Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. (7990 Views)

Electricity Tarriff Hike: "AEDC Want To Send Me Back To The Village" / "Send Me A DM", Gov. Yahaya Bello Replies Young Artist Who Drew Him On Instagram / Big Politicians Buhari Sent To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by alizma: 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2020
When I was in school, I had this access bank account that I have abandoned for some years now. However access bank had continued to send greetings and all that. This i considered as a kind of effort to get me back to banking with them but the bank surprised me this afternoon when i got a debit alert(pix attached) for card issuance. Now my questions are;
Who made the request?
Under who's name?
Could this be the banks trick to clear the little balance on the account?
Fellow nairalanders, help me before access bank will partner with one yahoo boy and hand me over to EFCC.
Pls has any of you experienced this before?

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Ladylite: 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
Yahoo Boys have engaged your details

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by thorpido(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2020
You better go to the bank and close the account if you don't want to use it again.They can actually use that account for fraud.

9 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Commentor: 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2020
alizma:
When I was in school, I had this access bank account that I have abandoned for some years now. However access bank had continued to send greetings and all that. This i considered as a kind of effort to get me back to banking with them but the bank surprised me this afternoon when i got a debit alert(pix attached) for card issuance. Now my questions are;
Who made the request?
Under who's name?
Fellow nairalanders, help me before access bank will partner with one yahoo boy and hand me over to EFCC.

I never had a card issued on account with same bank yet someone was using OTP to debit my account.

The bank appears crooked.

11 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Goddys(m): 2:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
@ OP, you should go to bank and ask them why they debited your account for ATM card you didn't apply for. They debited mine too and I will take it up with them.

Nobody has access to your account except your bank. Stop being ignorant

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by helinues: 2:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
Fraudsters already have your information. It is advisable to visit the nearest Access bank and clarify there.

N1,000+ for ATM charges?? More over you did not apply for any card

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
Funny enough this was the same bank that bought the same fraudulent diamond bank.

Access bank is for everything fishing, they don't have have the structures like Dem gt, fb, zenith but they would never liquidate cos fraud is their source not customers #10

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
I got this too this afternoon. ..I don't remember applying for any card and I've not been using any debit card since last year.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Goddys(m): 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
helinues:
Fraudsters already have your information. It is advisable to visit the nearest Access bank and clarify there.

N1,000+ for ATM charges?? More over you did not apply for any card

No fraudster can gain access to your account for sole purpose of requesting ATM card which they can never be able to pick at the bank.

Access Bank may have plans to do away with all Diamond bank ATM card and automatically debiting customers for new card.

I am sending email to CBN right away

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Commentor: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2020
Goddys:

No fraudster can gain access to your account for sole purpose of requesting ATM card which they can never be able to pick at the bank.

Access Bank may have plans to do away with all Diamond bank ATM card and automatically debiting customers for new card.

That maybe true but my account was debited regularly as someone was using the OTP to make purchases.

I never had a card assigned to the account as I never needed one, plus i was outside the country for a while.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Acsm(m): 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by PointB: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Guy check your phone number.

Maybe you're getting someone else alerts. Just as someone is getting my alerts now as I have stop using the number registered on my account.
Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Techcornerng(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Why Must We keep Suffering Here In Nigeria
Still Trending!!!!!!!
Lagos State Okada|Keke Ban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0VKUglL9iU
Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by LibertyRep: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Op, you aren't only one in this. Someone close to me also received same notification this afternoon.

The strange thing is that the card expires in August so why debit the account in Feb.?

CBN and other regulatory bodies should come to the rescue.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2020
I got same message this afternoon,I am heading to the bank tomorrow!..

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by cktheluckyman: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
I GOT THE SAME DEDUCTIONS THIS AFTERNOON AND MY DIAMOND BANK ATM IS STILL ACTIVE

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2020
ATM issuance is access bank is Automatic, you don't have to request. When your atm card expire and their is money in your account, they will debit you, prepare another card for you and later call you to come pick it. That is if the number you used to open the account is still in use.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by alizma: 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
Goddys:

But the account in question has been access bank account right from the first day. It was at no time a diamond bank account

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by maynation(f): 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
I am still waiting on Access bank to revert two transactions for me.
#5,000 since Jan 2,
#10,000 since Feb 13. They promised me 5 working days and till now no hope. That's why I prefer Firstbank any day any time.
Access bank is a useless bank.

12 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Techcornerng(m): 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2020
Event
Planning
Is
One
of
the
Careers
that's
helping
most
Nigerian
Citizens
escape
abject
poverty,
I
enjoyed
this
article....

https://swiftmeta./2020/02/28/becoming-a-successful-event-planner/?fbclid=IwAR2PQcnBAEewVd_lETIOMYydG_R78qyDHE1L3YqrYMXCJ9miBYS9SSclYRs
Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Techcornerng(m): 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Ogbunigwe2018: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
Client ti wa online cheesy
Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Ogbunigwe2018: 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Onojanson:
ATM issuance is access bank is Automatic, you don't have to request. When your atm card expire and their is money in your account, they will debit you, prepare another card for you and later call you to come pick it. That is if the number you used to open the account is still in use.

I have been banking with Access for over a decade after they swallowed Intercontinental bank, my original bank.

Never have I been debited for card bla bla bla.

I don’t think any bank has the right to authorize debit card processing without the customers request.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by davillian(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
sad
They did same to me but mine was on ATM card which I never requested for....
After the debit it took them 7months to provide the ATM card for me
It was war

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by MOORCHMOORE(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2020
alizma:
Who made the request?
Under who's name?

When you are applying for ATM card, you must have requested for auto renewal of your ATM card. That means they don't need permission from you to create another card once the one you using expires.
I advise you visit your bank for more information.
Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Bonn01: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
All these our banks in Nigeria sha. That was how 97k disappeared from my account yesterday without alert or ant evidence. I rushed to the bank to lodge a complaint only for the bank officials to tell me that I intiated a transaction of 97500 and they have placed lien on the money till March 28th. I asked them when the transaction was initiated they said last year may 31st. Banks are thieves

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by Bonn01: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
All these our banks in Nigeria sha. That was how 97k disappeared from my account yesterday without alert or ant evidence. I rushed to the bank to lodge a complaint only for the bank officials to tell me that I intiated a transaction of 97500 and they have placed lien on the money till March 28th. I asked them when the transaction was initiated they said last year may 31st. Banks are thieves

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by itsme01: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
undecided

am glad I left that useless bank when diamond got sold to them

O.P first go to their office to make a formal complaint then forward a mail to CBN ATM complain center contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng , cpd@cbn.gov.ng .. make sure you report to CBN because Banks are sometimes complicit in frauds yet when the fraud happens they completely deny you

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by yampro: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
Same they did to me. i have gone to the bank to asked for a refund.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Before Access Bank Send Me To Jail. by SciLab: 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
Acsm:
If you have Diamond bank master card expired or active... Holla

Deal is massive!... Number on my signature

Smells like g-business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Confuse Titles With Professions / Court Rejects Metuh’s Bid To Call Dasuki As Witness / Oshiomhole Joins APC Campaign Train As Tinubu Engages Private Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.