Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President (21809 Views)

MURIC Backs Sharia In South-West, Tells Christians To ‘Mind Their Business’ / 2023: Yarima Declares Interest To Contest For Presidency / How Atiku Will Zone Offices If Elected President – Gbenga Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by agwom(m): 6:30am On Feb 29, 2020
A former governor of Zamfara State and three-term senator of the Federal republic of Nigeria, Senator Ahmed Sani Yarima has said that he had no plan of introducing sharia law in the country if elected president come 2023. Yarima is planning to run for the office of the president of Nigeria in the next presidential election. While speaking during an interview with Daily Trust at his Abuja residence, said: “See, I did Sharia under the Nigerian constitution” “I prepared a bill, sent it to state assembly and the state assembly passed it into law because we have a homogeneous society and I did it with consultations with the Christians.

“I had a meeting with Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Zamfara State chapter and we had an understanding and the law was mainly for Muslims. “I am a Muslim, I want to live and die as a Muslim. And I want to practice my religion as provided for in the constitution. So, the issue of Sharia is being misunderstood and misinterpreted. There is no compulsion in religion.

“The constitution of Nigeria is what is being operated and that is what I will tell people. At least, I have been in the senate and I would have proposed a bill to introduce Sharia, but I know that is not possible. There is already Sharia in Nigerian constitution. What I did was to implement what is in the constitution at the state level. I don’t need to say I want to do the Sharia programme at the national level, it is not possible. Yarima however noted that if he is able to get the National Assembly to pass the bill, he could implement the sharia law in the country.

“At the national level, we have the House of Representatives and the Senate, if I can send my bill for Sharia and it is passed by the National Assembly, so be it,” he added. The former governor said he is attending an international school for Arabic studies for a course in Islamic Studies to enable him know more about Islam. “I am learning Arabic as a language and the Qur’an. For Arabic language; I would love to be able to read Islamic books in Arabic. You see, we that have concentrated all our education in the western education, would hardly see Arabic book and read it and understand what it says.”

Speaking further about his ambition to become president, he said he doesn’t believe in regionalism. “Let’s have the best people who have much more better things to offer to Nigerians. Everybody should come up with what they want to do for Nigerians and how they want to move Nigeria forward and such a person should be assessed by Nigerians whether he or she should be elected or not. “It is not from where you come from and not your religion.

As far as I am concerned, you should look at individuals as Nigerians otherwise we should ask for rotation of presidency in the constitution. If we are looking at regions, North-West has done, let’s go to South-South; which means anybody whether he is good or not but once determined by that zone should be elected. “If it is not determined by constitutional arrangement, every Nigerian should aspire to be in elective position of government.”

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-cant-introduce-sharia-in-nigeria-if-elected-president-yarima.html

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by tsephanyah(f): 6:32am On Feb 29, 2020
Clown* Because you can't be president... How can you introduce Sharia in a country of 30% Christians and 70% Muslims. And why EFCC didn't Arrest this guy

43 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by money121(m): 6:37am On Feb 29, 2020
Lamba tongue

3 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by chatinent: 6:39am On Feb 29, 2020
See who's already anticipating presidency. I must laugh. These people are calling an impending war.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by DeomoviesI: 6:43am On Feb 29, 2020
Hmmm, you don't have plan to introduce Sharia law, you just be joking on your ambition. I cant believe what all these politicians just take there citizens, keep lying to get to a stage. I don't know how good you're when you a Governor, if elected today you cant be good at prioritising Nigerians religion, you'd contradict yourself if senate pass the bill then fine. You must be crazy for lying to us. I don't want to care how good you're. Just get F**k out here with your presidency ambition. You cant win primary level self let alone doing general election. You can get high definition movies and series into external drive and pc including Jumanji: the next level, Bombshell, Charlie's Angel, Knives out, Frozen II Doctor Sleep, Jojo Rabbit, Parasite, and varieties of Series.
(zero, eight, one, four, four, two, three, eight, three, two, seven)

13 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by SciLab: 6:48am On Feb 29, 2020
This guy has better chance than Tinubu and osibande to become presido, if they refuse to support an Eastern presidency in the South.

Almajiris will queue behind Yerima and kill for him like they did for buhari.

Deny it as much as you want, his chances are bright.

66 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by helinues: 6:50am On Feb 29, 2020
Lol...

Who will vote for you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by helinues: 6:52am On Feb 29, 2020
SciLab:
This guy has better chance than Tinubu and osibande to become presido, if they refuse to support an Eastern presidency in the South.

Almajiris will queue behind Yerima and kill for him like they did for buhari.

Deny it as much as you want, his chances are bright.

grin grin

Tap tap tap, it's morning.

Too early for early morning wailing

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by EagleNest(m): 6:56am On Feb 29, 2020
Yerima!!! God forbid bad thing! From introducing Sharia to marrying underage children. He sowed the seed of instability thru religion.Beware of such politicians that mix religion and politics to his own advantage He should not even think about it!

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by SciLab: 6:56am On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

grin grin

Tap tap tap, it's morning.

Too early for early morning wailing

Even inside you, you know say I dey I talk true. It is either you support Eastern presidency or you get the Northerns.

Yerima has contested before and campaigned in the East. His billboards in Owerri read 'Yerima ka anyi choro' in 2003-2007. grin

Shouting 'I will never vote Ibo' since the end of the civil war is about to bite you in the yansh. grin

You no kuku get choice. grin

52 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by seunmsg(m): 6:58am On Feb 29, 2020
Mr Yerima, you can never be the president of Nigeria. So, wake up from your horrible dream and face the reality. Nigeria’s presidency is not for hothead sharia apologist like you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by SciLab: 7:00am On Feb 29, 2020
seunmsg:
Mr Yerima, you can never be the president of Nigeria. So, wake up from your horrible dream and face the reality.

Stop deceiving yourself. We said the same against Buhari. Are the both of them not proper shariaists?

A good shariaist turn, deserves another. grin

Why nigerians like to delude themselves like this?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by orisa37: 7:01am On Feb 29, 2020
Your Name is synonymous with BRIBE-TAKERS so we will ignore that you once forced an Egyptian Underage to SEX. Sharia is a Culture. Cultures are foundational(grassroots) system. Anything that is so foundational, you cannot force from on top. If you're a professional Thief for example, you cannot, after your son has graduated in one Profession now wish to train him to be a Thief. You will have conflict.

Sharia is Foreign. IFA, your Neighbor, you don't bother to study. What is this Life if full of Cares, we have no time to engage in Corrupt practices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by helinues: 7:01am On Feb 29, 2020
SciLab:

Even inside you, you know say I dey I talk true. It is either you support Eastern presidency or you get the Northerns. grin

Shouting 'I will never vote Ibo' since the end of the civil war is about to bite you in the yansh. grin

Is this a threat?

BTW, Is Pdp no longer zoning their presidency to SS/SE?

Cos Apc might zone theirs to SS/SW.

SE should try their luck under Pdp cos they served the party whole heartedly for more than 20 years..

Nobody dey sow where him no go reap or......

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by Smithkafors(m): 7:02am On Feb 29, 2020
seunmsg:
Mr Yerima, you can never be the president of Nigeria. So, wake up from your horrible dream and face the reality. Nigeria’s presidency is not for hothead sharia apologist like you.
He can be!,are you God.....2023 is coming,the east is watching.

10 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by SciLab: 7:11am On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

Is this a threat?

BTW, Is Pdp no longer zoning their presidency to SS/SE?

Cos Apc might zone theirs to SS/SW.

SE should try their luck under Pdp cos they served the party whole heartedly for more than 20 years..

Nobody dey sow where him no go reap or......

If you like deceive yourself till thy kingdom come. Na you sabi.

How many yoruba dey pdp when them dash una presidency for 1999 and 2003? You wan chop here, still chop there? Ole barawo!
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

PDP will wait for APC to hold their own primaries and prop up their candidates, if una carry am give yoruba, when be say dem don do their turn with OBJ, then we go see where una go see votes against Atiku, Yerima, Tambuwal etc. Even shekau sef go get hope against yoruba, if he commot from sambisa come join politics.

Greedy people!

33 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by ChoCho54(f): 7:14am On Feb 29, 2020
tsephanyah:
Clown* Because you can't be president... How can you introduce Sharia in a country of 30% Christians and 70% Muslims. And why EFCC didn't Arrest this guy
You cant fool nobody with this. Even yerima was very open about his schemes. Let him be president and have all the toddler girls married off in one fell swoop.

Sharia was in the Constitution so you merely implemented it for perpetual poverty to be implemented in zamfara.

7 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by noleflendum: 7:16am On Feb 29, 2020
Just abuse Buhari and see the children of hate hailing you and even dash you their 5% vote capacity
Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by helinues: 7:19am On Feb 29, 2020
SciLab:

yoruba no dey pdp when them dash una presidency for 1999 and 2003. You wan chop here, still chop there? Ole barawo!
What is good for the goose is good for the ganda.

PDP will wait for APC to hold their own primaries and prop up their candidates, if una carry am give yoruba, when be say dem don do their turn with OBJ, then we go see where una go see votes against Atiku, Yerima, Tambuwal etc.

Why should North contest again if they have been there for years?

Are you saying you people wasted your precious years voting zombily for Pdp with no expectations of any returns.. Me I thought politics is about interest..

It seems like politics of Pdp SE leaders is about stomach hence they are not demanding for the 2023 presidency.

The current election defeats is back to back.. By 2023, tripple beatings loading and more bro wailing loading for you guys

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by helinues: 7:19am On Feb 29, 2020
SciLab:

yoruba no dey pdp when them dash una presidency for 1999 and 2003. You wan chop here, still chop there? Ole barawo!
What is good for the goose is good for the ganda.

PDP will wait for APC to hold their own primaries and prop up their candidates, if una carry am give yoruba, when be say dem don do their turn with OBJ, then we go see where una go see votes against Atiku, Yerima, Tambuwal etc.

Are you saying you people wasted your precious years voting zombily for Pdp with no expectations of any returns.. Me I thought politics is about interest..

It seems like politics of Pdp SE leaders is about stomach hence they are not demanding for the 2023 presidency.

The current election defeats is back to back.. By 2023, tripple beatings loading and more wailing loading for you guys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by MrSly(m): 7:19am On Feb 29, 2020
tsephanyah:
Are you okay? Where did you get that statistics from?

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by omowolewa: 7:21am On Feb 29, 2020
See this lier
Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by SciLab: 7:24am On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

The current election defeats is back to back.. By 2023, tripple beatings loading and more bro wailing loading for you guys

Oga na grammar you dey speak. We don tire to hear am.

If SW can't wait for their turn the presidency remain in the North. If APC makes the mistake of giving the ticket to SW, the PDP will smile and have the North+SE+SS wrestle power from you.

You can't survive it.

It is the reality, keep shouting 'we no go vote for East the next 100 years'. The East sef don sabi play your game. You are about to reap the plant you have sown for donkey years with anti-Ibo propaganda. grin

Do you see any northerner disputing what I am saying? E go shock una. grin

17 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by helinues: 7:33am On Feb 29, 2020
SciLab:

Oga na grammar you dey speak. We don tire to hear am.

If SW can't wait for their turn the presidency remain in the North. If APC makes the mistake of giving the ticket SW, the PDP will smile and have the North+SE+SS wrestle power from you.

You can survive it.

It is the reality, keep shouting 'we no go vote for the next 100 years'. The East sef don sabi play your game. You are about to reap the plant you have sown for donkey years with anti-Ibo propaganda. grin

Do you see any northerner disputing what I am saying? E go shock una. grin

The reality you guys are shying about is only Pdp online supporters are demanding zoning to north.Pdp SE politicians body language is saying other wise.

Gov Dave made the clear warning never to abuse Buhari.. Read more than the lines.

Should Apc zone their presidency to SW, if somebody like Osinbajo have the Apc ticket, average SS and SE will prefer Osinbajo than any candidate from the north ( That's a fact)

You see the 2015 that you online supporters see as betrayal of South, Politicians didn't see it that way cos same South came together in 2011...

So , there is possibility of southern politicians to come together by 2023

As you can see, 2023 SW presidency is already in the bag..

8 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by johnmartus(m): 7:40am On Feb 29, 2020
You are politically naive. Who is Yerima in the corridor of political power in Nigeria? And mind you yoruba people can't be coward or be threatened.
Nobody we vote igbo Because we can't sell our birthright for porridge. Yoruba will be president come 2023.
SciLab:

Even inside you, you know say I dey I talk true. It is either you support Eastern presidency or you get the Northerns.

Yerima has contested before and campaigned in the East. His billboards in Owerri read 'Yerima ka anyi choro' in 2003-2007. grin

12 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by Jlow2: 7:53am On Feb 29, 2020
buhari is the last religious fanatic that will rule nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:59am On Feb 29, 2020
Hypocrisy is when you praise wike for declaring a Christian state but angry Yarima did a similar thing

3 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by nameo: 8:03am On Feb 29, 2020
seunmsg:

What is the difference between him and Buhari, who you support.

Buhari is also a "sharia apologist", isnt he?

7 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by nameo: 8:07am On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

The reality you guys are shying about is only Pdp online supporters are demanding zoning to north.Pdp SE politicians body language is saying other wise.

Gov Dave made the clear warning never to abuse Buhari.. Read more than the lines.

Should Apc zone their presidency to SW, if somebody like Osinbajo have the Apc ticket, average SS and SE will prefer Osinbajo than any candidate from the north ( That's a fact)

You see the 2015 that you online supporters see as betrayal of South, Politicians didn't see it that way cos same South came together in 2011...

So , there is possibility of southern politicians to come together by 2023

As you can see, 2023 SW presidency is already in the bag..

What are you guys going to gain if the Presidency comes to the SW in 2023?

Since this is the main motivation for the unreasonable support some of you have for a disastrous Buhari.

Really think about it.

What did you guys gain from the Presidency of Obasanjo? What are the people of Katsina currently gaining from Buhari's Presidency?

8 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by helinues: 8:09am On Feb 29, 2020
nameo:

What are you guys going to gain if the Presidency comes to the SW in 2023?

Since this is the main motivation for the unreasonable support some of you have for a disastrous Buhari.

Really think about it.

What did you guys gain from the Presidency of Obasanjo? What are the people of Katsina currently gaining from Buhari's Presidency?

Irrespective of region, all Nigeria need in 2023 is credible president ...

3 Likes

Re: Yarima: Why I Can’t Introduce Sharia In Nigeria If Elected President by awujale231: 8:14am On Feb 29, 2020
Mr man you need to go on a course on nation building not Islamic studies
Dumbasss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu Is My Younger Brother, He Respects Me – Gov Obaseki / Akeredolu: Agboola Ajayi Is A Neophyte, Nincompoop (Video) / Imo House Of Assembly Speaker, Paul Emeziem Impeached (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.