Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School (40134 Views)

Yahaya Nuhu Aliyu Beaten To Death By Teacher At FGC Kwali / Demons In St Clairs Anglican Girls Grammar School, Offa Forced School's Closure / Secondary Student Tied To A Pillar By Teacher As Punishment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by liltee123(m): 10:07am On Mar 02, 2020
A Junior Secondary School (JSS) student Kelvin Ogheneogaga, of Ekiugbo Grammar School, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State has died after he was allegedly flogged by a teacher.

The Nation gathered that his death sparked a protest among students on February 26.

The Nation gathered that the angry students attacked the teacher, destroyed the principal’s office and pelted a police vehicle with stones.

A source, who preferred anonymity, said the students informed the teacher that Kelvin was not feeling well on account of a leg injury.

He said the teacher continued beating the student, nevertheless.

He said, “We were begging the teacher not to flog him because Kelvin was not too fine but the teacher refused. Kelvin had an injury in his leg before he was flogged; we do not know if the flogging was what led to his death.”

The arrival of police did not calm the situation as the students vented their anger by pelting them with stones and other dangerous weapons.

Efforts to reach the Delta State police boss Hafiz Inuwa proved abortive.

But s senior police officer attached to Ughelli Area Command said, “There was protest by students of Ekiugbo Grammar School, Ekiugbo, in Ughelli over the death of one Kelvin Ogheneogaga, who was said to have been flogged to death by a teacher.

”The teacher had on February 26, 2020 flogged the student for misconduct, after which it was reported that the student on getting home developed complications and was rushed to Ughelli Central Hospital by his family where he died.

“When the news of his death got to the school, it led to a protest by the students who destroyed the school’s vehicles belonging to the principal and teachers.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/teacher-flogs-pupil-to-death-in-delta/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 02, 2020
F... T... C!!!

Teachers in Delta State have to be the worst in the world. Very frustrated set of civil servants and it's the students that suffer it most. So sad, RIP young man.

As for you teacher, you don enter. God help you and you don't have money to give to police...

#NoFlogging #FloggingHelpsNoOne

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 02, 2020
Ghen Ghen, the teacher don enter am

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by meum: 10:10am On Mar 02, 2020
Na wa o!
Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2020
The anger has now vanished!
Villagers won!
RIP to the young boy

14 Likes

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Propsvilla(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2020
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by GeneralPula: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2020
sad
Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Enitxt(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2020
cry cry cry
Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 02, 2020
Dem don flog flog flog, Dem don kill pesin !!!

I been think say them go tire grin

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by juwoonn(m): 10:16am On Mar 02, 2020
Some of those school teachers ehn...
They don't know the health condition of these kids and they'd be flogging them.

That was how one gave my daughter a punishment called "go to hell" and she couldn't walk well for 3 days. Well... The teacher had to leave the school for my daughter.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by sofiscatedmoron: 10:16am On Mar 02, 2020
Chai. These wicked teachers think everyone is strong

2 Likes

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by YummySuits(f): 10:16am On Mar 02, 2020
This is so sad cry. He died as a result of complications. How severely was he beaten We really need to look into other means of punishment in our schools. It is also possible he did not die as a result of being beaten by the teacher, just unfortunate it happened at that time.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by GeeMeshin1(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2020
Issues profundus...

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by YorubaKinging: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2020
There is so much evil in this world
I pray God will not let evil befall us

4 Likes

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Perfecttouchade: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2020
Some schools already stopped flogging and severe punishment..the teacher was told about the boy's health condition but he ignored abeg this is a case here already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2020
I hated skol so much because of beatings, I told my dad once dat I will rather learn a vocation than go back to the hell

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by lekkan(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2020
The earlier Nigerians understand corporal punishment is not a way of correcting a child, the better it will be.
I don't know why a sane human being will pick up a cane and start flogging someone else's child?? Its so absurd!!
I won't say the beating killed the child but he might have died from suffering too much pain.

Well, most of those teachers are frustrated and looking for where to pass their frustration.
So sorry for the boy's parent.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by dahnimoh(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2020
Wahala

THE law is there to hold him

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by easyfem(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2020
Double wahala for the teacher .... Gov refuse to pay his salary and muther case
Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Neroiam(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2020
Oghene biko shocked
Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by D4donnn: 10:18am On Mar 02, 2020
incomplete reporting op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Offpoint: 10:18am On Mar 02, 2020
Flogging kill Nigerian student? taa!
if that's the case, 80% of Nigerian would have been death.

In my days, teachers cane cure sickness.

They should let the teacher be and channel their anger towards the student parents inabilities to treat the guy leg injury.

in Nigeria 1001 ways to die, cane is not included cuz we eat cane at home, school, church and occasions.

Anyways, spanking as a form of punishment should be abolished and something new should be introduce.
Something like electric chair, lethal injection etc.

RIP to the young lad

12 Likes

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Flier: 10:19am On Mar 02, 2020
NtoAkwaIbom:
I hated skol so much because of beatings, I told my dad once dat I will rather learn a vocation than go back to the hell
Severe punishment and beating destroyed life of many kids during the 1990s and early 2000,that is why you see some student sitting for WAEC 10 times and JAMB 8 times unlike now that they are passing it at will
Thank God it’s getting better,most state have outlawed beating student or giving them severe punishment and the worse is these useless teacher don’t really know anything,some of them are even using local language to teach pupils

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by handsomeyinka(m): 10:19am On Mar 02, 2020
An autopsy will reveal the cause of his death..

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Comedian2019: 10:19am On Mar 02, 2020
The way hand dey scratch some teachers ehn...
Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by wilemer: 10:20am On Mar 02, 2020
liltee122:
A Junior Secondary School (JSS) student Kelvin Ogheneogaga, of Ekiugbo Grammar School, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State has died after he was allegedly flogged by a teacher.

The Nation gathered that his death sparked a protest among students on February 26.

The Nation gathered that the angry students attacked the teacher, destroyed the principal’s office and pelted a police vehicle with stones.

Lock him/her up!
Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Otisker(m): 10:20am On Mar 02, 2020
Flog the teacher to death too. Some teachers flog like herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 02, 2020
Flogging what the British brought and used on slaves. To me flogging only makes the child hardened it doesn't help it breeds hate and disrespect.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners Of 2014 Chevron Scholarship Award contacted!!! / Jamb Registration Turns Bloody In Makurdi As 1 Person Said To Be Shot By Police / Ilawole Oluwafunmilayo Oluwseun, A First Class Economics Graduate Of UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.