn't ask you to go on voyage of adventure.

In the context of the question the OP asked i.e 100 Amps battery vs 75 Amps battery that i answered, are you making sense?

have you in any way established that my answer is wrong?

And you are here talking about voyage of adventure when you literally manufactured your own question

smh.

seems you just want to be noticed and you have.

toodles

1 Like

Re: Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery? by nymphomaniac(m): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2022
Still relevant even today

(1) (Reply)

The Glory Of Airplanes And The Differences Between Them! / Vehicles That Are Literally Art Masterpieces On Wheels / Error Code P0229 On My Passat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.