Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,249 members, 7,853,270 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state (39059 Views)

Oldest History Books Say Yoruba Not Benin Founded Lagos / Why Is The Yoruba Not United In Business & Politics / How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

Haha! Boy o' boy! Where have you been hididng?!

"Confronted"?
Lol. As is to be expected, your first comment to me since a long while turns out to be a blatant lie. You never dissapoint!

Anyways, you dared not confront me! In fact, there couldn't have been any reason for you to, as I always provide detailed references.

I sometimes even go beyond the call of duty by helping you search the references grin

However, what you had said the last time regarding Oghene was that you are technologically incompetent and clueless regarding how to verify the academic references by yourself.

And then you begged me for help which I chose to decline.

Having said that consider the following:

Although his account his fraught with amateurish pseudohistory and deliberate spinnings, some truths (such as the use of Oghene for an Ooni) are nevertheless still admitted by Omo N'Oba N'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Erediauwa II in his May 2004 The Benin-Ife Connection.

See: https://www.edo-nation.net/erediauwa1.htm

Hmm, that article looks so edited it was contradictiong itself at so many point, it looks forged, by the Yoruba people

Anyway oghene is an edo delta world for king you hear words oghenosa they are chiefs who bears the name oghene in benin and it delta areas oghene means king or god it is used interchangeably so i would say the Benin called oghene to refer to the king of ife,
Probably Oduduwa brought the name oghene to ife, if that would be accepted then its not a debate that Oduduwa is an edo prince
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Opiletool(m): 11:09am On Apr 01, 2020
macof:

Right now on another thread I'm engaging 3 guys who insist Yoruba are semitic
Coming up with ideas like Aramean is Oranmiyan, Deborah is Ebora, Malaki and Ejilu (of the Ẹyọ origin story) are Malachi and Elijah

One thing I've come to realise is that Africans live with so much inferiority complex
You have seen it in the Binis on this forum
But I have seen it in our people too. I see it in African Americans almost daily

Inferiority complex is exposed in two forms
-aggression and resentment for a people who you consider but do not accept are superior to you. A constantly triggered defense mechanism is employed where you try to belittle the person to feel good about yourself
-dismissing your own identity or elements of it that you think make you inherently inferior for that of someone else you think superior

When I see Blacks who are ashamed of African origin but want to be anything else I am disgusted, because I can't even relate and for me I wonder why I would shun common sense and disregard evidence and studies for imaginations

As you've implied, any layman can come up with so called "language connections" all you need is imagination, that's even when you should be suspicious... That it's laymen without skills or particular knowledge that are coming up with such huge but easy "connections"
I mean who can't see how interestingly similar "Ebora" is to "Deborah" but how is this a valid connection?
You wouldn't know better than (historical) linguists, if it were so easy for any random person then these scholars are wasting their time

I was actually interested in that thread, at a point, I lost the interest due to some far reaching claims. Thread gradually started looking like a joke.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 11:35am On Apr 01, 2020
gregyboy:

(1) Hmm, that article looks so edited it was contradictiong itself at so many point, it looks forged, by the Yoruba people.

(2) Anyway oghene is an edo delta world for king you hear words oghenosa they are chiefs who bears the name oghene in benin and it delta areas oghene means king or god it is used interchangeably so i would say the Benin called oghene to refer to the king of ife,

(3) Probably Oduduwa brought the name oghene to ife, if that would be accepted then its not a debate that Oduduwa is an edo prince

(1) Lol. I knew I was about to cause you to deny something about your Benin heritage. grin

In all your career of receiving flogging from me, this is the worst cheap excuse you've ever imagined and submitted.

Lad, no Yoruba will ever dedicate a whole webpage in an Edo name, "fraudulently" edit Oba Erediauwa's copy-righted work, and then finally conclude that Oduduwa was an Edo son --- the very thing against which he has set out to painstakingly risk doing all these so-called forgery.

You're incredibly d.umb! You need to stop living in denial and with inferiority complex.

(2) The word "Oghene" may also simply mean "King"?? Hmm! A refreshing perspective. Erediauwa, I think you are honest. What do you say to this?

Anyways even this damage control of yours is ineffectual. This is because Omo N'Oba Erediauwa himself had clarified this years earlier that he meant God Almighty.

He is quoted in Eweka (1992) to have noted that it was God Almighty himself who gave birth to the first Oba of Benin as his last born son. grin

Riddle me that! Lol.

See: E. B. Eweka, "Evolution of Benin Chieftancy Titles", UNIBEN Press (1992), p. 2. cited in Roger Blench & Matthew Spriggs, "Archaeology and Language 1: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations" (2004), p. 314.

(3) You seem to have comprehension issues, or you're simply pretending to.

No where did the piece you just read (or any piece for that matter) mention that Oduduwa was called Oghene in IFE. No it clearly says "whom the BENIN people called".

So, your cheap excuse of "probably Oduduwa brought the name Oghene to Ife" is utterly incoherent and absurd because the piece you had read didn't say "whom the IFE people called". No! It says cearly "whom the BENIN people called". Sorry! cry

You, therefore, remain stuck with Oghene for Ooni as a bonafide Edo boy. wink

And whether Oduduwa was an Edo prince? World-class historians say no. See my comment at the link below for details on that:

https://www.nairaland.com/5738539/benin-governor-kneels-greet-king/11#87682523

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

(1) Lol. I knew I was about to cause you to deny something about your Benin heritage. grin

In all your career of receiving flogging from me, this is the worst cheap excuse you've ever imagined and submitted.

Lad, no Yoruba will ever dedicate a whole webpage in an Edo name, "fraudulently" edit Oba Erediauwa's copy-righted work, and then finally conclude that Oduduwa was an Edo son --- the very thing against which he has set out to painstakingly risk doing all these so-called forgery.

You're incredibly d.umb! You need to stop living in denial and with inferiority complex.

(2) The word "Oghene" may also simply mean "King"?? Hmm! A refreshing perspective. Erediauwa, I think you are honest. What do you say to this?

Anyways even this damage control of yours is ineffectual. This is because Omo N'Oba Erediauwa himself had clarified this years earlier that he meant God Almighty.

He is quoted in Eweka (1992) to have noted that it was God Almighty himself who gave birth to the first Oba of Benin as his last born son. grin

Riddle me that! Lol.

See: E. B. Eweka, "Evolution of Benin Chieftancy Titles", UNIBEN Press (1992), p. 2. cited in Roger Blench & Matthew Spriggs, "Archaeology and Language 1: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations" (2004), p. 314.

(3) You seem to have comprehension issues, or you're simply pretending to.

No where did the piece you just read (or any piece for that matter) mention that Oduduwa was called Oghene in IFE. No it clearly says "whom the BENIN people called".

So, your cheap excuse of "probably Oduduwa brought the name Oghene to Ife" may have worked only if the piece had said "whom the IFE people called". Unfortunately for you, it didn't say that. Sorry! cry

You, therefore, remain stuck with Oghene for Ooni as a bonafide Edo boy. wink

And whether Oduduwa was an Edo prince? World-class historians say no. See my comment at the link below for details on that:

https://www.nairaland.com/5738539/benin-governor-kneels-greet-king/11#87682523

What arr driving out with the word oghene

You brothers lay claim to an area in the early centuries name oghene in the Portuguese map and he is referencing it to ife,
Which does not coexist or tally

Am trying to understand were you were also driving to in our last post ob the oghene debate,
I bet it wasn far from what macof is insinuating
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
gregyboy:

(1a) What arr driving out with the word oghene

(2) You brothers lay claim to an area in the early centuries name oghene in the Portuguese map and he is referencing it to ife, Which does not coexist or tally

(1b)Am trying to understand were you were also driving to in our last post ob the oghene debate,
I bet it wasn far from what macof is insinuating

Wow! See humility in your tone. Willing to be educated! cheesy

(1) Anyways to proceed with your request for quality education:

What I am driving at is the very same thing the ancient Binis have always drove at --- including a modern Oba of Benin like Omo N'Oba Erediauwa as I have shown, namely that:

The kings of Ife were referred to in ancient Benin kingdom as Oghene --- God Almighty himself incarnated.

The earliest Portuguese seafarers have first heard tells about the Ife country and its sovereign while they were still in Europe from the 1352 account of Ibn Battûta.

Then when they visited Benin in the late 1400s, they learnt from Benin kingdom that his 'name' is Oghene.

The Europeans rendered this 'name' variously as Orguene, Ogané, Organa, Hooguanee, among other foreign renderings.

The Portuguese were also told by the Binis that this Oghene is "the most powerful monarch" of the region.

So, the point I am driving at becomes extremely clear.

(2) The specific argument macof was putting forward (which I actually haven't contributed to until now) was in response to ghostwon who was arguing to the effect that Benin kingdom (but no Yoruba kingdom) feautured on early maps of Africa.

macof however debunked his delusions by putting forward a number of ancient maps including a 1525 French map showing the the words Regnum Orguene (Latin for: Kingdom of the Oghene) written over the Nigeria region.

Interestingly, Benin kingdom was not considered worthy of featuring on this particular 1525 map.

I hope you are now super clear what the discussion was all about.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

Wow! See humility in your tone. Willing to be educated! cheesy

(1) Anyways to proceed with your request for quality education:

What I am driving at is the very same thing the ancient Binis have always drove at --- including a modern Oba of Benin like Omo N'Oba Erediauwa as I have shown, namely that:

The kings of Ife were referred to in ancient Benin kingdom as Oghene --- God Almighty himself incarnated.

The earliest Portuguese seafarers have first heard tells about the Ife country and its sovereign while they were still in Europe from the 1352 account of Ibn Battûta.

Then when they visited Benin in the late 1400s, they learnt from Benin kingdom that his 'name' is Oghene.

The Europeans rendered this 'name' variously as Orguene, Ogané, Organa, Hooguanee, among other foreign renderings.

The Portuguese were also told by the Binis that this Oghene is "the most powerful monarch" of the region.

So, the point I am driving at becomes extremely clear.

(2) The specific argument macof was putting forward (which I actually haven't contributed to until now) was in response to ghostwon who was arguing to the effect that Benin kingdom (but no Yoruba kingdom) feautured on early maps of Africa.

macof however debunked his delusions by putting forward a number of ancient maps including a 1525 French map showing the the words Regnum Orguene (Latin for: The Kingdom of the Oghene) written over the Nigeria region.

Interestingly, Benin kingdom was not considered worthy of featuring on this particular 1525 map.

I hope you are now super clear what the discussion was all about.

Cheers!

This are mere claims you know i dont dwell on claims bring prove... I want to see links maps writeup that made you draw this conclusion so we can draw it from there together

If you leave it like this there are mere clsims that remain unproven
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
gregyboy:

This are mere claims you know i dont dwell on claims bring prove... I want to see links maps writeup that made you draw this conclusion so we can draw it from there together

Guy,

You have time to waste and to listen to garbage as history.

They are telling you that the Early Europeans heard about this God King in Ife as far back as the 1300s and Benin confirmed his existence in 1400s when they visited Benin, yet as curious as the early Europeans were, they didn't find their way or ask the Benin to take them to Ife to go and see this almighty God king and established a link directly with him, instead they decided to open a diplomatic relationship with a lesser Benin King to the extent of even exchanging ambassadors and sending Roman Catholic priests to Benin.

There are scarcely any early eye witness European accounts of this God king in Ife, no account of the people he ruled over, no mention of Yoruba people anywhere in the 1300s, 1400s, 1500s, 1600s 1700 by any of the European countries that visited the region now referred to as Nigeria.

You allow this baby historians to start manufacturing stories for you as history.

How all these make sense to these guys make me wonder what they smoke.

These people come to Benin in the name of studying Benin history, grabs some dates here and there, go back home and begin the process of revision to elevates their villages and hamlets.

They always have to mention Benin for their lies to sound authentic.

Benin has to be the one to tell the European how great and mighty the Ife King was, yet no historical exploit that they can point to that make Ooni so great.

Their evidence of the greatness of Ife and Ooni are,

1. The Benin told the Portuguese about one Oghene and today historians now believe that the Oghene has to be Ooni of Ife. Who are the modern day historians?

2. Oba Erediawa said so.

They also tell you that every Oba of Benin was buried in a special place in Ife, unknown to them, the Oba of Benin is the only one that is buried in Ogbe quarters in Benin, no one else is allowed for this simple reason.

Only four Oba of Benin were not buried in Ogbe for various reasons and we know where their graves are in Edo state.

Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 4:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol! You're buying time. grin

(1) Anyways, for Oba Erediauwa's description of the Ooni of Ife as Oghene, I have refered you to his work. And the laughable excuse you came back with was rubbished in the sewage, after which you then kept shut on that point. Lol

(2) For the Portuguese's rendering of the Oghene as Ogané, etc., and for their learning at Benin kingdom that he is the most powerful monarch of the region; refer to the scholarly historical statements with detailed referencing in the 1st attachement below.

(3) For the 1525 French map which shows the words "Regnum Orguene" (Latin for: "Kingdom of the Oghene") written over the Nigeria region, with no recognition for Benin kingdom; see the 2nd attachment below.

Let me know if you have further questions.

cc: davidnazee ghostwon Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

1. The Benin told the Portuguese
2. Oba Erediawa said so.

Nonsense.

The best way to demonstrate someone's foolishness is to use their own words (i.e. their own most trusted source).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

They also tell you that every Oba of Benin was buried in a special place in Ife, unknown to them, the Oba of Benin is the only one that is buried in Ogbe quarters in Benin, no one else is allowed for this simple reason.

Only four Oba of Benin were not buried in Ogbe for various reasons and we know where their graves are in Edo state.

Nonsense.

Regarding your point about burial, do you want to discuss that? grin

Ask gregyboy, he will confess how I showed him pepper on that point.

Wait, gregyboy you still haven't submitted the homework I gave you on this burial thing. It's about 7 months overdue now. grin

You're also defaulting submission on the homework I gave you about the Oduduwa festival which the Binis still celebrate. grin

samuk, let me know if you want to stand by your point about burial.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

The best way to demonstrate someone's foolishness is to use their own words (i.e. their own most trusted source).

One thing you guys don't realise is that most people in Benin live and breath history and Benin history are mostly represented in arts and monuments that can be seen all over the places.

Imagine your fabrication of early Obas of Benin being buried in Ife, you can tell that to someone that's not Benin because most Benin know that the Oba of Benin are buried in Ogbe in Benin City and no one else is allowed that privilege

Only four Obas were not buried in Ogbe because some decreed before their death to be buried in their mothers villages, One was banished to his mother's village where he died and was buried, some of their burial sites and graves were turned into shrines which can be visited.

So which Benin Oba was buried in Ife.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

[s]One thing you guys don't realise is that most people in Benin live and breath history and Benin history are mostly represented in arts and monuments that can be seen all over the places.[/s]

Imagine your fabrication of early Obas of Benin being buried in Ife, you can tell that to someone that's not Benin because most Benin know that the Oba of Benin are buried in Ogbe in Benin City and no one else is allowed that privilege

Only four Obas were not buried in Ogbe because some degree before their death to be buried in their mothers villages, some of their burial sites and graves were turned into shrines which can be visited.

Okay, you seem to want to stand by your point.

No historian of Benin history --- worth the name ---- ever said that the whole body of the late Obas of Benin were buried in Ife.

Historians say they were normally buried in Benin, but then their heads later "exhumed" and taken to Ife.

Do you still want to pursue this point? A saving grace! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

Okay, you seem to want to stand by your point.

No historian of Benin history --- worth the name ---- ever said that the whole body of the late Obas of Benin were buried in Ife.

Historians say they were buried, and then their heads "exhumed" and taken to Ife.

Do you still want to pursue this point? A saving grace! grin

Are you not aware that the purported site in Ife was excavated and no human bones found.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

Are you not aware that the purported site in Ife was excavated and no human bones found.
Meaning what? grin
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

Meaning what? grin

It means there were no human bones or skull found in the place in Ife you guys claimed the heads or bodies of late Obas of Benin were buried.

Most of you guys are out to diminish the greatness of Benin by making all sorts of claims and refuting even world acknowledged Benin achievements.

I have seen a thread here were some of you where questioning the fact that the Guinness book of world records recognises that the Benin moat was the world's largest earthwork pre mechanical era, four times greater than the great wall of China.

Ordinarily you expect every African to celebrate this rather than trying to reduced it to nothing.

If it was nothing, it wouldn't find it's way to the Guinness book of world records.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

It means there were no human bones or skull found in the place in Ife you guys claimed the heads or bodies of late Obas of Benin were buried.

[s]Most of you guys are out to diminish the greatness of Benin by making all sorts of claims and refuting even world acknowledged Benin achievements.

I have seen a thread here were some of you where questioning the fact that the Guinness book of world records recognises that the Benin moat was the world's largest earthwork pre mechanical era, four times greater than the great wall of China.

Ordinarily you expect every African to celebrate this rather than trying to reduced it to nothing.

If it was nothing, it wouldn't find it's way to the Guinness book of world records[/s].

Lol! Benin boy pretending to be a dummy as expected! cheesy

No skulls found means no skulls found

How does that even make any sense to you yourself?

Or how does that answer my question of skulls being buried there.

Anyways, you haven't argued explicitly that no skulls found necessarily means no skulls were indeed buried. So, I wont be harsh just yet.

Or is that what you really mean? grin

Moreover learn to stay on topic!

[I will return to the Walls of China issue later, I need to deal with you completely on this first]. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

Lol! Benin boy pretending to be a dummy as expected! cheesy

No skulls found implies more than one logical possibility:

You identified only one (of more than one possibility) yet.

Will you try all your best to be a respecter of commonsense? grin

Moreover learn to stay on topic!

[I will return to the Walls of China issue later, I need to deal with you completely on this first]. wink

I will not entertain any insolent and rudeness from you, if you can't make your points without insults, you can find your mates and kinds to debate with.

If you have superior arguments and confident about them, you don't have be insulting to drive your points home.

It's usually those that have nothing meaningful to say that results to insults to mask their inadequacies and shortcomings.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

I will not entertain any insolent and rudeness from you, if you can't make your points without insults, you can find your mates and kinds to debate with.

If you have superior arguments and confident about them, you don't have be insulting to drive your points home.

I'm sorry about calling you dummy! I just couldn't help it at the time.

Anyways, refer back to my modified comment. I just noticed that you didn't really answer my question.

I was a step faster!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 6:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

I'm sorry about calling you dummy! I just couldn't help it at the time.

Anyways, refer back to my modified comment. I just noticed that you didn't really answer my question.

I was a step faster!

You raised the point of more than one logical possibility. It's now up to you to explain what you mean. And not maybe this, maybe that, sorts of explanations.

Please explain to me your other logical possibilities and explanations why human bones were not found in the purported burial site of Obas of Benin in Ife.

While I am waiting for your explanations...

Below is the link to Benin moat being acknowledged as the world's largest man made structure on the planet pre mechanical era in the Guinness book of world records.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=257034751865597&id=250714491773177&sfnsn=mo
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

One thing you guys don't realise is that most people in Benin live and breath history and Benin history are mostly represented in arts and monuments that can be seen all over the places.

Only four Obas were not buried in Ogbe because some decreed before their death to be buried in their mothers villages, One was banished to his mother's village where he died and was buried, some of their burial sites and graves were turned into shrines which can be visited.

Ogbe means what in Benin?

That word is a known igbo word...what's the meaning in Edo.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Ogbe means what in Benin?

That word is a known igbo word...what's the meaning in Edo.

There are numerous Igbo sounding words in Benin especially in the villages, these are old Benin words and names, I hope someone more competent in their meanings will be able to explain.

I have also heard the names Oyi Idu and Izu in the Azagidi N' Urhonigbe village folklore.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

There are numerous Igbo sounding words in Benin especially in the villages, these are old Benin words and names, I hope someone more competent in their meanings will be to able explain.

I have also heard the names Oyi Idu and Izu in the Azagidi N' Urhonigbe village folklore.

I mean what ogbe stands or the meaning in Bini?
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I mean what ogbe stands or the meaning in Bini?

I can't easily recollect what it means, it's the name of the area bordering the Oba Palace, kings square/ring road and Oba market area. someone else may know.

I know Ogbee which sounds slightly different with the double ee means family but don't know the meaning of Ogbe.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

Guy,

You have time to waste and to listen to garbage as history.

They are telling you that the Early Europeans heard about this God King in Ife as far back as the 1300s and Benin confirmed his existence in 1400s when they visited Benin, yet as curious as the early Europeans were, they didn't find their way or ask the Benin to take them to Ife to go and see this almighty God king and established a link directly with him, instead they decided to open a diplomatic relationship with a lesser Benin King to the extent of even exchanging ambassadors and sending Roman Catholic priests to Benin.

There are scarcely any early eye witness European accounts of this God king in Ife, no account of the people he ruled over, no mention of Yoruba people anywhere in the 1300s, 1400s, 1500s, 1600s 1700 by any of the European countries that visited the region now referred to as Nigeria.

You allow this baby historians to start manufacturing stories for you as history.

How all these make sense to these guys make me wonder what they smoke.

These people come to Benin in the name of studying Benin history, grabs some dates here and there, go back home and begin the process of revision to elevates their villages and hamlets.

They always have to mention Benin for their lies to sound authentic.

Benin has to be the one to tell the European how great and mighty the Ife King was, yet no historical exploit that they can point to that make Ooni so great.

1. The Benin told the Portuguese about one Oghene and today historians now believe that the Oghene has to be Ooni of Ife. Who are the modern day historians?

2. Oba Erediawa said so.

Nonsense.

I wanted to embarass him publicly and personally but you did a great job tho
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

I can't easily recollect what it means, it's the name of the area bordering the Oba Palace, kings square/ring road and Oba market area. someone else may know.

I know Ogbee which sounds slightly different with the double ee means family but don't know the meaning of Ogbe.

Alright.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 9:24pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

You raised the point of more than one logical possibility. It's now up to you to explain what you mean. And not maybe this, maybe that, sorts of explanations.

Please explain to me your other logical possibilities and explanations why human bones were not found in the purported burial site of Obas of Benin in Ife.

While I am waiting for your explanations...

Below is the link to Benin moat being acknowledged as the world's largest man made structure on the planet pre mechanical era in the Guinness book of world records.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=257034751865597&id=250714491773177&sfnsn=mo
My question to you was: No skulls found implies what??

I'm not sure why you're shying away from giving a direct answer to my question.

Anyways, since you've repeatedly avoided giving a direct answer, I think it's fair to assume that your answer is as follows:

No skulls found implies no skulls buried.

And that's a false/illogical conclusion.

The conclusion is false/illogical because it assumes that there can be no other logical possibilities for why skulls weren't found today.

(1) Yes, if skulls weren't buried, then skulls won't be found today.

(2) But also, if skulls were exhumed soon after burial for ascension rites for example, then skulls won't be found today.

Having said that, while you haven't produced even a shred of historical data to support case (1), I have actual historical information refuting case (1). And I also have astounding evidence supporting case (2) as the actual scenario.

In fact, the objective of the 1961-2 archaeological excavation exercise, of different ancient sites in Ife (including Orun Oba Ado) by Frank Willett, was not to exhume skulls.

And regarding your video about the wall of Benin, which of my argument so far are you refuting with that video?

Stop the distraction!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by samuk: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2020
gregyboy:

He seems to have run away.
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
gregyboy:

Mr. Oga, you're owing me replies. You asked for evidence, you got evidence.

Refer here if you missed it.

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/11#87995078

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by gregyboy(m): 9:51pm On Apr 01, 2020
TAO11:

Regarding your point about burial, do you want to discuss that? grin

Ask gregyboy, he will confess how I showed him pepper on that point.

Wait, gregyboy you still haven't submitted the homework I gave you on this burial thing. It's about 7 months overdue now. grin

You're also defaulting submission on the homework I gave you about the Oduduwa festival which the Binis still celebrate. grin

samuk, let me know if you want to stand by your point about burial.

You are diluded fellow you always bask in fairytale and assume them as realities

If i refuse to argue on this it will give rooms for fellow doubters,

Bring your proves benins buried thier kings head in ife
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 9:51pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

He seems to have run away.

Hello, you seem to have missed something.

See here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted/11#88003104

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]You are diluded fellow you always bask in fairytale and assume them as realities

If i refuse to argue on this it will give rooms for fellow doubters,

Bring your proves benins buried thier kings head in ife[/s]

By proof, I'm sure you're not ridiculously referring to a video footage of burial procession from Benin. grin

Anyways, I'm already doing that with samuk. Don't insult his intelligence by assuming he is not competent to carry on with me.

Or you may tell him publicly here to pass on the baton to you so I can face you squarely as soon as he agrees to.

Moreover, you're still owing me a homework submission on this same burial issue. It's about 7 months overdue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
samuk:

Do you realize tat the guy whom you are engaging, that troll named tao quoted a specialist in ...mythology as a source while actually discussing history. The guy is a slowpoke. I really don't know why you guys are even talking to him. When a person doesn't see the difference between mythology and history, you know the guy is a slowpoke.
The map which he is circulating is a fictional one born from the period europeans were is some sort of hallucination and in search of a mythical christian king (prester john), they first looked for him in asia, then they turned to africa, and drew maps supposedly showing his kingdom....On the map, the christian fanatics put a bunch of nonesense about places the map makers didn't know. For some reason they just put one name "Orgvene" which is supposed to be prester johns kingdom. For some other reasons, yoruba fanatics are interpreting mythical "Orgvene" to actually be ife.

Although, on the more serious maps of that same era, on the maps which show the region with great details and which were drawn by actual explorers for the purpose of informing european kings, you will see no Orgvene and certainly not ife neither. I will let you guess what you can actually see in these maps. (Great Benin empire)

https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/66075/world-continents-typus-orbis-terrarum-americae-sive-no-ortelius

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Photos From Ooni Of Ife's Wedding Thanksgiving Ceremony / Oluwo Of Iwo: "Banky W Cancer Should Come And Afflict Me" / Ooni Ogunwusi Meets Prince Charles & Lady Camilla (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.