Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. (2537 Views)

Nigerian Doctors Abroad Give Conditions To Return Home / 7 Health Conditions You Didn't Know Were Mental Health Conditions / The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2013
This thread is meant for only paediatric cases.If you need advice on infants and children of 1yrs below all you need is to post your complaint or your problems to which a tender-hearted health agent will feed you with a reply.Paediatrical case should be taken with all importance,and since we are dealing with children here,no prescription is allowed.Thanks!
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Zuluchukwu: 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hi pls my baby have been having a red itchy rashes since he was 3months & doc's have been givn him steriods lik epidem, funbact a. Endex G etc and once we stop applyn it d rashes comes back. I ve stopd using all his baby cosmetics on him&@9months he is still suffering dis rashes. Do we use dis steriod 4 eva?? When will he out grow it & pls what elsw can we use dat is steriod free. I hate seeing his chick, jaws, back of his ears,neck and all over his body red &itchy. D worst is that. Consultants pediaticians I ve seen didn't even give it a name. Wether its eczema cos I &my husband heve alergies in our families. Pls help my little boy. Thnks
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
DON'T WORRY YOUR SELF TOO MUCH, THOSE RASHES WILL GO ON ITS OWN. JUST CONTINUE TO USE THE FUNBACT A, BUT BE CAREFUL OF FAKE ONCE O
Zuluchukwu: Hi pls my baby have been having a red itchy rashes since he was 3months & doc's have been givn him steriods lik epidem, funbact a. Endex G etc and once we stop applyn it d rashes comes back. I ve stopd using all his baby cosmetics on him&@9months he is still suffering dis rashes. Do we use dis steriod 4 eva?? When will he out grow it & pls what elsw can we use dat is steriod free. I hate seeing his chick, jaws, back of his ears,neck and all over his body red &itchy. D worst is that. Consultants pediaticians I ve seen didn't even give it a name. Wether its eczema cos I &my husband heve alergies in our families. Pls help my little boy. Thnks
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Romeo4real(m): 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
Zuluchukwu: Hi pls my baby have been having a red itchy rashes since he was 3months & doc's have been givn him steriods lik epidem, funbact a. Endex G etc and once we stop applyn it d rashes comes back. I ve stopd using all his baby cosmetics on him&@9months he is still suffering dis rashes. Do we use dis steriod 4 eva?? When will he out grow it & pls what elsw can we use dat is steriod free. I hate seeing his chick, jaws, back of his ears,neck and all over his body red &itchy. D worst is that. Consultants pediaticians I ve seen didn't even give it a name. Wether its eczema cos I &my husband heve alergies in our families. Pls help my little boy. Thnks

If it is something he has had for a while, it is most likely being caused by an allergen - so it may be Eczema; though it is difficult to tell. It is best to see a dermatologist (skin doctor) for precise diagnosis. Skin complaints in infants is best dealt with through a process of elimination. Eliminate ANYTHING that contain chemical being used on his skin. Do NOT use any lotion, ointment or cream. Use Almond Oil or Coconut Oil (organic of course). If there is no improvement, it may be a fungal issue, so you can then try fungal/ steroid creams.
Try washing his clothes, bedding, etc only with a very mild soap/ detergent; nothing harsh. Are there any dogs, cats, pets the house? If so avoid him coming into contact with them. Change ALL his bedding/ blankets, etc, as there may be dust mites in them.
Get some Glycerin liquid. Put a capful into his bath water every day. Do all these things and look for improvements. Notice what causes a change and what doesn't. Hope this helps.
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
[quote
author=Zuluchukwu]Hi pls my baby have been having a red itchy rashes
since he was 3months & doc's have been givn him steriods lik epidem,
funbact a. Endex G etc and once we stop applyn it d rashes comes back. I
ve stopd using all his baby cosmetics on him&@9months he is still
suffering dis rashes. Do we use dis steriod 4 eva?? When will he out
grow it & pls what elsw can we use dat is steriod free. I hate
seeing his chick, jaws, back of his ears,neck and all over his body red
&itchy. D worst is that. Consultants pediaticians I ve seen didn't
even give it a name. Wether its eczema cos I &my husband heve
alergies in our families. Pls help my little boy. Thnks[/quote]it is adviceable...dat u visit ur babies PAEDIATRICS for furda breifings in addition to wat ROME4REAL sed.If it is an ordinary MILARIA RUBRA....so enough he sha grow over it...Just be rest assured dat ur baby's health is alryt....and cud be pathetic with delay.....
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Zuluchukwu: 11:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
Tnks a lot. I ve tried all these method bt no total cure. We ve alergies in my family and ny hus familt toO so d 50% hereditry is there. I ve stopd all his baby cosmetics since he was 2months. I only bath him wt sebamed baby wash & now e switched to Aveeno baby wash & daily moisturiser cos I heard it helps in eczema. No petS @home. I use persil 4his cloth bt tiny size &i rinse it well. Abt d antifungal&steriods,I ve used it 4long &once I stop d rashes coms bk. I am just lokn 4a steriod free cream 4rashes bt I can't find. I saw 1 called Tricalm on d net bt no store ve it here in 9ja. His body is so rough &itchy now & I ve no option dan goin bk to funbactA which is a steriod aswell bt givs only temporal relief. Thnks
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote
author=Zuluchukwu]Tnks a lot. I ve tried all these method bt no total
cure. We ve alergies in my family and ny hus familt toO so d 50%
hereditry is there. I ve stopd all his baby cosmetics since he was
2months. I only bath him wt sebamed baby wash & now e switched to
Aveeno baby wash & daily moisturiser cos I heard it helps in eczema.
No petS @home. I use persil 4his cloth bt tiny size &i rinse it
well. Abt d antifungal&steriods,I ve used it 4long &once I stop d
rashes coms bk. I am just lokn 4a steriod free cream 4rashes bt I can't
find. I saw 1 called Tricalm on d net bt no store ve it here in 9ja.
His body is so rough &itchy now & I ve no option dan goin bk to
funbactA which is a steriod aswell bt givs only temporal relief. Thnks
[/quote]I would advice,u take ur baby to a PAEDIATRICS.....We av countless INFANTILE DERMALOGICAL condition for RASHES/ECZEMA....I dont expect we shud give u drug....d thread is not meant for dat...since we av dealing with INFANT HEALTH....Pls meet a PAEDIATRICS....for ur babies....skin condition......pls!
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Zuluchukwu: 12:46am On Oct 01, 2013
Uh oh.......I ve seen 3diff consultants pediatricians and non ve preferd a solution. All dey say is dat I should find wat he is reactn too. Thnks anyways....I only asked 2c if sm1 has had same situation &wat cured.
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by JadeWilliam(f): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2013
Zuluchukwu: Uh oh.......I ve seen 3diff consultants pediatricians and non ve preferd a solution. All dey say is dat I should find wat he is reactn too. Thnks anyways....I only asked 2c if sm1 has had same situation &wat cured.
My dear,my senior collegue's only son is 10yrs&has bn battling d same allergy problm right frm childhood.Recently,one elderly yoruba woman told her 2use Toto soap on her son (its a locally made ijebu soap lik black soap)&sh said d soap has bn helpful&also an Indian paediatrician sh ran into told her 2b givin daily low doses of loratidine (its an antiallergic drug) whch sh's bn doin&sh said its bn helpful too.This boy's own allergy is so bad dat afta bathin him,he'l b itchin&sneezin so badly so sh adds silverbird 2his bathin water (I don't knw wot dat one does anyway).Sh stopped usin any form of cream on him now.Sh said used hydrocortisone cream 4long til it stopped workin 4d boy.Now sh mixes Ori wit Visitaplus cream (more of it)&sebamed cream.Sh said its al bn helpful
Re: PAEDIATRICS: Advice And Solution To The Health Conditions Of Infants. by Romeo4real(m): 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
@Zuluchuckwu -

If you have tried all i mentioned, there should be an improvement in his condition - Sebamed and Aveeno still contan chemicals, though they are milder than other cleansers. Even if there is no total cure, you should continue. ALL pharmaceutical product designed to combat skin allergies still contain chemicals.
I will repeat my advice for you again -

- Change ALL his bedding
- Do NOT wash his clothes with any detergent. You can wash his clothes with his bath/body wash.
- Use only natural products on his skin lotion - Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Shea Butter or Pure Aloe Vera lotion (all organic and must contain no other chemicals))
- Put a capful of Glycerin into his bath water every day.

Just observing these 4 things consistently would result in a marked improvement in his condition.

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Cockroaches To Our Economy / The Next 14 Days Might Be The Beginning Of The End In Nigeria / Vitamin C For Acne – Here Is How Vitamin C Will Help You Overcome Acne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.