Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,565 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July (29452 Views)

Usyk Wants Joshua Rematch In Ukraine / Trump Invites Fury & Wilder To White House As Tyson Wins WBC Title / Anthony Joshua Hugged Andy Ruiz After Rematch In Saudi Arabia(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by Xclusiveme: 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
Wilder is so scared to be a loser. but what he should know is that losing a fight doesn't make u weak, it makes u stronger. Fixing a rematch just to gain ur title back won't make u win, u have to wait till when the battle will be due, u don't have to rush it, else u end up bringing urself down

2 Likes

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by MadeBoy: 3:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
bigtt76:
At this rate we will be seeing a back and forth between these two .....what happens when Wilder loses again or when Fury loses? I'm sure he too will insert a clause in this forth coming agreement cheesy

fury can't insert a clause when there is already one by wilder. the contract is not over yet.

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by MadeBoy: 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
Xclusiveme:
Wilder is so scared to be a loser. but what he should know is that losing a fight doesn't make u weak, it makes u stronger. Fixing a rematch just to gain ur title back won't make u win, u have to wait till when the battle will be due, u don't have to rush it, else u end up bringing urself down
there is a time period for which the rematch clause will expire. be that fury will not fight any other except wilder. so wilder need to call for it immediately.

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by bikerboy1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2020
bluecircle470:

Mark it yourself.
This time no go reach 7th round sef

We will both see who is wrong
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by Xclusiveme: 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
MadeBoy:
there is a time period for which the rematch clause will expire. be that fury will not fight any other except wilder. so wilder need to call for it immediately.

Ooh!! I understand now
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by bikerboy1(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
ciggy000:

more technical you said but does wilder have the technical ability to match fury?

He doesn't need technicality to beat Fury!!

He needs strength and one outstanding punch wink

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by bikerboy1(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
jaxxy:

A one handed boxer has a major problem and weakness. Poor boxing technique, I don’t see him coming back like Joshua did to Ruiz.

Remember, with one hand, he has done it for 42 consecutive times cheesy
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by Numerouno94(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
stanliwise:
Dont mind these guys jare... me I yaff explained to my guys tire dem no dey hear.

Bro i tire 4 dia matter..After Pulev,AJ still has a mandatory bout wit Usyk.
AJ holds 4 belt,thus,he has to defend dem wen d need arises. He can only tink of facing Fury or Wilder wen his gat no mandatory bout.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by Tulsaguy: 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
Iya o t'oya lo n je ori eni to na mi daru. Enough beating won't allow you to abuse the fellow gave you some punches.... lazy youth blaming costume...
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
stanliwise:
Tell me why he doesn't? I don't think you follow boxing.
Wilder has never been known for his technical boxing, just physically. He doesn't even have a proper defence, just offence..these are facts that cannot be argued with.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by koolaid87: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
stanliwise:
You wouldn't repeat such statement after the first fight. everyone always have a bad moment, wilder wasn't just prepared.

I knew way before the first bout with fury that wilder has no resume. He fought bum all his lives.

The only 2 solid fighters on his record are ortiz (out of his prime) and fury (ring rust, battling mental illness, obesity)
And still it was a controversial draw

Fury is a bum. He relied on his right hand and he was disappointed
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by djoey89: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Anthony Joshua no go come fight him mate coward

Are you trolling or you mean what you typed here?

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by salford: 4:40pm On Mar 02, 2020
Fury will be at 100% by then. He was at 50% in first bout, 80% on the 2nd bout.
I pity this Wilder with his tiny legs that can't even carry a 20kg costume.

His ringwalk this time around should be in a pink G-string. No excuse.

6 Likes

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by stanliwise(m): 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
Wilder has never been known for his technical boxing, just physically. He doesn't even have a proper defence, just offence..these are facts that cannot be argued with.
He didnt even go for the offence in that match. Now he will be prepared in july. This time he know his opponents very well.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by salford: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
Donkenny511:
All na Business
unfortunately, this 3rd bout won't make as much money as the first or 2nd bout. People are really not interested in a trilogy. Just a waste of time. Fury has exposed what people have already suspected about Wilder i.e. that he is not a skillful or technical boxer. He is just a 34 year old fighter with a good right hand.
2-0 soon to turn 3-0.

The Pulev vs AJ fight for the IBF title defence would generate more than 3 times the amount a Wilder vs Fury 3 generate.

4 Likes

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by bigtt76(f): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
I get it now ....he can only do so after this current one is vacated (30 days after the fight if Wilder had not triggered a rematch). Better sef else it would've been a merry-go-round affair cheesy

MadeBoy:
fury can't insert a clause when there is already one by wilder. the contract is not over yet.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by stanliwise(m): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
koolaid87:

I knew way before the first bout with fury that wilder has no resume. He fought bum all his lives.

The only 2 solid fighters on his record are ortiz (out of his prime) and fury (ring rust, battling mental illness, obesity)
And still it was a controversial draw

Fury is a bum. He relied on his right hand and he was disappointed

Simple fact was that fury prepared better for that match. And his preparation got him the medal. For now it will seem like you get everything right just like how you all lot talked about Anthony Joshua and Andy. Joshua went home and got his head together, he didnt over rate himself and he won.
Wilder overrated himself and didn't do any special training. His weight has never been heavy like it was in that match, his stamina was off. Lets watch and see.
The next match might be a second defeat for deontey or first for fury.
But it will be more technical and interesting.

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by bigtt76(f): 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
Exactly ....he fights like a village boxer winding his blow before delivering ....no footwork at all.

salford:

unfortunately, this 3rd bout won't make as much money as the first or 2nd bout. People are really not interested in a trilogy. Fury has exposed Wilder that he is not a boxer. He is just a fighter with a good right hand.
2-0 soon to turn 3-0.

The Pulev vs AJ fight for the WBO title defend would generate more than 3 times the amount a Wilder vs Fury 3 generate.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by golddare: 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2020
oshozondii:

https://punchng.com/wilder-to-face-fury-for-another-rematch-in-july/

Breland should be ready to throw another towel or should I say Wilder will beg him to throw the towel this time around.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by Tonnyray: 4:50pm On Mar 02, 2020
Heard Wilder sacked his trainer that threw in the towel when Fury was pounding him wildly last bout.
The new trainer during Part 3 in July when Wilder's teeth and eyeballs are flying all over the ring: grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by bigtt76(f): 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
I foresee a drawn fight this time around. If he was unable to beat Fury in the first fight when Fury just got back from depression induced retirement, I don't think Furty would make that same mistake Andy Ruiz made with Anthony Joshua ... he will definitely kick Wilder's ass this time around

stanliwise:
He didnt even go for the offence in that match. Now he will be prepared in july. This time he know his opponents very well.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by stanliwise(m): 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
salford:

unfortunately, this 3rd bout won't make as much money as the first or 2nd bout. People are really not interested in a trilogy. Just a waste of time. Fury has exposed what people have already suspected about Wilder i.e. that he is not a skillful or technical boxer. He is just a 34 year old fighter with a good right hand.
2-0 soon to turn 3-0.

The Pulev vs AJ fight for the WBO title defence would generate more than 3 times the amount a Wilder vs Fury 3 generate.
Baba calm down na. It is 1-0. first match was a draw. Just because dontey had a bad day on his last fight now make him not a boxer.
Wait did you watch lennox lewis vs Mike Tyson. he beat mike Tyson like a baby. Did that make tyson less of a boxer?
So get your analysis right.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by stanliwise(m): 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
Tonnyray:
Heard Wilder sacked his trainer that threw in the towel when Fury was pounding him wildly last bout.
The new trainer during Part 3 in July when Wilder's teeth and eyeballs are flying all over the ring: grin grin grin

Didnt you read he retained him?
African man SMH
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by Observer1: 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Wilder will finish Fury on the next fight,the last fight was fixed.

There's more money to be made in losing and having a rematch.
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
stanliwise:
they've fought twice already. In both cases, the honest truth is that Fury won. A third match for me is an absolute waste of heavyweight boxing time...

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by bigtt76(f): 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy ....that his trainer though, they guy was just like ....hmmmmm this our oga go lose this fight shaaa! As in you could see he wasn't giving any pep talk whatsoever aside giving bros water to wash mouth. I'm 99% sure Wilder bullies them sef cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tonnyray:

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by salford: 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
stanliwise:
Baba calm down na. It is 1-0. first match was a draw. Just because dontey had a bad day on his last fight now make him not a boxer.
Wait did you watch lennox lewis vs Mike Tyson. he beat mike Tyson like a baby. Did that make tyson less of a boxer?
So get your analysis right.
no wahala. His fans should just tell him to come out with g-string this time around. No useless excuse allowed. A king that can't carry his own armour grin
Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by salford: 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
bigtt76:
cheesy cheesy cheesy ....that his trainer though, they guy was just like ....hmmmmm this our oga go lose this fight shaaa! As in you could see he wasn't giving any pep talk whatsoever aside giving bros water to wash mouth. I'm 99% sure Wilder bullies them sef cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not just lose. The guy saved him from disability at the age of 34.

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by CalebLebsco56(m): 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
Go rest nah....before he will kee u this time

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by stanliwise(m): 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
they've fought twice already. In both cases, the honest truth is that Fury won. A third match for me is an absolute waste of heavyweight boxing time...
it was part of the contract. The highlight of the match might rake more money when you see something like.
"Dontey defeat fury" grin

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July by seunmsg(m): 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2020
The outcome won’t be different so I’m not particularly looking forward to the fight. It’s an unnecessary fight as far as I’m concerned. A unification bout between Joshua and Fury is what we all want to see.

Anyway, it’s going to be a money spinner. I guess Wilder activated the clause just to make enough money for his retirement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

These Guys Won FIFA U16 Maiden Edition On This Date 1985 (photo) / Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] / Asisat Oshoala Joins Dalian Quanjian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.