Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria (2537 Views)

NCDC: COVID-19 Patients Without Symptoms To Be Discharged After 14 Days / COVID19: We’re At The Beginning Of This Pandemic. The Worst Is Yet To Come: WHO / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 3:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
The virus takes few to 14 days before the symptoms appear and that is when the spreading takes place. If there is no new case in 14 days then we are safe. But if there is, God help us. Because Nigeria is in no way prepared for this.

1 Like

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by tripplephi: 3:37pm On Feb 29, 2020
mekaboy:
The virus takes few to 14 days before the symptoms appear and that is when the spreading takes place. If there is no new case in 14 days then we are safe. But if there is, God help us. Because Nigeria is in no way prepared for this.

it can not survive in out HOT WEATHER... so relax. It is not the END.

Besides it is a human engineered virus
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
tripplephi:

Virus is virus. Once it's in the body, there is no way to differentiate.

Let's hope it does not survive our weather.
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by tripplephi: 3:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
mekaboy:

Virus is virus. Once it's in the body, there is no way to differentiate.

Let's hope it does not survive our weather.

You speak so ignorantly pls do your research and see what W.H.O says and what CHINA has reported about BLACKS being immune and having stronger immune systems...

I can not come and be arguing with an ignorant person.

4 Likes

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
tripplephi:

You speak so ignorantly pls do your research and see what W.H.O says and what CHINA has reported about BLACKS being immune and having stronger immune systems...

Please keep quiet there Mr man.

Stop writing like a man that has not seen the four walls of school.

First you said because of our hot weather, it cannot survive.

Is the middle East not hot, is Nigeria hotter than Saudi Arabia?

But it's already in Saudi Arabia and have killed lots of people in Iran.

And what do you mean Blacks are immune to the virus.

This was what you people said about HIV, Malaria and Ebola.

And now AFRICA is the den of HIV and malaria.

10 Likes

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by chatinent: 3:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
The first aid is a good personal hygiene, and self-quarantine if symptoms appear.

1 Like

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by tripplephi: 3:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
do your research man.... stop speaking like a biased person
MRcocaFanta:

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 5:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Its empty barrels like this that are the first to contact and spread it due to ignorance. Since he has done research, why wont he post a link to backup his claim?
Well like they say, empty barrels....
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by Pierced(f): 7:02pm On Feb 29, 2020
Someone is saying blacks are immune........while a black footballer rested positive to the disease in Italy.

The first thing that will kill Nigerians is fake news and ignorance.

10 Likes

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
Pierced:
Someone is saying blacks are immune........while a black footballer rested positive to the disease in Italy.

The first thing that will kill Nigerians is fake news and ignorance.

Thank you.
I was about to remind that boastful idiot above about this.
The Nigerian player is the only footballer so far to have contracted the virus.
The boastful guy should tell us what happened to the so-called black immunity.
One of the problems in Nigeria is people boasting and basking in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by Sokosuji: 9:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ppl should chow up on vitamin c and selenium..

Far more important than mask and sanitisers.. Build up your body defence and brace up for any impact..

Its well smiley
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
tripplephi:

One black man out of thousands of other Asians and Europeans recovered, and that immediately translated to blacks having stronger immunity? The black world that is regarded as the wayhouse of diseases and poverty now has people with stronger immunity than those from other races? Do you know more people die from diseases in Africa than in other continents? Wetin you chop wey give you stronger immunity than people of ther races? Do you think blacks in Europe and America do not suffer from flu, just like their hosts? Do not swallow every rumour you hear line, hook, sinker and even the fisherman holding the line.

2 Likes

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 9:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

One black man out of thousands of other Asians and Europeans recovered, and that immediately translated to blacks having stronger immunity? The black world that is regarded as the wayhouse of diseases and poverty now has people with stronger immunity than those from other races? Do you know more people die from diseases in Africa than in other continents? Wetin you chop wey give you stronger immunity than people of ther races? Do you think blacks in Europe and America do not suffer from flu, just like their hosts? Do not swallow every rumour you hear line, hook, sinker and even the fisherman holding the line.

And the blacks with high immunity depends on whites for antiretroviral drugs for HIV.
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by rex444(m): 10:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
stop threatening us joor,if it's the end then make we kuku die joor....before no be one thing go kii somburry??
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by mankan2k7(m): 10:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
coward dies ten times before their death
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by annygifty(f): 11:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
The way this coronavirus is being hyped, some people will die of cardiac arrest even before they get infected.

4 Likes

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by abokikhalifa: 1:32am On Mar 01, 2020
mekaboy:

Nothing will happen to Nigeria. People will die but the country will remain. You dey feel me ?
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by NawtyC001(m): 2:10am On Mar 01, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Thank you.
I was about to remind that boastful idiot above about this.
The Nigerian player is the only footballer so far to have contracted the virus.
The boastful guy should tell us what happened to the so-called black immunity.
One of the problems in Nigeria is people boasting and basking in ignorance.

E don reach to dey call person Idiot?
Mtcheww!
Fear fear
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by itsme01: 5:32am On Mar 01, 2020
smiley

I still have a strong believe Blacks have more resistance to this particular virus, I have done my stats and I can see that somehow all the fatalities are Asians and Caucasians not a single report of Black fatality, again with the poor health condition of Africans and how exposed or non existence our borders are, the sooner the virus gets in through foreigners the faster it is contained just as it is seen in Egypt

out of 7.6 billion human population Africans and African descendants have a population of about 1.3billion worldwide accounting for between 17%- to estimated 20% of the world, now we have 80,000+ confirmed case, 2000+ death and not even a single African descendant reported dead.. what are the chances tha a group as reckless as Africans who constitute 1 in every 6 humans in the world found in some of the most unhygienic places wouldn't even have a single fatality

1 Like

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by onwanaholland: 6:49am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
smiley

I still have a strong believe Blacks have more resistance to this particular virus, I have done my stats and I can see that somehow all the fatalities are Asians and Caucasians not a single report of Black fatality, again with the poor health condition of Africans and how exposed or non existence our borders are, the sooner the virus gets in through foreigners the faster it is contained just as it is seen in Egypt

out of 7.6 billion human population Africans and African descendants have a population of about 1.3billion worldwide accounting for between 17%- to estimated 20% of the world, now we have 80,000+ confirmed case, 2000+ death and not even a single African descendant reported dead.. what are the chances tha a group as reckless as Africans who constitute 1 in every 6 humans in the world found in some of the most unhygienic places wouldn't even have a single fatality

[/s]
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by femi4: 6:56am On Mar 01, 2020
mekaboy:
It cannot survive the weather condition here
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 01, 2020
tripplephi:

I keep asking who kept telling you guys this nonsense ? UAE confirm its own 19th Case is Nigeria hotter than Dubai and Kuwait? I hate intelligent fools

1 Like

Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by Microwhy: 9:15am On Mar 01, 2020
mekaboy:
Go sit down bro..
Same would have been said for Ebola assuming person like you knows how dangerous it is, but it was contained in lagos professionall before it could spread to other part of Nigeria.
You're more scare of Corona than Ebola because it started from developed countries who created fear, awareness and update about the spread. But Ebola started in Africa so need for too much publicity.

Modified:- https://www.nairaland.com/5713818/coronavirus-dr-joe-abah-talks

Apart from corruption which have affected every facet of our life's, Nigeria is a country with smart and intelligent people..
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
Microwhy:

Go sit down bro..
Same would have been said for Ebola assuming person like you knows how dangerous it is, but it was contained in lagos professionall before it could spread to other part of Nigeria.
You're more scare of Corona than Ebola because it started from developed countries who created fear, awareness and update about the spread. But Ebola started in Africa so need for too much publicity.

It was contained because of early detection and the way it spread was through body fluids, and most importantly the mercy of God.
This one spreads differently. The carrier of the virus can leave the place and the virus will still be around for days. He can touch his nose and touch something and someone else touches it and Carrie's it along.
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by Alexanity(m): 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:
smiley

We will find out soon, you won't compare a sickness that started in a white community with that statistics of it's casualty on blacks let's say now it in a black community we would find out,
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by DoubleEngine007: 8:09am On Mar 02, 2020
annygifty:
The way this coronavirus is being hyped, some people will die of cardiac arrest even before they get infected.
Brah,you can imagine! That was how people committed suicide using salt ,during Ebola..
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
tripplephi:

What did WHO say again?
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Re: The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
annygifty:

Hello

(1) (Reply)

PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. / Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne / Peeing In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.