Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction (44144 Views)

Muslims And Christians Are Sons Of Abraham – Buhari On Leah Sharibu / Nigerians In London Protest Over Imo Verdict, Demand Tanko's Resignation / Rebecca Sharibu In Front Of US White House For Daughter's Leah Sharibu Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leah Sharibu's Mother Joins London Protest On Second Anniversary Of Abduction

Rebecca Sharibu, the mother of 16 year-old schoolgirl Leah Sharibu, joined a protest outside the Nigerian High Commission in London, organised by CSW to mark the second anniversary of her daughter’s abduction and calling on the Nigerian government to do everything in its power to secure her release.

Leah Sharibu was the sole Christian among 110 schoolgirls abducted by the Islamic State West African Province (ISWAP) faction of Boko Haram from their school in Dapchi, Yobe state on 19 February 2018. While her surviving classmates returned a month later following government negotiations, she was denied her freedom for refusing to convert as a precondition for release.

Speaking outside the Nigerian High Commission, Rebecca Sharibu said: “Today Leah has spent two years in captivity. We don’t know where Leah is, we don't know the condition or the situation that Leah is in. I want to thank you once again for the encouragement I receive from all of you, and plead with you to continue praying until Leah is out. I'm pleading with [the UK] government and with our Nigerian government, with President Buhari... to fulfil his promises that he has made to me personally, that he is going to rescue Leah and ensure that she is released, and not just Leah, all the others in captivity.”

Mrs Sharibu, accompanied by CSW’s Chief Executive Mervyn Thomas, subsequently delivered a petition with 12,132 signatures to the High Commission, calling on the Nigerian government to take action to help Leah.

Eritrean gospel singer Helen Berhane, who spent two and a half years imprisoned by Eritrean authorities in a shipping container on account of her faith, sang Days of Elijah, while Pastor Ayo Adedoyin, the Executive Director of the International Organisation for Peace Building and Social Justice (PSJ); and Pastor Fred Williams of Spirit Life Missions prayed for Leah’s release.

Pastor Fred Williams, also speaking outside the High Commission, highlighted the wider situation in northern Nigeria: “The number of kidnappings in northern Nigeria is not reducing, it is increasing and they are targeting Christians... Every part of northern Nigeria now is being covered by this trend. This is not going away... What is happening in Nigeria is going to spread, its not going to stop in northern Nigeria, it has already spread to other parts. We need to respond to this global issue, we need to be proactive.”

In October 2018 ISWAP declared that Ms Sharibu and Christian nurse Alice Loksha Ngaddah, who was abducted on 1 March 2018 during an attack on Rann, would be enslaved for life, and that it was now “lawful” for the terrorists to “do whatever we want with them.” Most recently in January 2020 one of five aid workers released by ISWAP reported that Leah was alive and well.

CSW’s Chief Executive Mervyn Thomas said: “CSW has been outside this High Commission many times in the last two years. We've spent days and days out here. We've celebrated Leah's birthday out here on two occasions, and we will continue until we see Leah released. We will stand with [Rebecca] until we see Leah released. We believe that the Nigerian Government and President Buhari is not doing enough, in fact we don't believe they're doing anything, even though President Buhari personally promised Rebecca that he would get Leah released. That was eighteen months ago, and nothing has happened. So that's why we're here today, we're here to protest and say to the Nigerian government we want to see Leah released. We stand in solidarity with Rebecca... and we will continue to do that.”

https://www.csw.org.uk/2020/02/19/press/4557/article.htm

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by baysherpsyche: 12:02am On Feb 27, 2020
Bubu doesn't care, he is more concerned with his ear infection, powerbike accident, photography and PPPRA job for his children.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by haywire07(m): 12:23am On Feb 27, 2020
Eeya, Leah Sharibu mama don blow be that. She don dey travel go London. cheesy

my dealer too dey add powder for my supply

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Sirjamo: 1:47am On Feb 27, 2020
Exactly what Boko haram wants. As you continue protesting all over the World, you are giving boko haram free publicity

BH has now realize that all they need to do to gain more popularity is to kidnap 100 Muslim, 1 Christian; release the Muslims after some time, keep the Christian and boom, they'd be all over the news more than usual.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Blue3k(m): 1:54am On Feb 27, 2020
Sirjamo:
Exactly what Boko haram wants. As you continue protesting all over the World, you are giving boko haram free publicity

BH has now realize that all they need to do to gain more popularity is to kidnap 100 Muslim, 1 Christian; release the Muslims after some time, keep the Christian and boom, they'd be all over the news more than usual.

Internet commando go rescue her daughter then she wont be protesting. The government has failed to so along with the many other captives held by the technically defeated jihadist. Lol boko haram has been using this strategy for half a decade. This isnt new information for them.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Sirjamo: 2:02am On Feb 27, 2020
Blue3k:

Internet commando go rescue her daughter then she wont be protesting. The government has failed to so along with the many other captives held by the technically defeated jihadist. Lol boko haram has been using this strategy for half a decade. This isnt new information for them.
Five girls died the night she was kidnapped, her life is not more precious than theirs and nobody is talking about them because they were Muslims.

Whether you like it or not, the numerous useless protests and tones of lies your Christian leaders have been spreading around the world about that girl's abduction has made her a valuable commodity to boko haram, and they would hang on to her for as long as possible!!!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Blue3k(m): 2:18am On Feb 27, 2020
Sirjamo:
Five girls died the night she was kidnapped, her life is not more precious than theirs and nobody is talking about them because they were Muslims.

Whether you like it or not, the numerous useless protests and tones of lies your Christian leaders have been spreading around the world about that girl's abduction has made her a valuable commodity to boko haram, and they would hang on to her for as long as possible!!!

You cant raise the dead but you can save the living. If you want to speak on them and the other thousand that died if you please. Remember the dead in war are mourned, buried then a maybe monument is made after the war is won. They're precious commodity because the government pays to rescue them. If the government defeats them or secures area then they dont have worry about this issue.

As said go rescue the captives if you want the protest to stop. Dont just whine about the mother. Pick you gun go kill some jihadists if you want her to shut up useless internet warrior.

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by yanabasee(m): 2:20am On Feb 27, 2020
I just hope that her mother isn't monetizing on her daughter's abduction....

6 Likes

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by ursullalinda(f): 5:09am On Feb 27, 2020
yanabasee:

How can you think of a thing like that.....and even write it down.....to worsen it you posted it online....that's not nice @ all.....the agony she goes through can never be understood by your type......because if she was dead she would have accepted reality.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by helinues: 5:10am On Feb 27, 2020
So Leah mother's don dey go Rondon?

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Simplebeauty: 5:39am On Feb 27, 2020
shocked cool

A lot of heartless insensitive statements up there...

Mummy Leah, please if it takes you going to the moon to get your daughter back. Please do it

Are you a salary earner and need an affordable loan?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by ursullalinda(f): 5:42am On Feb 27, 2020
yanabasee:

You are gullibly insane to believe that her mother wouldn't monetize her abduction..... You must be a zombie.

But I pray she isn't monetizing this whole thing.

Calm down..... It has not reached to the point of calling names..... but do you think your own mum can do such?.....my point is any sane mother will go to any length to bring back her daughter and your assumption is very insensitive.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Nigerianization(m): 6:52am On Feb 27, 2020
Sirjamo:

When MURIC consistently claim that Muslim women and girls not allowed to wear the hijab - for specific reasons - is a war against Islam, you lots clap for him. How then can Christians not believe the fact that the desire of your brethren to 'dip the Quran into the Atlantic ocean' and exalt Islam above other religion is a war against the church. Otherwise, why was the ONLY Christian girl among them not released??

Shekau is an Islamic scholar and more knowledgeable than many of you
Al Baghdadi has PhD in Islamic studies.

You think you know Islam more than them??
Abeg park well

The truth is that Christians are endangered species in northern Nigeria and your consistent denials of this fact shows the wonderful role you and your lots are playing as online soldiers in this warfare.
Tell me what you will feel if an imam is beheaded in the south because he refused to deny his Muslim faith.

I put it to you all jihadists in Nigeria - both active and passive - that no Muslim has been killed by Christians in Nigeria on account of his faith

If you prove me wrong, I will apologize.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Sirjamo: 7:20am On Feb 27, 2020
Nigerianization:

When MURIC consistently claim that Muslim women and girls not allowed to wear the hijab - for specific reasons - is a war against Islam, you lots clap for him. How then can Christians not believe the fact that the desire of your brethren to 'dip the Quran into the Atlantic ocean' and exalt Islam above other religion is a war against the church. Otherwise, why was the ONLY Christian girl among them not released??

Shekau is an Islamic scholar and more knowledgeable than many of you
Al Baghdadi has PhD in Islamic studies.

You think you know Islam more than them??
Abeg park well

The truth is that Christians are endangered species in northern Nigeria and your consistent denials of this fact shows the wonderful role you and your lots are playing as online soldiers in this warfare.
Tell me what you will feel if an imam is beheaded in the south because he refused to deny his Muslim faith.

I put it to you all jihadists in Nigeria - both active and passive - that no Muslim has been killed by Christians in Nigeria on account of his faith

If you prove me wrong, I will apologize.
I never said or insinuated that Christian kill Muslims for whatever reason.
All I am saying is that, you people should stop lying that Christians are being targeted for elimination with the support of government and other Muslims.

Boko haram has killed more prominent Muslims in the last ten years. They have bombed more mosques than churches, traditional rulers, wealthy people and even a governorship candidate were eliminated by BH in Borno/ Yobe, yet, you people would want the world to believe that it's Muslims vs Christians! No, it's Boko haram, ISWAP, Bandits, Kidnappers etc vs the rest of Nigeria!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by ipobWARLORD: 8:23am On Feb 27, 2020
I deeply feel the pains of this woman. Imagine what Leah will be going through in the hands of these uncircumcised Philistines.

Meanwhile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Mikelarteta(m): 8:23am On Feb 27, 2020
She has abandoned protesting in Nigeria to go protest in London, who no like better thing lol. Na who no wise naim fasting Dey affect o.

4 Likes

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Sonnobax15(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2020
A
Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:24am On Feb 27, 2020
yanabasee:
That is a cruel thing to say...
Common now.....

We can only pray she returns SAFELY to her parents.
And come together to win this war the evil and devilish party bestowed upon our nation.

All the sponsors and supporters of Boko Haram and the evil herdsmen terrorising our nation will all end miserably in life.
They will never be alive to celebrate their next birthday.
So shall it be.

No be curse,
Na FACT!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 27, 2020
Shenanigans of the dullard and his fagbo moniker

2 Likes

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by gurunlocker: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2020
Mama the Mama.... You don use your daughter plight enter London.

Hopefully she returns someday!!!
Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by emmabest2000(m): 8:25am On Feb 27, 2020
And they keep advertising Bokoharam worldwide

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Authoreety: 8:26am On Feb 27, 2020
Bring back her daughter
Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 27, 2020
She could travel out of the country because her daughter is in captivity. What a life!

Im sure if Leah is returned home safely, she would also become a celebrity. What a life!

Irrespective of any situation you find yourself, thank God and hope it is a ladder to greater heights.

Drabeey was just Here

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by sanemind2(m): 8:28am On Feb 27, 2020
good

meanwhile

Movies on a new 500gb external hard drive is available, Location is Port Harcourt, those who want to copy just movies are welcome as well
Re: Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction by Bukden16(m): 8:28am On Feb 27, 2020
Sorry to say this, but it seems they are capitalizing on the poor girls ordeal for self benefits.

Flying around the world.

That's how our government is benefiting from terrorism while the poor man on the street is at the receiving end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Forum Of Bishops’ Holds Solidarity Rally For Pantami (Photo) / Deji Adeyanju: Atiku Gathered More Crowds In Abia Than Obi Gathered In Lagos / Daura Indigenes Wash Off GEJ's Visit With Water After Leaving Kastina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.