Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

Have You Ever Wondered How Facebook Messaging Works? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Have You Ever Wondered How Facebook Messaging Works? (732 Views)

What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App / Japan Based Nigerian Developer To Unveil Nigeria’s Messaging App / Best Text Messaging Apps For Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered How Facebook Messaging Works? by adeleyeayodeji: 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2020
Have you ever wondered how Facebook messaging works?

If yes, you are in the right post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUd_gjbnDhE

In this video, you will be creating a real-time chat application complete with usernames and connect/disconnect messages.

You will use Socket.io to manage real-time web socket connections to a Node.js server that will allow you to communicate real-time chat messages to all clients connected to a single server.

Are you scared? It's all simple. Absolutely.

Happy Coding
Re: Have You Ever Wondered How Facebook Messaging Works? by Quicksilver14: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
Yes. I think I have an idea.

All messages are strings, as you may know.
They're saved on Facebook database as.

YourProfileName.Message.MessageNumber

So each person has a message database.

Every message has a database. So you can search for messages.

Message number is so it can be arranged.

Oh. Didn't fully read the post �

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell On Etsy Marketplace? / Check Out What I've Done With Laravel / Are Folks Offering Non Techy Gig On Freelancer Site Earning More Than Devs. ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.