Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App (8666 Views)

6 Things To Consider Before Developing A Messaging App / I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? / Need A Developer To Help Me Create A Messaging App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Temian1: 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
First the question is ? As a beginner what programming language do I need to know before I can build a functional messaging app like WhatsApp or 2go.

Secondly can I build this app alone or need assistance?
Thirdly how many months will it's take before I can call my self a pro developer

Reasonable comments
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by MrOwonikoko: 6:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Hoe, cutlass and rake. Next pls!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by ibietela2(m): 6:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Programming skills
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by helinues: 6:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Crazy people above except ibiete.la2

You need to be good in programming. There are so many free online course but if you could afford money for online training, its a plus plus

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by zopaks: 7:00am On Dec 08, 2018
Use appgeyser... It is free to use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Melison(m): 7:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Bet900:
���
Ordinary small sense u no free get,fixed games kee u dia

2 Likes

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by mahxiimus(m): 7:05am On Dec 08, 2018
helinues:

You need to be good in programming. There are so many free online course but if you could afford money for online training, its a plus plus

Hello, please can I get details about the online training ?
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:06am On Dec 08, 2018
You might struggle to build a functional messaging app on your own as a beginner. It's not impossible but it is difficult.
You need a language that has robustness, fault tolerance and concurrency so you should learn Elixir. Whatsapp was built with Erlang I believe, but Elixir might be easier to learn and incorporates more modern resources. It is essentially an improvement on Erlang.
Your question suggests to me that you don't know programming. In that case, you should learn programming first with Python or Smalltalk.
Go and search online. There is bound to be a tutorial or two to get you started.
Good luck.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by mahxiimus(m): 7:09am On Dec 08, 2018
helinues:

Good morning, please can you give me details about the online training?
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 08, 2018
The development enviroment(Android studio, visual studio etc)
Any of the language you want to use, for back-end (c, c#, kotlin etc)
Front end (Javascript or any of its framework, vue, react, angular, node. Js etc)
You can also use firebase which is much better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by helinues: 7:12am On Dec 08, 2018
mahxiimus:

Good morning, please can you give me details about the online training?

Are you on ICQ?
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by anambraamaka: 7:15am On Dec 08, 2018
grin
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Bigajeff(m): 7:28am On Dec 08, 2018
Buy one and start customised to your taste. it saves time and work with guru
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by dimexy247(m): 7:30am On Dec 08, 2018
Tutorials
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by talk2hb1(m): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2018
Programming section back on frontpage cry
Bro your brain
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by omoyahaya(m): 7:46am On Dec 08, 2018
you first need to go and learn java

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by UncletC: 7:46am On Dec 08, 2018
all those suggesting here and there... simply tell or show us the one or ones you have developed....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2018
OP na over sabi nai wan do u so
messaging app is impossible for you at the moment since you said you are a newbie
start with basic things like calculator, note saver,etc
This is most problem with Nigerian youth, they want to blow once

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by chris365(m): 8:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Frontend: React.js/Angular.js

Backend: Node ( best for running asynchronous request used for chat apps)/ socket.io/express.js framework for node.
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Olalekank(m): 8:03am On Dec 08, 2018
A chat app shouldn't be that hard to build.
Once you start learning FLUTTER, you can literally build a chat app in less than one month spending 4 hours per day.

Head on to flutter.io to get started

1 Like

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 08, 2018
Udemy.com have a lot of programming trainings that will be helpful. Get the app on playstore and start learning today
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 08, 2018
manuell1021:
The development enviroment(Android studio, visual studio etc)
Any of the language you want to use, for back-end (c, c#, kotlin etc)
Front end (Javascript or any of its framework, vue, react, angular, node. Js etc)
You can also use firebase which is much better.
The person you are telling "back end, front end is a novice, how do you expect him to understand what you wrote?

3 Likes

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2018
iAudio:
The person you are telling "back end, front end is a novice, how do you expect him to understand what you wrote?

Even himself no understand wetin he dey write o
All na effigy
No difference between them and our engineers.na only theory dem sabi
Naso one for nairaland wey dey post "contact me for ur apps and website" up and down..I come think say he sabi die..i give am work to do hotel website and app, naso he begin flop anyhow..Once them just sabi use WordPress, they go dey call themselves web programmer bla bla

12 Likes

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by seunoni34(m): 9:17am On Dec 08, 2018
First learn react native, then learn how to use io ports

1 Like

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by dontro(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2018
New to software development and programming? Learn Python.

Web app? Learn JavaScript, front and back end.
Android?

Mobile/native? Depends on platform/OS. For example, id Android, learn Java or Kotlin, and Android Studio.

Just have fun learning

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? / Any Female Programmers In The House? / Which Programming Language Holds Brighter Prospects In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.